“Holiday Villa helped save my trip - great service!”

Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
Ranked #22 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Holiday Villa helped save my trip - great service!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Amazing hospitality shown by not only the team but also the higher management! I initially booked this hotel via hotelopia/hotelbeds for dates during the peak period. Unbeknown to me, the hotel was actually fully booked on those dates! A circular was sent out much earlier to all booking sites and agents but hotelbeds did not update their system and proceeded to confirm my booking as well as charge my card. Luckily I called Holiday Villa about 1 week before my stay to confirm my extra bed request and found out my booking was not included (hotelbeds knew this yet did not inform me) and they are currently overbooked and unlikely cancellations.

Long story short, the Holiday Villa team was extremely helpful in helping me sort out the error even though it was hotelbed's fault, especially Lisa who was very hands-on and patient and extremely efficient in replying my e-mails to sort out the error. She was beyond amazing helping me get a room even though it was a holiday season that she herself also celebrated. At the very last minute, she managed to provide me with an even better room than I paid for and did not charge me the outstanding - which is quite a lot!

Throughout check-in and check-out, the hotel desk was efficient and warm and very welcoming. Though the rooms and furniture are not very modern (the hotel has been around for quite awhile so they look just a little bit old), the way they handled my situation was impeccable.

Plenty of facilities and the beach is just at your doorstep. Plenty of sun loungers around and great beach and pool. Also easy to arrange for any island hopping tours and activities or even a cab to Pantai Cenang (more bustling). Wi Fi is not free though.

Overall, family friendly hotel with warm service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mich8Lee
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind compliments. We are glad to have you as our guest and pleased to know that you were happy with our services and enjoyed your stay. We value your feedback to us and hope to receive your continuous support to Holiday Villa. Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I booked this place in a rush and not even looking at the review..was taking my mother in law and family. but once done with the booking I casually flip through the review and it really got me worried...but what is done is done...
landed in langkawi and my rental car was already there..sweet..drove gingerly to the hotel...1st impression of the location " not bad afterall"..now the lobby...still not bad..a bit out dated but acceptable...the girls on the counter were busy and I don't expect much from them anyway but to my surprise they were much better the I hoped...so 2 ok. They took our beg and showed us our room...I got scared cause it was a bit scary as I felt like walking in a old hospital...just kept walking and we reached our room ( connected room facing the garden)...not my favourite but peek season that is the only room they had...the corridor was dark and needs some rework I thought...finally reached our room...and to my surprise it was not bad for the money I just paid...decent size...old furniture but acceptable..big beg..not a flat screen but not bad..clean room ..nice bathroom..felt not bad afterall..open the curtain to see the view outside..A nice garden ..not bad again..now the food...We only had the complimentary breakfast...fairly average...typical nonsense that you get in most hotels...nasi lemak. .sausage and few more ...I would say it was acceptable...the swimming pool...not really my taste..I have a better looking pool in my local club..They are constructing infinity pool but I didn't to get to use it as it was still in the making. ..forget abt pool side cocktails...not that fency...the beach was nice and clean..private beach...All in all it not bad value...For 2 nights 2 room under rm800 I won't fuss abt it...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Raj s
Thank you for your comments. We acknowledged your observations and value your feedback on your stay with us. The lobby has been conceptually designed to reflect a Malay traditional chieftain house. We will continue to strive in providing the best of services to ensure that guests experience with us is to their satisfaction.Thank you for your support and warm wishes.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Room looks dated, the toilet is so-so. The bed is dented in the middle n the wool blanket looks like a hundred years old. There is no robe, no bedroom slippers, so please byo. The customer service is much to be desired, apparently they require a deposit in order to charge anything to the room, including drinks. Wi FI is not free, it cost myr40 for 24 hours usage. Take your money to somewhere else.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ChrisKosasih
Panjim, India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were here on our honeymoon. Though the mixed reviews had made us nervous with our decision to book the resort, on reaching here, we were relieved that it was alright. Yes, we were given 2 joined up single beds on our honeymoon, but was ok... Rooms are a lil dated, they do need refurbishing, but the ambiance makes up for it. Regular housekeeping was there. Breakfast was good, though gets repetitive by Day 4.

I think the crowning glory is the pool and soon the new infinity pool. Its large and family friendly. It has its own lil access to the beach, which is awesome.

Overall, a very content trip! Lot of activities done in Langkawi! Hire a Bike! Its the most convienient!

Room Tip: Choose the top floor, pool facing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we will be glad to welcome you back again in Langkawi island and serve you with our finest hospitality. Your feedback is most appreciated . Warm wishes.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A place where u can relax.
Rooms were nice, Good hospitality . Hotel was well connected with the beaches, shops other restaurants . Breakfast buffet was really good. But dinner buffet didn't had much options to choose .

But I can say overall experience was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a good stay with us and liked the resort . We value your reviews on your dining experience and we will share your comments with our team. Thank you for your support to us and have a nice day. Warm wishes.
Shanghai
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Unfortunately this is a typical resort, several hundred rooms, in a big building, with a huge restaurant, several hundreds of people for breakfast,...not my typical preffered accomodation, but we chose it by default.

I was worried about the different kind of reviews. In fact this is just not a modern resort, so yes, the rooms and common areas are not looking the best, but if you need a basic resort, with a pool, and a big beach, then this can be the place.

The old pool is big, now the view of the sea is just hidden by the new infinity pool that was not yet opened at the time of our stay, but which is may be now open, as it was only a question of days. For sure the view from that one pool will be awesome.

Staff is friendly, service just normal, no problem. Do not expect a top quality high service, but hey, you get what you pay, which is affordable.
Family of 4 with a 12 and 8 years old could fit in one room with one extra bed only, and the king can become a huge king in case you ask both single bed to be "transform" in on king bed, First time I saw that, but very convenient and efficient.

Won t be back though, but also because we prefer other places than Langkawi. We just know other place we like more, that's all;
Better have a car (it is cheap) unless you like spending the whole day on the pool or on the beach.
ah : water (sea) is not clear blue on this side of the island.that's disappointed.
Best beach remains the one from which the mangroove tours are starting...but this is a 45' drive if you do it on your own, and on the exact opposite side of the island...

By the way : one hour boat takes you to Koh Lipe. Another world. IF I had understood that earlier, I would not have pre paid the hotel for the whole stay and we would have gone there. We loved it the year before.
Still good to be at the beach with a nice weather.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and will always strive to do our best level of services to meet guests' expectations. We receive many compliments as we progressed along ..It is always our aim to ensure that guests have a pleasant and enjoyable time during their stay with us . Thank you and warm wishes.
London
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I would love to be able to write a review about my experience staying at the Hotel but unfortunately I can't.

We were booked to stay for 8 days over Xmas and New Year, I'd made the booking a couple of months before and had filled in my credit card details when I made the reservation. I made the reservation direct on the Holiday Villas Website and was thrilled because on most websites the hotel came up as fully booked. I received a email with confirmation. On the basis of this I then booked flights to Kuala Lumpur and on to Langkawi.

On 16th December I received an automated email saying that there was a problem with my credit card number and the booking had been cancelled ---- less than a week before our holiday!!!
Frantic phone calls resulted - I was informed that I had been sent 2 emails prior to the cancellation email. Strangely enough they never arrived - although the confirmation and cancellation emails got through without any problem......hmmm. I have read other reviews on Tripadvisor that other people had the same experience before Xmas, I must admit I have wondered if the Hotel suddenly found themselves overbooked.......... They also had a telephone number for me but they didn't try calling or sending a message. If I'd received any emails regarding my booking I would of course answered immediately.

I was not at all happy, I was promised a call back from the deputy Manager (Veronica, I think), well, I'm still waiting for that call to this day. I wrote an email to the Head Office asking if we could solve the problem somehow as I felt there had been a genuine mix-up. Unfortunately my email was ignored - I have received no communication from Holiday Villas.
In a situation like this you are powerless.
Of course I couldn't find accommodation on Langkawi at such short notice, I had limited time to search seeing as we were flying to KL 3 days later so we had to cancel our flights to Langkawi and stayed in KL - we lost the money for the flights.

So all in all a disappointing experience - beware when booking at this Hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family