Visited the Island twice during the last 5 months. It's just a quick 3 hours drive away (including border crossing) from Singapore to Mersing and another 25mins on the speed boat. Beach with the 2 slides provide endless entertainment for the children. Since the beach itself is not very long, it's easy to keep an eye on your child at all times or if they're older, you can let them rohm around by themselves. Meals in the restaurant are average and may become a little boring after 3 days. Snacks, drinks and ice cream bars are available for purchase, but they're expensive. If you bring your own wine and would like to keep it refrigerated in the bar, they charge you a corkage fee.
Accommodation is good, both times we stayed at a Waterfront Sea breeze and Coral Garden bungalows. We had no trouble with the water supply or the A/C, everything was working fine. You can see wonderful fish right from your balcony and enjoy the sunset from your patio. Both times we stayed there we found that the sound of crashing waves were pretty loud at night, but truth to be told, we were there during the rainy season (end of Nov 2012 and mid Feb 2013) and experienced some great storms during our stay.
We had no particular expectations the first time we visited, so we were not disappointed, but pleasantly surprised. My kids have enjoyed themselves very much and are still wanting to return so I'm sure we'll be back again soon.
Ps: Wi-Fi available around the lobby and in the restaurant, download speed is good enough, but upload speed is very SLOW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rawa Island Resort, an idyllic tropical island for guests to unwind from the stress and strain of modern life. Feel the grains of white, sun-baked sand between your toes as you stroll along the beach. Take a dip in the warm waters of the South China Sea. Enjoy the green scenery. Snorkel along the natural coral reef just metres from the shore. Or simply relax as you watch the sun disappear lazily over the orange horizon. Situated within the archipelago of the Sultan Iskandar Marine Park, Rawa Island is accessible by a twenty-minute boat ride from Mersing, Johor. This beachfront resort features 77 rooms, each individually designed to blend in with the natural landscape. Modern furnishings provide guests with the comforts of home. We invite you to take a break from the monotony of daily routine. Experience the island's natural beauty and our Malaysian hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rawa Island Safaris Hotel Mersing
- Rawa Island Safaris Mersing
- Rawa Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor