My husband and I had the privilege of spending our 15th wedding anniversary at Sibu Island Resort with our two children aged 14 and 10. I have to say that we were treated like royalty from when we arrived at Tanjung Leman. After a short ferry ride we arrived at the resort to be greeted by a long line of staff with fruit juice and cold towels. It turns out we were the only "actual" guests for the weekend, so we were waited on hand and foot! Shortly after arriving at our very tastefully decorated suite, there was a knock on the door and the assistant manager, Razif brought in an ice-cold bottle of champagne and coldrinks for the children to celebrate our anniversary - what a lovely start to our stay! The sports and recreation staff treated us to a little bit of everything - archery, flying fox, abseiling. My husband and I also had the pleasure of visiting the spa for a massage - well worth it! One of the young recreation staff, Zainol, was constantly on hand offering to take the children off our hands for a bit - eventually convincing them to go on a lovely long walk to beach no. 4 - definitely worth seeing! The food was good and we were treated to the most wonderful barbecue buffet on the Saturday evening, which just happened to be Valentine's day. Our children also had the chance to plant a coconut tree with the help of Ihsan Syahid and Sham Sudin - a big fuss was made and photos were taken and we have since received a card and photo in the mail from the sort. What makes this resort even more special is the deer, goats and peacocks just wandering around - the children had the time of their lives feeding the deer everyday. I would recommend this resort to everyone. I can't wait to have the opportunity to return! Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so special and something we will never forget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibu Island Resort is Johor’s idyllic island gateway. It is located off the east coast of Mersing, a town in the state of Johor, Malaysia, on the South China Sea. The island presents 3 sandy private beaches and 7 separate small islands.Sibu Island Resort is considerably close to Singapore, since it is only one and a half hours’ drive away from Johor Bahru to reach the Tanjung Leman jetty. From there, the journey to the island is only 30 minutes via a comfortable ferry.Sibu Island Resort is the perfect island resort for relaxing, adventure and corporate teambuilding. It has completed a make-over involving the refurbishment of its 121 deluxe timber chalets surrounded by lush greenery and equipped with well-appointed amenities. Featuring wooden flooring and furnishings, air-conditioned rooms all come with a cable TV and minibar. Some rooms have a balcony. Each bathroom is equipped with shower facilities. Free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool and a tennis court are available. There is also a spa and water sports activities.There are no lacks of activities at the resort. Guests can take part in an obstacle course, trek across jungles or go fishing along the coast. Snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking are available at the beach.The open-air Lumba Lumba All Day Dining Restaurant offers international buffet spreads, as well as specially packed picnic baskets. Drinks can be enjoyed at Tenggiri Pool Bar and Suji Lounge.Merak Spa offers all the elements of an out-of-this-world spa experience – calm and relaxing surroundings, serenity of its ambiance, and unparalleled world – class treatments that is set to honor you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sibu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibu Island Hotel Mersing
- Sibu Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor