“Awesome snorkelling experience!”
Review of Langkawi Coral

Langkawi Coral
Ranked #68 of 96 things to do in Langkawi
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well the day started with my partner and I being picked up at our hotel on Penang island and taken to the ferry. After a pleasant 1.5 hour ferry trip we arrived at the langkawi coral floating platform. We could snorkel, sunbake, lay on the beach for 2 hours. The snorkelling was amazing with many different fish and crystal clear waters. We then had a buffet lunch which was beautiful and had many choices. Then we got a complimentary boat to the beach for another 2 hours free time where we swam with some baby sharks before returning to the pontoon and then getting the ferry back! Overall and awesome experience and for the 125$ au we paid it was great!

1  Thank Baylor88
There are newer reviews for Langkawi Coral

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went on this trip full of the expectation of a days snorkelling on the coral reef. The truth is that the reef is dead, and it is a devastating sight. There is no brightly coloured coral here, only what looks like ugly brown rocks. Yes there are some beautiful tropical fish to view but I would strongly suggest saving your money on this one!

4  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked this day trip through the tourist information on Pantai Tengah and it was the worst day of our holiday. The area was overcrowded by the time we got there but STILL flocks of tourist groups kept appearing as the day went on. The equipment was shoddy and uncomfortable and only consisted of snorkel and mask but no fins. There was no communication from the staff and most of the tourist group walked in up to waist height and then just jumped around clouding up the water rather than swimming around. The thing that shocked me the most was the utter disrespect most of the tourists and the tour guides showed for the local area. Many of the tourists were chucking litter into the sea, leaving plastic on the beach and throwing cigarette butts into the water but at no point were they asked not to by the tour staff. It's meant to be a marine national park! We did go on a Saturday which may have contributed to the business factor but I would go so far as to strongly advise against going on this trip if you appreciate nature and your sanity!

6  Thank rhirhi333
Reviewed December 19, 2012

After reading some negative comments, I must say that I was expecting the worse but the trip turned out to be really good and enjoyable. Everything from hotel transfer, ferry transfer, buffet lunches and facilities on the platform was good and quite professionally run. The staffs were friendly and accommodating. I only have good words about the staff, there was a guest on wheel chair and the staff was really helpful in assisting his family in bring him on board and while at the platform, the staff was checking with the family one in a while to ensure that the guest was ok. Like some reviews mentioned that the hotel transfers and ferry ride was long, but for the price we paid, we did not expect a 5 star transfer services but a bearable service. What about some people who signed and turn up late at the pick up point and the bus having to wait for them? The buffet lunch was even better than some of the 5 stars hotels; again don’t expect a gourmet meal for the price you paid. The staff on the platform were actually pretty fun to interact with.

Too few living corals to see, is it the operator’s fault? Probably not as the marine park is not under their administration.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

With 2 friends, I spent a day with Coral Island (which we were told is the same company as Coral Langkawi - excuse me if I am wrong).

I did 2 dives while my friends did 1 and did snorkling with the baby sharks in the afternoon. We all loved the experience. The second dive was nicer as there was less people on the dives , I have to admit :)
The visibility at 14 meters wasn't very good, so we sticked above that. There was a lot of fish, very beautiful.
First time divers and certified ones dive separately. Since there are many dive masters, everyone will enjoy it.

True, there isn't a lot of staff when on the beach. Although there are signs not to feed the fish, I wish people could be responsible and follow the basics.

The lunch could be improved. Other than that, thanks for the great time and good organization!

2  Thank love_travel_music