$52
$35
$118
$107
Double K Riverside Hostel Mersing(Mersing)(Great Value!)
$16
TripAdvisor
Embassy Hotel(Mersing)
Orbitz.com
Mersing Hotel(Mersing)
All reviewsrawa islandbeach frontfishwater slideshillside deluxelong weekendbatu batuwhite sandcoral reeftable tennisget awayclear waterscuba divinghigh tidehill toplunch and dinnermarine life
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First time here in July, my girlfriend and i fell in love with this beautiful island and the resort. Facilities were good and the buffet spread was great! The pasta were nice and we had that for every meal. BBQ dinner was awesome! The activities was fun too, kayak, snorkelling with many fishes and the water slides. To me The price paid was worth it.

There was this well endowed malay waitress in her 30s, who showed atitude towards me and my girlfriend. It was during the BBQ dinner on saturday and we wanted to sit in a brightly lighted table and she said " Cannot, this is for large groups, we have 140 guest today!". Then we chosen another table she said that again. The tables had no reservation sign on it. Absolutely not courteous and polite, her facial expression was stern and fierce. However when she faces the westerners, she would bring on a smile and make small talks with them. OUTRAGEOUS!
After this incident there was more to come, she came to our table and without asking if we want our plates to be cleared, she just took them away, clearing the utensils loudly, trying to show some attitude towards us. She even uttered this sentence to my girlfriend who understands Malay," You Malaysians don't try to show action here". Absolutely racist attitude! She is just looking down on her own people. Every waiter and waitress were polite and courteous to us except her.

So to all Asian travellers, trust me you will feel such treatment from this lady. So Beware!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank DenniSlim
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there twice within the last 10 years.

What's not so great: the price and for the average standard rooms you r paying for, perhaps could be better.

Wonderful features: snorkeling on the beach cos the water is pretty clear and lotsa fish, corals, giant clams etc. Food is very good and the sand is soft n white. Just 30 mins or so from mainland.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Docjoes
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This island have been by far my best experience . Beautiful waters, d only setback is dead corals or it will be a much more beautiful earth's work of art.

The rooms are not as fabulous as u will expect. i have a room with a great musky smell but there are rooms dat looked new and good, but heads up! no tv. There is a lounge area where u can watch tv for free and read magazines they have provided. There are many tings u can do, kayaking, and non motoriZed watersports. I used my days snorkelling and just lay down on d sand. The waterslide may seemed decieving, it will give u a good aderaline rush ! The fishes by d shore line are pretty and u can just bring goggles and be in d waters and feed d pretty fishes.

The food are good, served in buffet style. :) only there are a couple of staffs der who i shall say improve their customer
Svc. Quite rude, seemed neglectful of our request and it kind of spoil our day . :(

Over all its a beautiful MUST visit stay. 45 mins from mersing jetty and der u have. A GEM.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Musliha
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Gorgeous, all-inclusive island. Great to relax. Good snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, etc. Good food. Good Saturday night BBQ (grilled fish, squid, mutton, satay, etc. Beautiful beach. Just a fun place. 2 hour drive from Singapore (The Woodlands to Mersing). 20 minute fast boat ride. Easy vacation.

Room Tip: Rawa has small rooms, family, great houses by the water, etc. Check their website.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Ramon G
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Just spent 10 lovely days on Rawa Island. 4 nights in an Ocean Wing villa (the smallest one) and 6 nights in Frangipanni Villa (thanks to the management who upgraded us for better comfort, peace and quiet). The staff did all they could to make us feel welcome. The resort is pretty laid back and not too posh and polished, thank heaven. I agree that the place is even a bit worn and somewhat tatty at places, but I do not agree that it is dirty and mouldy as previous comments imply. The Ocean Wing house has a comfy size, had a large queen bed made up with crisp and clean linen. Being a beach resort, a few extra towels could be provided, you use them quite a lot during the day, and our Ocean Wing house didn't have a clothes line to hang them out to dry. Also the house had a large balcony, but for us people from northern Europe, sadly facing directly towards the naked sun and we had to go indoors or sit outside the front door to get shade from the midday sun. A parasol would have been a real treat. Also cushions for the somewhat beaten up sun loungers would have been nice. The other Ocean Wing houses had a balcony/porch going round the house, allowing to move to the shade no matter the time of day.
But hey, no complaints. The house is on stilts over the coral reef, and the view is spectacular. Also the sound of the waves under the house at night. Note to management: please put a closet in the room. A small dresser and a shelf with a clothes rod and 3 hangers is NOT sufficient for 2 people's worth of clothes to last 10 days.
The bathroom is - oh allright, it's not the nicest bathroom I've experienced by far, nor is it the worst. But again, note to management: please put up a shelf to put things on. There is no room on the sink, and the soap dispenser poured its content out on the sink non-stop, soaking everything, so we couldnt use that.
We were offered the upgrade to the lovely Sandy Bay and Frangipanni Villas, which we accepted wit thanks. I recommend these immensely. Especially top floor. The balcony is not as big as those on the Ocean Wing houses, there is only 2-3 plastic chairs to sit on and it seems a bit crappy, considering the likely pricetag on these rooms. We shan't complain, we were upgraded free of charge. But a sun lounger or a hammock would be great. The beach at Sandy Bay is a bit rocky, but I understand that this changes with the currents of the season. Sandy Bay was quied, we had the beach to ourselves most of the time. Oh and don't be alarmed by the sharks, they are smallish and shy. The corals are not in a good shape, dunno if they are on the rise or in decline. But we saw a lot of Nemos, sea urchins, rays and other coral fish I can't name. Sometimes the water is quite clear, sometimes it's full of tiny jellyfish that stings a bit but are harmless except from the annoying needles and pins on sensitive skin when swimming.
The restaurant buffet is rather plain but nice enough. Staying for 10 days which is longer than most stay, we did have some repetitions on the menu, but it didn't matter. The saturday night barbecue was fabulous. Yumm!
The internet connection, free contrary to what they say on their website, was unstable at best or down at worst. Dear management, a faster connection allowing more people to be online would be really great. We all wanna download our beautiful holiday images to facebook and youtube!
Do know that taps and showers run with salty water. I'm glad I brought some really good conditioner for my hair.
Let me point out that none of the drawbacks mentioned will deter us from visiting again, next time we're in Singapore.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple