“A great restaurant”
Review of Papadam Ria - CLOSED

Papadam Ria
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With the state-of-the-art kitchen being ruled by six international Chefs, the restaurant serves North and South Indian cuisine, Arabic dishes. With the extensive menu featuring in total 560 dishes! Priding themselves in a prompt and efficient service, all freshly prepared meals are served within 15 minutes!The interior has a fairy-tale feel of exotic India, with walls painted in sand, green and dark red. From a ceiling, draped in a canopy of colorful fabrics, dangles a myriad of traditional handmade Indian lamps in intriguing designs. Dispersing a dim light, they create an intimate exotic atmosphere - a truly dreamlike setting for a wonderful culinary experience.Customers Satisfaction Is Our Goal
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My partner and I smelt Papadam Ria before we saw it, a delicious waft of spice and a hot tandoori oven. We were coming up from Cenang beach and decided we had to come back to investigate what delicacies could be the source of such aromas! We did and were not disappointed. We had the poori, tikka paneer (a dish I haven't found anywhere else), dahl and steamed rice. Everything was delectable! The poori bread was light, crispy on the outside while gooey inside. The dahl was tangy and delicious, the tikka paneer smokey and flavoursome from the oven. Even the rice seemed above the ordinary in taste. We were very satisfied with the portions and the price was very good, particularly compared to most of the restaurants on Cennang beach who charge similar rates but do not deliver anywhere near the same standard of wholesome, authentic and tasty food. The staff were very kind and courteous, the premises were very clean and cool. The food did take some time to reach us but you can't hurry magic! We would definitely go again and heartily recommend a visit.

2  Thank Elbur

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Nice indian food and good service but it's quite expensive...if you are looking vegetarian food this is the place.....

2  Thank SaimaSharif
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went to Papdam Ria after reading some of good reviews. This is a place surely to be avioded for
1) very slow service...to receive order and deliver food to your table...it took them more them 20 minutes to take our order. Food came after good 30 mintues. This is the despite that fact other than ours there was only 1 table was occupied.
2) tasteless, salty food...we had ordered Indian Chinese food (Indian version of Chinese food which is very different fromo usual chinese fare). Food was very very salty. I have never had such a bad food in my life till now.
3) soups, apetisers and main food were brought together...I do not think that they are properly trained to run a restaurant business. They do not even know what and how to serve when.
4) please do not expect warmth from staff. They were all very very dry in behaviour and communication.

Even if someone wants to visit please do so at your own risk.

1  Thank GMACNewDelhi
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We met the owner of the restaurant on the flight from K.L. to Langkawi he was so nice and helpful, told us lots of things to do on the island places to go things to see and invited us to eat at his restaurant which we did a few days later. Food was wonderful, the lighting and environment perfect, the staff helpful and patient as I explained how I like an English tea !! No alcohol but the food more than made up for that! All of this when the owner was not even there, we didn't tell him which night we were coming in. We asked if he would come that night and they said we don't think so and without asking more they called him at home to say a customer was asking after him, 10 minutes later he arrived to see us then he suggested driving us to one of his favourite local bars. What a great night, the food, service and the added bonus of going to a bar and meet people we would never have found alone made our trip there quite memorable. can't believe I have left it so long before writing this review but better late then never !

2  Thank CathyG428
Karu5294, Owner at Papadam Ria, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you very much for an honest review. Glad that you enjoyed the whole experience. I will be glad to meet you again in Langkawi. If your friends are visiting Langkawi, Do recommend them to stop by my restaurant.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visited this place last month and I have to say the food was amazing. I really enjoyed the chicken tikka masala and the naan bread was perfect. My wife tried a rice dish and it was also equally good. For drinks, i recommend the mango lassi. Would be really refreshing after a long walk along Cenang beach.