$107
Embassy Hotel(Mersing)
$14
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $16/night.

Timotel Hotel(Mersing)
$34
Double K Riverside Hostel Mersing(Mersing)(Great Value!)
$31
TripAdvisor
MG Hotel(Mersing)
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsrawa islandbeach frontfishwater slideshillside deluxelong weekendbatu batuwhite sandcoral reeftable tennisget awayclear waterscuba divinghigh tidehill toplunch and dinnermarine life
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We went there last year and I was amazed by the beauty of the island. Im actually planning to go back next week!

Unlike most resorts around Mersing/Tioman where the sand isn't as pretty as what you see in photos, Rawa island can boast its real white sandy beach and pristine water.

The resort is a bit pricey though. It only has the basic amenities, no tv, no internet etc.. but the daily rate is similar to 4-5 star resorts around malaysia.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Alrey31
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Travelled with a group of friends and stayed one more night with my husband for our anniversary. The location is really idyllic! White sands, great sea colors, and a few meters from the shore we could already do some snorkelling. The resort in itself is so-so. On the one hand it serves nice tasting food, on the other hand you can't order ala carte and snacks in the afternoon ad kitchen is closed from 230pm until dinnertime. Also the rooms were expensive with not a lot in it. Its really basic. They dont change towels and they dont replenish the bottles of water in the room. Cause the wooden floors have some holes, the mosquitoes could come in which forfeits the door and window screens. Overall the place in itself is a nice and easy place to go to from Singapore but I wish the resort would improve. Weve stayed in Bali/Phuket for that amount of money but our rooms featured more facilities i.e. tea/coffeemaker/proper a/c/complimentary bottled water/entertainment system. They hVe the advantage of being on a really chill place thats why people will come and visit but thats about it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Arimar_0730
Reviewed July 17, 2012

With a friend we went for a weekend trip to Rawa Island Safaris resort. We paid about $ 460 Singapore dollars a night including buffet meals for 2 people, quite a stiff rate (about $360 USD a night) which created high expectations. The resort arranged the transfer from Singapore for us, which was super door-to-door service, and this is paid for extra. Within 3.5 hrs we were from our house to the beautiful beach of Rawa, which was pretty good. However, having been to many places in South East Asia, I consider the resort to be a bit off on the price / value range. Alcoholic drinks are priced at Singapore levels and staff tries to be engaged, but their hearts don't seem to be in it. I felt I was treated just as one of the many tourists they see every day. The rooms are OK, but at the rates we paid, I expected a clean bathroom. I don;t think the floor and toilet have ever seen bleach water. The first night we only had cold water as the system did not work. The one thing that the resort has going for it is the beach, water and close proximity to shore (and in our case to our house!). At the last day, just before we left, I wanted to take some pictures of the fish and descended the staircase the resort provides. This staircase appeared to be hugely slippery, and I slipped, bruised myself severely and, worst of all, damaged my S$ 2000 camera to an extend it can cannot be repaired and used anymore. When I went to reception to tell about the event and the need for a 'warning slippery' sign, the person behind the counter disinterestedly wrote down a few words and said he would let the management know. I have my doubts he even took it seriously. Since I fell into the water fully clothed, and I was at his desk completely soaked, he did not offer me a place to get changed and I could not get back into our room as that one had already been cleaned according to him. This left me getting changed in the smelly public toilets. So overall, I had a mediocre experience, and as it turns out, a very expensive one as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Worldtravellers777
Reviewed July 16, 2012

More 3.5 star than 4, Rawa Island Safaris Resort was all that we expected and more. A 2hr drive from Singapore with no flight to catch (and yes the Woodlands checkpoint was seamless, wonders never cease)! The check-in and ferry from Mersing was a breeze. Accomodation was clean, with the beachfront chelet's providing great views + ample space if young kids are asleep to read, enjoy a drink, etc. Great for kids (ages 3.5 & 1.5) with soft sand to play in and a relatively protected beach. Food was good with a decent buffet selection. Kayaking was superb (3km circular around the island), snorkelling good (the further out and away from the main beach the better). No diving this time around so cannot speak for this. Fishing off the jetty kept my boy enterained no end. 4 days is about enough however (per review title). Will definitely return on a recurring basis.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank philbybilby32
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First time here in July, my girlfriend and i fell in love with this beautiful island and the resort. Facilities were good and the buffet spread was great! The pasta were nice and we had that for every meal. BBQ dinner was awesome! The activities was fun too, kayak, snorkelling with many fishes and the water slides. To me The price paid was worth it.

There was this well endowed malay waitress in her 30s, who showed atitude towards me and my girlfriend. It was during the BBQ dinner on saturday and we wanted to sit in a brightly lighted table and she said " Cannot, this is for large groups, we have 140 guest today!". Then we chosen another table she said that again. The tables had no reservation sign on it. Absolutely not courteous and polite, her facial expression was stern and fierce. However when she faces the westerners, she would bring on a smile and make small talks with them. OUTRAGEOUS!
After this incident there was more to come, she came to our table and without asking if we want our plates to be cleared, she just took them away, clearing the utensils loudly, trying to show some attitude towards us. She even uttered this sentence to my girlfriend who understands Malay," You Malaysians don't try to show action here". Absolutely racist attitude! She is just looking down on her own people. Every waiter and waitress were polite and courteous to us except her.

So to all Asian travellers, trust me you will feel such treatment from this lady. So Beware!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple