“Horrible”

Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pasir Gudang
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel cheats your money! They agreed to late check out at 2pm but when we checked out they had the nerve to charge us 50% more! The carpets stink too. Very old and dated hotel with archaic facilities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jasonlulu

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Went for a business trip in Pasir Gudang. As i was told this is close to place i'll be going, i chose to stay here. Reception service was fine and friendly. As soon as the elevator opened at my room's floor, i can already smell the old carpet. My key didn't work well either. Luckily, the assistance received promptly. The room was spacious, but my bed is hard and there were some stains on the carpet. Overall, this hotel has wonderful staff but the building need some kind of refurbishment. With the amount I pay to stay in this hotel, i would rather stay somewhere else; probably in Johor Bahru town though i have to face 1-hour travel to and fro Pasir Gudang everyday.

Room Tip: Not worth for travellers with low-budget
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank pearl_lynely
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I and my family stayed there for a night. We stayed in the Deluxe room. Even though the interior looks old but it was satisfactory. And the overall is ok. Staff service is very good and excellent. They are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very delicious and heartly.
I would recommand this hotel for a relaxing weekends gateways.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kamariah
Reviewed December 5, 2010

It managed to change to a better hotel after the rebranding...those who went there before 2010 would definitely not come again...but its worth a try now...better room environment...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank niqja
Reviewed July 12, 2010

It's funny how places named after an experience often turn out to offer you the opposite experience. Like Seronok (fun) travel agency was the worst travel agency my parents went with. And then there's Hotel Selesa (Comfort Hotel), which I feel should really be renamed to Hotel TAK Selesa (UNcomfortable Hotel).

The lift, corridors, and rooms are in dire need of refurbishment. Carpets are scuffed in places. Curtains in my room were discoloured. My bedsheets smelt funny.

But the staff here are friendly and helpful. I had trouble unlocking the door to my room, so I went down to get help every time that happened. A staff would then accompany me to my room, show the "trick" to open the door (even though I didn't get it) and open the door for me. And they were patient and courteous even the 3rd time round ;-)

Would I recommend this hotel? No, unless you want to stay really close to the businesses in Pasir Gudang. Otherwise, there are nicer hotels in Johor Bahru, which is about 30mins drive from here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank EeCheeFeet
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My family and I went to Pasir Gudang recently to attend a friend's wedding. I booked rooms at this hotel just because it is near to the place where the event took place. Honestly, I don't expect much when we check in to our rooms that evening (because all the reviews I read in the internet said that the hotel is horrible). However, I feel relief when neither my family or myself had experienced any miserable condition during our stay at this hotel. Our rooms were clean and neat. All the appliances/facilities in the rooms worked well. The staff were helpful and the breakfast were also quite good and have various choices. Overall, this hotel is worth staying for me.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank AllyzB
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I've stayed at the Hotel Selesa 5 times 2004 thru 2008 and have always enjoyed it! The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the hotel was improved with a renovation in 2008. It has most all of the amenaties that you would find in 3 star hotels, such as outdoor pool, restaurants, workout room, internet cafe, close to shopping mall, etc...

I would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
#2 of 10 in Masai
Swan Garden Hotel
Swan Garden Hotel
#63 of 109 in Johor Bahru

Been to Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang? Share your experiences!