“What a lovely place to eat”

TULSI GARDEN RESTAURANT
Ranked #73 of 456 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed on Langkawi for ten days and ate here three times. All the meals we ate are full of flavour and very reasonably priced considering how lovely the seating area and facilities are. The staff are very helpful, attentive and friendly.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

So, I searched for Indian restaurant in Langkawi and Tulsi garden came up and was listed as "vegetarian" restaurant with 4 star rating, hence decided to try it. And I totally regret my decision. First of all, it is not a vegetarian restaurant. Secondly, they didn't have many options in any section (starters, main course - veg/non-veg, rice etc.,). But the worst part is, food was horrible...!!

I ordered Dhal Paneer and they got Dhal tadka and when we asked about it, they took the bowl into the kitchen and got it back with paneer cubes on it (not to be blamed because that's what we ordered right..!?!) But the whole bowl was smelling of raw turmeric which means the dish isn't cooked completely. Other dish we ordered was eggplant curry and the eggplant pieces were uncooked and we could taste the raw flavor in almost every piece. Salt lassi was JUST OK (funny that most of the reviewers mentioned that it's very bad and so you can imagine about the quality of food if I feel salt lassi was the only relief..!!). Not trying to put this restaurant down, but don't get fooled by the name (Oh ya, TULSI..... how sacred and attractive eh?).....

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Good ambience but you may have problem as they serve beef. Little deserted area. No light On street so it's little scary at night

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a birthday dinner and were not dissapointed. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was just great! The best tomato soup ever tried and chicken in creamy tomato sauce just melts in your mouth. Wonderful cuisine :)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Tulsi Garden was very close to our hotel so we ate there the night we arrived - and what a great choice!

It was quite empty when we arrived (about 8pm) with only one other table taken - but by the time we left at 10.30pm it was almost full .... and lots of locals which is always a good sign.

All food was obviously cooked from fresh and the flavours were amazing. My special prawn curry with tamarind and spices was one of the best I've tasted (and I've tasted a few in my time!). The staff were attentive without being intrusive and the cold draft beer hit the spot.

Although close to the main road the candlelit outside tables still felt very peaceful.