We've just had our second trip to Sea Gypsy (we're a family of 5 with the kids aged 5, 3 & 1). The resort is small and basic but has everything that you actually need so long as you are not after TV, airconditioning, internet access, swimming pool, etc. The beach is all white sand and no rocks or stones. The kids spent all day on the beach digging, building sandcastles, jumping in the waves. There is good snorkelling at the end of the beach or you can go on an organised trip to another island. There is a great kids playground. The staff are really friendly and helpful. There is a kids club for 4+ and daily diving and snorkelling trips. The younger kids are encouraged to eat dinner, together cementing friendships they've made during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easy access form Singapore or Johor Bahru Airport with our own non stop direct airport transfers. Complete relaxation on an undeveloped island within a Marine Park. Delicious food, fully stocked bar which never closes for drinkers, amazingly beautiful safe almost private beach. Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Excursions, Nasty Activities, Sailing, Paddle Skiing, Boogie Boarding, Games, Beach Volleyball, and freshly baked Scones every afternoon! Special rates for kids up to 17 years of age. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort And Dive Base
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Hotel Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Mersing, Malaysia - Johor