“Cheaping Out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had dinner on the Mexican side of the Mexican/italian restaurant. Our nacho starter consisted of a minuscule amount of cheese, guacamole and I think there might have been a drop of salsa at the most. The chefs meat fajitas (beef, chicken and lamb) came sizzling and was quite tasty. The problem was they only gave us two small flour tortillas. I asked for more, was given two more and found an extra charge on the bill for three ringgits. We also had a stray cat which was rubbing up against our legs. When we asked for their help, they just shrugged. 3 Amigos is ranked 209 out of 251 restaurants and deserves the rating. Wish I had read the review before stopping in there. BTW they include a ten percent service charge.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had a dinner snack of a a Viva's specila pizza and a tuscany tomato soup. Pizza was average. But have to give them credit for a sprinkle of fresh lettuce & balsamic over the traditional pizza tomato+meat+cheese toppings, which made things interesting. The soup was big thumbs down - a complete waste of time. Despite the menu's appetizing image, and a meditteranean-ish sounding "Tuscany Tomato Soup", it was very very plain and watered down. Wouldn't come back.

1  Thank justinlimak
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate at 3 Amigos (Saturdaynight), there was litterally nobody else in the restaurant.. Still took quite long for our food to arrive. Nachos were ok, quesadilla should have been more of for the price. Waiter couldn't speak English. Wanted to leave as soon as we were done. Drove down the street afterwards and saw a different mex/italian restaurant which was very crowded. Should go there next time..

1  Thank VSAMP
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visited here with my daughter. Langkawi is beautiful and this restaurant didnt ruin our experience. We ate there on 2 nights and i have to say the food didnt disappoint. Initially i was apprehensive as i tend to follow reviews on tripadviser but on the first night, we were so tired and hungry we just wanted to eat. My daughter felt like italian and hence we ended up here. I have to say although the food did take long to arrive, it ceritanly was worth the wait. I ordered pizza and daughter ordered chicken pita sandwich. The pizza dough was perfect and the vegetarian toppings complimented well. My daughter enjoyed the pita and even ordered one for the next day to take away on an excursion. Dont understand the other reviews based on my experience, but i certainly advise giving this restaurant a try before making a decision. Will come back on my next visit to Langkawi for sure.

3  Thank Newtraveller092013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Looking from the outside the restaurant looks good and stylish but once you step inside..

The walls looks like its never been cleaned and covered up all in dust. The linens on the tables looks worn out and the chairs and tables needs some fixing. The whole place looks tired. I ordered pasta and it was good but the prawn was not fresh at all. There was a weird smell to it and the texture was all wrong.
Service was ok and as much as the walls needs repainting, I love the paintings and decos in the restaurant as it adds a nice touch to it.
I think for the price paid, I could have had something much better in the Cenang area.