Let's get to the bottom line, something to improve on:
1. The water pressure in the bathroom was barely tolerable. Do not expect a refreshing shower but a 30-minute washing chores with the first 10 minutes rinsing your body and another 20 minutes washing the soap away with a little stream of water slowly running out of the shower head.
2. Another issue with water. The toilet kept draining water so there was not flushing water at all. It, in turns, further lowered the water pressure of the tap and shower. There would not be water coming out from the tap or shower if the main tap to the toilet-water storage was open.
3. Air-con was weak. The room felt very stuffy and scorchy especially during daytime on a sunny day. It was fine though at night and in early morning.
And now, something to keep up:
1. Very friendly services. The first day we checked in we found out the remote control was gone and the second day we told them about the water issue. Some other time we requested a universal adapter too. All our requests and queries were promptly heeded and entertained by very friendly and approachable staff, except that the water issue could not be solved before we checked out.
2. Good suggestions on packaged tours ranging from island hopping, snorkelling, mangrove excursions etc. The prices were reasonable.
3. While other hotels in Langkawi were charging a fortune, Citin offered a relatively affordable rate.
4. Tidy and clean room.
Location is okay but renting a car/motorbike is highly recommended. For your information, 15 minutes from the nearest shopping mall, 1-hour walking from the hotel to jetty. You probably cannot go to anywhere without a taxi or car. Mind you, there are not enough eateries nearby.
The reason why I refrained from giving a negative rating for Citin is that the water pressure in Langkawi, in general, is relatively small compared with other cities in Malaysia. I heard that the water pressure of a 5-star hotel there was not satisfactory as well. However, the amicable atmosphere the staff created kind of outweighed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the town of Kuah, the newly renovated Citin Langkawi hotel offers clean and comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and feature an en-suite bathroom. Additional facilities include 24-hour reception & security, laundry service and a breakfast room. Internet service is available in the lobby. It is a mere 5 minutes walk to duty free shopping, a short walk to the local jetty. A 20 minute drive away is the well-known beach of Cenang and just 30 minutes from the hotel is Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotwire so you can book your Citin Hotel Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.