“Convenient”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ardsley
Seattle, Washington
“Convenient”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My daughter and I shared a room. We found it very comfortable and clean, with a fridge. The only problem we had was that the woman behind the desk seemed very unfamiliar with the area. She was willing, however, to look up information for us.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Debora_R_25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Calistoga, California
Reviewed September 26, 2011

It is so unfortunate that I this is my second review for this Place, and it has to be a BAD review!! I stayed at this place around November last year, and I really liked it, I gave it very nice reviews! UNFORTUNALLY I came back and stayed here last week, and the experience was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!....We arrived here around 3pm. and the guy in the reception tells us with no problem how they are backed up and no rooms are available cause of it....we had just arrived from a 7 hour trip and all we wanted to do was leave the luggage on the hotel room and change clothes and stuff so that we could go out and start enjoying our stay in New York -we always chose to stay at this hotel cause even though is about 20 to 25 minute drive to Manhattan, it does have FREE PARKING, and so far there has not been bad reviews involving bed bugs or anything like that, and we did figure, since the place is far from Manhattan, there will be a lesser chance of the place being infested by bed bugs as most all hotels in Manhattan- Anyhow!...we just looked at each other tired and dissapointed, and then I went out to the car for something, and my friend told me the guy had just told him a room had actually just gotten available....so we pay, and this room was NOT actually in the same place where all the other rooms and the office were, you actually had to drive out, get on back on the road, and about half block away, there was another group of rooms, he sent us to those, and BE WARE!!!! you don't want to stay on those!!! they are just now being renovated, the room were we stayed last time was so much better! and it is on the same complex where the office is, so if he tells you to get on the road and stay on the other complex where the crappy rooms are, say NO!. Well, we were not aware of this, all I could remember was what a great experience I have had last time, and how much I had liked the rooms and the free parking and free breakfast, BUT as soon as we arrived to the farther complex with the crappy rooms, we were upset!!!! you didnt even have to get inside the room to see how crappy and ugly they were!! you could just see from the outside that these were less nice and way crapier!...we had to go with it, it was either take the horrible room or wait God knows how long till a room came available and we were rushy to hit Manhattan so we went with it. We check for bed bugs as we always do, and didnt find any....even though we are not the type that spends a lot of time in a hotel room, my friend did turn the TV. on while I did my make up and he noticed that channels were not working right, they would play for about 6 seconds and then go black and skip....we were SO annoyed at this point!!....the room was HORRIBLE, SUPER DARK! which made our inspection for bed bugs all that much harder!!....horrible horrible downgrade from the nice room we had stayed at last year!!....I was sooo dissapointed!! but we didnt want to waste any time arguing about the room so what ever....ALSO noticed that the refrigerator WAS NOT WORKING!!!!!! to top it all!!!....a working refrigerator was one of our main needs in this place!!!!...they made us feel like second class citizens or something, sending us first to that dungeon of a place, and then the TV. and refrigerator NOT WORKING!!!....We meant to tell the receptionist guy about the refrigerator on our way out to the city, but we forgot for being in a rush. We stayed here 3 nights, by the 2nd day we finally remembered to swing by the office to tell the guy to fix the refrigerator, so we did, and he asked if we wanted to change rooms....Of course that we wanted to change rooms!!!!! but it meant having to inspect for bed bugs all over again in a new room and putting a lot of time on that, and we didn't have much time, so we sucked it up and just told him we would stay in our horrible room, but the refrigerator HAD TO BE FIXED!...we get to the room that night at about 3 a.m. and surprise surprise, refrigerator STILL NOT WORKING!!!....we were soooo very aggravated!!! we could not believe we got such great experience and treatment the first time, and the second time everything just went wrong!!!!!!

The room service people did well, I had no complaints on them, but the people that runs this joint clearly do not care!!....I usually am very flexible, and it takes a lot for me to write a bad review about some place, I am actually positive about things and not very picky at all, but these people were just flat out horrible to us this time and it was just unacceptable!!!!! it really darkened our experience in New York!!!.

I DO NOT BELIEVE I WILL EVER STAY HERE AGAIN, SUCH PITY!!

Room Tip: Stay on the complex of rooms where the office is, if they tell you that you need to drive around the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank POLLITOS2010

Travelers are raving about these Ardsley hotels

new jersey
Reviewed September 6, 2011

As you are aware, this is a motel not a hotel, so you get what you pay for. My sister and I stayed here, Friday, 9/2/11, for the start of the Labor Day weekend after every other hotel was charging between $150 to $215. per night. We figured that we would be out and about most of the time, therefore we wouldnt be in the room much, so this place would be good. Our room had 2 double beds, was clean, and had a flat screen tv with cable. The bathroom was a little shabby, as it was JUST a toilet and a shower. No vanity, hair dryer, etc. Most importantly, the room was clean and quiet and suprisingly, there were quite a few other families staying there as well. We will definitely be staying there again!

Room Tip: Call, do not book online!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank dch1030
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is a true mess. I ATTEMPTED to stay here after a Yankee game. When my girlfriend and I arrived we were met by a rude desk attendant. We were given a room number and walked to our room. The room was dirty. There were mosquitos and other smaller bugs flying all over the place. The room smelled bad. The bathroom door did not seem to fit the hinges and swung freely leaving no privacy. The toilet ran continuously. There was not fitted sheet on the bed and the mattress was exposed. When we walked back to the office ten minutes after we arrived to complain, the office was locked and there was nobody there. We waited for about ten minutes but nobody came. Because the hotel was so bad, we decided to find another hotel and just left. The next morning we went back and complained. We were only reimbursed a portion of our payment. I have never seen nor stayed at a worse hotel. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BlueandOrange44
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed April 25, 2011

worst stay ever. dirty room, poorly maintained. put us in lower unit, pouring rain, no gutter downspouts, water pours out right in ront of window. woken at 2 am to tell us hotel may flood, moved us to upper unit, no compensation, for wading thru 6 inchews of water to move and not getting back to sleep. told usd the new room was more money, thant was our discount. manager never returned calls. worst place ever

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank blc13
Calistoga, California
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Its so weird that they don’t have any recent reviews in here. We traveled there in Early Dec. 2010….well first of all the place looks VERY NEW!! We were very surprised and pleased when we first opened the door in our room!...NICE FLAT SCREEN TV!! I have never stayed in a place like that before!! The bed was soooo comfortable!! The size of the room was perfect and everything look neat, clean and new, we were very very pleased with everything. Has refrigerator and Microwave in the room…FREE Continental breakfast every morning and the selection was very big! The only bad part about it is that they don’t have like a small cafeteria or something like that for you to eat your breakfast, we had to go back to our room with all the breakfast in our hands to eat it there –good thing our room was located right across from the office - . We chose this Motel cause we are completely Terrified by the whole Bed Bug infestation New York has. We browsed by a ton of different Hotels, Motels, Hostels and everything you can think of and they all had Bed Bugs complaints, even the Four Star Hotels had Bed Bug Complaints!!...we knew we did not want no Bed Bugs coming back to our house with us, so we opted by staying a little farther from the city, but being more safe as far as Bed Bug infestations in a Hotel Room. When we entered the room we did a detailed Bed Bug search as we always do every time we stay at a hotel, and it passed our inspection satisfactorily. Besides! FREE parking in the spot! –we also encountered trouble booking hotels with in Manhattan with an actual lot to park for free your car while you stayed- It is not horribly far from Manhattan at all, actually its location was prime for us as we were traveling all along New York City (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, etc.). Over all I do recommend this place, and if I come back to N.Y. I am definitely staying there again!!. The staff was not super friendly, but that’s ok. Also the value was very good for its location, it is located also in a very good area with lots of stores and places to eat. They also have a hourly rate which I thought was not longer offered at Motels/Hotels….very interesting place indeed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank POLLITOS2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2010

A decent motel. Not the best and definitely not the worst. Room was clean with fridge and microwave. Nice hdtv with cablevision hd service. The wireless network was weak in our room. No wired service so I was pretty much without internet service. Room need of slight remodel. The double door concept is old fashioned. Other that that, no real complaints. I would use it again.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank PKCorey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardsley
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Ardsley Acres Hotel Court? Share your experiences!