“Appalling service. Food disgraceful.”
Review of Viva Italia

Viva Italia
Ranked #96 of 443 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The service was most unfriendly. Food took over one hour to arrive. When it arrived our lasagna was stone cold in the middle and soggy on the outside. I don't think they checked it between taking it out of the microwave and serving it.
The restroom was disgustingly filthy.
Staff seemed to not care. Over priced, terrible food and service. Don't let the nice exterior fool you.
The mood of other diners in the same position as us was most evident.

1  Thank krsw20
There are newer reviews for Viva Italia

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Dined here with the family, and while the food generally was ok, the service was appalling. Took forever to get the meals served, and then they came without any cutlery. Surprisingly unhelpful staff. Not well recommended.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have to find the seat ourselves, ask and wait for the menu, waiting for the waiter to get our order, waiting again for the bill, finally I just walked to the cashier to pay in order to be quick. I ordered napolitana pizza which was quite tasty and caesar salad which only had lettuce, a few tomatoes and 3 slices of bacons, the milkshake was quite nice. Dont forget, they will charge you 10% for such lousy services.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food here was great, with the salads being better than any we had elsewhere including more upmarket places. The margaritas were fine and the pizza was tasty, I saw a lot of people getting frustrated with the service but our salads came quicker than in other places we ate.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The title is my exact words to the manager who seemed as if he couldn't give a care in the world to such a stinging attack on his restaurant...

My points are as such:
1. We had to practically seat ourselves, get menus for ourselves and wait an eternity before anyone came to take any form of order.

2. For a relatively large place, it was chronically understaffed, and even those who were there seemed disinterested and inattentive.

3. You are made to wait an age between courses.

4. Food was very mediocre at best and overpriced for Langkawi.

5. When we had finished our starters, nobody came to clear the plates away.

6. Main courses arrived one at a time, I had finished my own main and sat for a further ten minutes before my girlfriend's arrived!

The sadistic highlight of my night was watching our fellow diners in exactly the same boat. One man threw his menu at the the staff who had just neglected him. Other tables walked out having ordered but not received their food for almost an hour. All night long the manager was bombarded with a constant stream of customer complaints, but remained unbothered.

Things were so bad it was almost comical, though the laughing certainly stops when you are presented with a fairly hefty bill for food in Langkawi!

I should have heeded the advice of the gentleman who said the best bit was leaving, certainly not a good choice for dinner. Unfortunately we wasted our last evening in Langkawi on this place.

One to avoid.