See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2016

The front office staff and the handicapped challenged housekeeper are friendly. The mattress are comfortable. The hotel is located strategically near restaurants, coffee shops and hawker centre. The Aman Central Mall is about 15minutes walk from the hotel. That is all which are the good points for the hotel.
This hotel is old and badly in need of a renovation. The hotel bathroom is really bad, old and dirty. The water heater activates only after a good 10minutes of running water from the fixed shower. the hot and cold knobs were loose as well as the shower selector. I will give the bathroom a 2 out of 10 (2/10). The room has no safe deposit box. The cabinets were dusty. The air con looked dirty and cannot be controlled even after removing the key from the socket.
The view of the pool from the room clearly indicates the pool looked mouldy and dirty. A visit to the pool confirmed it.
We were informed that the breakfast was buffet but they only had bread, butter, jam, choice of 3 cereals of which 2 were old tasting, coffee and tea. After much deliberation with the front office staff we were served with some sausages, chicken nuggets, fried eggs, cakes, and fruits. The next day we had buffet of some decently spread of local dishes.
I asked the waiter to have the kitchen to break the soft boil eggs. The waiter used his hands to break the eggs and realised it was full boiled. He had long dirty nails. I just immediately asked him to get the kitchen to fry eggs for all of us.
From this I can only conclude that the staff were untrained and lack hygiene, The next day we just decided to skip breakfast.
The wifi was weak with a minimum number of guest.
In conclusion weighing the pros and cons, the cons outweighed the pros. I would give this hotel a poor rating of 3/10. The 3 for the staff in my beginning paras.
Preferably such hotels should not be on the various hotel websites until they are renovated and maintained and the staff re-trained.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2016

An old hotel but very good location. We could not assess the free wifi mentioned either in room or at lobby. The television was not in good condition. The hotel pool - average. Not sure will come back here again..

Room Tip: couldn't assess the free wifi at room or lobby
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank anizahyati a
Reviewed February 3, 2016

The hotel is situated quite close to the centre and walking to the shops and restaurants is easy enough. The rooms are well appointed and spacious with comfy beds but the service was poor and the food portions when they eventually arrived is enough for a child only. First they could not find my booking, then they had no Coke the ordered mushroom soup was out of stock but it took them 15 mins before they told us. We waited over half an hour for the meal and it was only just warm enough to eat. Then they brought salt when we asked for pepper and finally they did not have any ketchup either. Not the best way to advertise your hotel ??

Room Tip: I only stayed one night and had a quiet room overlooking town
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Nhanbread
Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

Family trip last year with booking of 4 of their biggest room.
Triple bedded is not too bad but walking space is limited.

Hotel looks very old and the only thing holding the hotel together is the staff.
Most of them have passion in their work and walk around with a smile. You can really see their sincerely, if only the management could improve their working spaces.

If your have no choice but to stay here.
Opposite hotel there are drinking places. A little pub with at least 6 darts machine which sells nice beers at great price. Air-con of cos

Both left & right of the hotel have breakfast serving great Malaysia delights like prawn mee or a western egg n sandwich.
Walking distance to the new shopping Centre and to be honest their Location is not too bad. Night time a little quiet so be careful.

A point to note is that during my stay:
My kettle in the room got sparks and lucky I switch it off . If not it would have caught fire and I have 2 child in room.
I hope they invest in better product for the safely of their guest

Another point is that :
I send email to enquire certain issues, didn't get a reply till I email to another office in other country.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2015

when arriving, the front desk staff quit friendly but should learn more about customer service. He should learn which task to prioritize, to entertain the customer in front of him or to answering a lot of phone call or to give an instruction to his buddy. Oh i forget to mention, he just the only person sit at that desk. I think i should forgive him coz my check time processing time is just not more than 15 minutes. My bad coz i book this hotel via agoda.com so this gentlemen issue me two separate bills, one for my room and one for breakfast for tomorrow. Off course with two time credit card swiped. Luckily the bank doesn't count how many you swipe your card monthly so no extra charge for that (hahaha).
The room is quit spacious but the interior if was not that good. Closet without a door, no small towel provided and even you don't have any foot mate so you must ensure to dry your feet after bathroom.
My room happen to face the sentosa mall and at level 5. The curtain not separated from first layer and second layer so you can't open it at all otherwise someone on the opposite building will not be happy of whats going on in your room (another haha).
Alor Setar is bit hot during my arrival so i guess better for me to have in room dining coz the price offer is affordable and have a lot of variety. I choose Kampung Fried Rice for my lunch and the taste is good. The serving time also quit considerable but a but funny coz when i call at first, they asked me to call later coz they have no chef on that time. Means their chef is changing their shift. Since I'm too lazy to go out so i just wait for their chef to come.
In the evening, i plan to take a walk around the hotel and wish to try Nasi Kandar nearby (about 5 min walking distance) but i could not do so, once I'm at the main road in front of the hotel, i saw to many dogs walking around and they don't look so friendly. I just felt unsafe on that time so i guess i just have another in room dining. when i called something funny happen again, at first they can give assurance of my order coz as usual no chef around, my first order was Lamb Chop. 2-3 min later, they call me and said i can have that menu, but, i had change my mind and want to change the menu to Spice Chicken Chop. They said ok but have to check first. I hang out and another 2 min later they called me again and asked if i can have my first order instead. Coz I'm to hungry to think i just said yes. About half and hour later, my meals is ready but its not good as my lunch earlier. The meats is hard and difficult to chew and i dare to say, i can't consume it at all. Luckily the come together with some fries.
As a conclusion, yup you may considered this hotel coz their price is affordable, spacious room, good internet connection and a part of that, nothing special about this hotel. The surrounding just not really good but if you have your own transport i guess its ok.

Room Tip: stay away fromm facing tall building
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business