I took some old folks to visit the island on Sunday morning, after almost a 2hrs drive to Tanjong Leman Jetty, i parked the car their and was told that there's 24hrs security guards patrolling the carpark but they still don't any take responsibility if there's any damage of theft on your vehicle. I still parked my vehicle there and make sure that's it's secured and locked.
The resort has got their own counter at the Jetty and so we'd to register our group and were given a boarding pass. Their specially owned ferry will leaves at 1100hrs and only take guests that's booked for their resort. The sea was calm and we've had a smooth ride to the resort. Upon arrival to the resort, i noticed lots of long tailed Jelly fish swimming around as the water was so clear, you could see them very clearly. I came to understand that it's the jelly Fish season right now for the next couple of months. So looks like it's not really a good idea to go for a swimming at the beach but according to them they only appears in the morning till day break.
We were welcome by some nice welcoming drinks and singing group. We'd to change our booked 2 rooms into a 2 bedroom Layang suites and paid an additional RM200, totaling RM1000 spent for the suites. We took it as the other rooms have a lot of stairs with no hand railing to hang on to and it's not safe for old folks to climb the steep steps.
The Layang suites is beautiful but the living room is small thou, not much defects with everything working fine except for the TV where there's not much channels you can watch.
The restaurant is nice but a LOT of FLIES, friendly staffs trying their best to serve grumpy old folks when some flies drowned in their soups or drinks. Food is average, nothing fancy but you'll have to eat and chase flies away at the same time. Food is expensive, for a paxs of 5, we spent almost RM200 on ala-carte.
We stroll along Beach number 2, nice small beach with lot's of rocks and broken shells, we didn't see any Jelly Fish there thou but they dare not take the risks of dipping into the sea. So they'd decided to dip into the swimming pool instead...which is much safer of course.
The resort is superb for youngsters as there will be a lot of activities planned for them. So i think the young will not be bored there. There's a lot of deers, peacocks roaming around and doesn't shy away from humans unless they see empty hands. In the evening, there's music group singing at the restaurant...which i think is nice. There's a karaoke lounge that doesn't play your request number.
We checked out on Monday, at the jetty the music group will sing some nice goodbye songs, almost all the hotel staffs will send you off at the Jetty. I've to admit that i didn't enjoy much because i'm with some old folks but it's a nice short getaway experience for me. I think it'll be fun if to visit this place with adventurous and active friends or youngsters, they'll have a lot of activities there and they'll have a lot of funs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibu Island Resort is Johor’s idyllic island gateway. It is located off the east coast of Mersing, a town in the state of Johor, Malaysia, on the South China Sea. The island presents 3 sandy private beaches and 7 separate small islands.Sibu Island Resort is considerably close to Singapore, since it is only one and a half hours’ drive away from Johor Bahru to reach the Tanjung Leman jetty. From there, the journey to the island is only 30 minutes via a comfortable ferry.Sibu Island Resort is the perfect island resort for relaxing, adventure and corporate teambuilding. It has completed a make-over involving the refurbishment of its 121 deluxe timber chalets surrounded by lush greenery and equipped with well-appointed amenities. Featuring wooden flooring and furnishings, air-conditioned rooms all come with a cable TV and minibar. Some rooms have a balcony. Each bathroom is equipped with shower facilities. Free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool and a tennis court are available. There is also a spa and water sports activities.There are no lacks of activities at the resort. Guests can take part in an obstacle course, trek across jungles or go fishing along the coast. Snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking are available at the beach.The open-air Lumba Lumba All Day Dining Restaurant offers international buffet spreads, as well as specially packed picnic baskets. Drinks can be enjoyed at Tenggiri Pool Bar and Suji Lounge.Merak Spa offers all the elements of an out-of-this-world spa experience – calm and relaxing surroundings, serenity of its ambiance, and unparalleled world – class treatments that is set to honor you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sibu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibu Island Hotel Mersing
- Sibu Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor