Fuller Hotel Alor Setar
$23
$48
$33
Agoda.com
Grand Alora Hotel(Alor Setar)
$44
Hotel Regent(Alor Setar)
  • Restaurant
Hotel A.S.R.C.(Alor Setar)
AST Hotel(Alor Setar)
TripAdvisor
Bee Garden Motel(Alor Setar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscentral mallbudget hotelvalue for moneyjapanese restaurantbiggest mallfull length mirrorseparate shower cubiclebody massagebig comfortable bedbasic toiletrieswalking distanceground floorhotel is cleanfood courtshort staydecent hotelwi fi
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Was here for 2 nights on business. 1st room was near the bar, loud music until late. Hence the next morning, I requested for another room citing the noise issue.
I was given another room, right under the ballroom. There was a party on the 2 no night, and I could hear every single thing, including chairs being moved/ dragged. I couldn't sleep until the event was over past 2am.
Being unable to get a good night's rest is the main reason I wouldn't recommend in this poorly sound proofed hotel. When complained to the front desk, all they said is "we are sorry".

Stay at your own risk, or here's an idea - stay in another hotel!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I'm guessing from the appearance of this establishment, it's a new hotel and perhaps a new kid on the block when it comes to hotel management and hotel set-up.Why? Simply because if I were to compare with a few of the established names, Fuller still have a few traits that were not being fully captured as a basic 3 star establishment; for example they do not have any connecting rooms, they do not have any mini-fridge within each rooms, there do not segregate between non-smoking and smoking patrons, they do not have any personnel that attentive enough for handicapped patrons.

Perhaps comparing them to Vistana or Best-Western might be a huge comparison to cater to, and would not be fair at all. Perhaps if I were to exactly compare apple to apple, it would be best to compare Fuller with Sentral Kuantan, where at similar range of RM90 per standard room per night, Sentral Kuantan has all the traits that I have mentioned above, where Fuller doesn't had.

However, the rooms, both Standard and Family have decent interior and in good condition without any smelly pillow or blankets. The toilets are clean but not super clean, mind you that when it comes to hotels I'd be more articulate on the quality of its cleanliness. Given that fact, I have predictions that the management would be facing a maintenance nightmare in near future should they just ignore on the quality of cleaning.

I'm a bit frustrated when it comes to treatment to handicapped. Fuller's personnel were not attentive enough, whereby I have a bit difficulties in manouvering my wheel-chaired grandmother as the handicapped parking were already taken. Perhaps it would be best for the main frontage of the hotel to be left vacant instead of allowing it for a handicapped parking since the hotel doesn't have any proper drop off. It that sense, any handicapped patrons would be able to use the space for drop off. It would be such daunting task, should our arrival that day were being accompany with Malaysian rainstorm, as we have to load off the wheel chair right within the circulation road.

Would I stay at the hotel, again? I would rather not, should the next visit is together with my family. I MIGHT give it a second thought, should the other hotel in Alor Star were fully booked, but I would dearly hope not. It's not that, Fuller is THAT bad, but it doesn't have anything else to brag about, no 'love-at the first sight' kind of thing, nothing to shout-out about, you know "hey, I've been to Fuller and it's awesome" kind of shout. If you were to stay there, you would do it quietly. Location-wise, it's not directly at the main road, and it's quite 'tricky' to get on the actual road that lead you to the hotel, as there are a few one-way roads around in Alor Star,

Therefore, Mr Fuller, sorry, you ain't getting any full-mark from me!

Room Tip: Nothing specifically spectacular about the view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
hotel m, Manager at Fuller Hotel Alor Setar, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Medzz,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and findings of the Fuller hotel Alor Star.

You are right to point out that we are a new hotel ( 14 months) and we, like many hotels are in the process of continuously accessing what the market needs are since our aim is to provide comfortable, practical and affordable accommodation. In view of that, feedback such as yours is much welcomed

For your info, Connecting rooms are available ( 3 sets) and 3 family rooms are also in our inventory, we have also designated rooms for non smokers which is marked on the room numbers next to the doors. We will however look into your suggestions of having more than one car park for the handicapped and service alertness training for all our employees to increase their guest centric levels.

Once again we thank you for your feedback. Rest assured, we will continue to improve on as much areas as possible in aim of being the choice hotel here in Alor Star Kedah.

Happy New Year to you .

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I love the bed, it's not so soft, not so hard to my liking. I took the superior room and it's big enough for the two of us. Love the fact that there's a hairdryer in the room. Wifi was quite fast in the hotel room. Strong water pressure in the room, with hot shower available. Love it! Basement parking was lighted well. We felt secure. Nice interior design. Kudos!

The downside: We got stained towels. The TV channels were fuzzy. Both could have been improved to provide a full satisfaction experience. There's a bar beside the hotel, so there was a bit of noise at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the bar next to the hotel. Quieter at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel m, General Manager at Fuller Hotel Alor Setar, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear AMIRSN,

Thank you for taking the time to key in your observations. We regret to learnt that the towels in your room was stained.We will be changing into brand new towels come January when the fresh stocks reaches us from our suppliers.

Your comments on the hazy TV transmission is noted. This could have been easily resolved by alerting front desk who would then coordinate with our technical crew to rectify. This is a common challenge faced in our hotel as most customers are under the impression that they could tune the channels to connect with Thailand transmission since we are situated near to the Malaysian- Thai Border. This tuning is not possible as all our channels and TV's are connected to a decoder.

Nevertheless, we thank you once again for your feedback and we assure you that we will continue to strive to always ensure an excellent product coupled with superior guest service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fuller Hotel Alor Star.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

In total contrast to whatever the previous reviewer just said, I find this hotel, really worth the money.

We booked two standard rooms for RM99 each, given that all the other rooms were "fully booked" or not really to our needs. Upon checking in, which was A-OK, I noticed the corridor smelt of smoke. But the room was surprisingly clean, modern and relatively spacious. Maintenance staff was relatively prompt when I called them up telling them there were no towels and toiletries in the other room. Showering was a bit of a challenge given that there were no indications which side turns on the heater (but we figured out after a while). Bathroom slippers would be much appreciated, given that tiles in the bathroom could be a bit slippery (not much of a problem to us). The hotel's towels are...disgusting (we never use hotel towels because of this). In-room Wifi is SUPER FAST!

Overall, very satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank albernardo_kung
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was attracted by this hotel's standard room charges which is rm95 nett per night. However, when I reached, they only left a superior room which charged me rm138 nett. the whole environment looks like quite nice at 1st. But when v enter our room, the smoke smell quite strong. Besides, there still got some 'dirty mark' on our bed. The towels provided also got some 'black spot' or dirty mark on it. Overall, the cleanliness of the room is quite bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
hotel m, Manager at Fuller Hotel Alor Setar, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Julianbrooke,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to learn that your room was not well aired and cleanliness not up to expectation. We would like to assure you that this is not the practice standard of our rooms and products.

Your feedback is well received and we will look at improving further our housekeeping team to avoid such unwanted experience in the near future.

For your information, non-smoking rooms are available for those sensitive to cigarette smell.Please let us know of this preference in your future bookings.

In the mean time we look forward to your future stay with us and make us your home away from home.