This could just be the best short getaway destination from Singapore, depending on what you are looking for. It is basically one resort split into two - backpacker and more upmarket. We stayed in the the backpacker dorms which were basic but adequate. The beach is amazing and you can do as little or as much as you want. You can paddle round the island, play on the slides, fish, swim, snorkel...or do absolutely nothing! At night the more upmarket resort pretty much shuts down as far as I could see but that's when the party starts on the backpacker side. And a good party it is too! I can't say how much the noise affects the resort next door but I do know we had an amazing weekend! I will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rawa Island Resort, an idyllic tropical island for guests to unwind from the stress and strain of modern life. Feel the grains of white, sun-baked sand between your toes as you stroll along the beach. Take a dip in the warm waters of the South China Sea. Enjoy the green scenery. Snorkel along the natural coral reef just metres from the shore. Or simply relax as you watch the sun disappear lazily over the orange horizon. Situated within the archipelago of the Sultan Iskandar Marine Park, Rawa Island is accessible by a twenty-minute boat ride from Mersing, Johor. This beachfront resort features 77 rooms, each individually designed to blend in with the natural landscape. Modern furnishings provide guests with the comforts of home. We invite you to take a break from the monotony of daily routine. Experience the island's natural beauty and our Malaysian hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rawa Island Safaris Hotel Mersing
- Rawa Island Safaris Mersing
- Rawa Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor