Sibu Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rimba Resort(Pulau Sibu)
  • Beachfront
TAd Marine Resort(Pulau Tinggi)
D'Coconut Resort(Pulau Besar)
Alang's Rawa(Mersing)
Mersing Hotel(Mersing)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 25, 2013

stayed here in november and though it is during the moonson season, it is still ok to visit and do some activities here on the island. theres positive and negative side of this resorts, lets starts with positive : nice resorts (though the rooms are quite badly maintain) despite that overall the resort has nice view, with a mini zoo ( which kids would love it) and the boat transfer was a mini ferry instead of a small speedboat.
negative : customer service is quite bad. i had to request many times for a simple yet very important item to be delivered to the room and had to call more than 4 times to keep reminding them and after a frustration period of 45 minutes, finally the item arrived. room were badly maintained though it is called a 'suite'. i paid RM2000 for 2 nights and i regret to say it is not worth it at all.
the seaview suite is right at the back portion of the island and it is isolated plus u have to walk and climb up the hill without having offered a buggy service by the resort. the suites which is located at the back of the island is far away from the lobby and theres isnt any security measurement and anyone could actually trespass the resort from the back area and incase of any emergency the front office wouldnt know as there is not even a security personnal assigned to guard around the island. for me security is very important as i travel with 4 young children.

overall i didnt quite like this place and if u are travelling with young kids dont think or plan of coming here during weekend or public holidays as the resort can get very pack and stuffy..
the bathroom full with fungus and bad smell.
for the price we paid, im certainly would say its way to much for such a resort. ive been to other resorts in most of the island in malaysia and i would say this resorts is quite badly managed,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank timetravellerz
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We planned to spend a nice diving weekend in this resort. Arriving in our little bungalow we recognised already that the bathroom has obviously been cleaned only superficially for weeks. We asked three times for the houskeeping. But all what they did, was changing the towels and sweeping up the sand. Same with the rooms. Sheets were clean, but having a look under the beds was quite disgusting.

Visability for diving was bad, therefore we decided to focus on the attractions that are offed by the resort and to relax a bit at the pool. Tennis is charged, which is in general ok, however I would have expected then that the court, rackets and balls are in a good condition which was not the case. The net was fixed wit a brush on the one side and (as far as I remember) with a bucket on the other side.
We signed for archery. As too many people showed up we were told that each of us is only allowed to shoot 5 arrows. After 5 min session was over.
To go on a banana boat trip was not possible, as the boat was "out of order".
However, the pool and beach area were clean and quiet. So we stayed there most of the time.

Food was ok, but service staff was very lazy. At dinner we recognised that they were discussing who of them has to go to collect the empty plates. We recognised that our coffee cups from the afternoon were still on the tables when we went for dinner.
We were charged for everything. Even when we asked for a cooler for our ice the staff wanted us to pay a rental fee.

In general I would say, that the location itself is really fantastic.The beaches are great and also the bungalows are build to fit nicely into the nature. The management of the facilities and staff must be totally crap. It is really dissappointing to see what they made out of this resort, that could be so nice.
Even the low-season-rate does not justify the cleanness, very loud aircon, equipment and possibility of "attractions".

Luckily we had us - making the best out of it and having fun.
We live in Singapore and hoped to find a nice location for more getaway options in the future. But we will definitely not choose Sibu Island Resort again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank weltreise79
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I was skeptical about heading to this resort after reading reviews back to back (not good ones) but I've been here before 11 yrs back and i loved it and I was curious to see if there are any changes made.
Went there with a heavy heart and thank god, i wasnt disappointed. We had the deluxe room and it didnt failed us. There were singers who welcomed us and instantly it cheers me up. We were also given a map of the resort.
Though the food was slightly expensive (we understand why) but it was delicious. Please try the tom yam! I had it twice for dinner during my stay .
There were loads of activities to do. Pool, table tennis, archery, flying fox , snorkelling. Etc etc. Snorkellig was upsetting cuz we went on a rainy season so water was kind of milky and choppy.
There is a small shop which sells many tings too. U may wanna buy from tanjong leman as its slitely cheaper.
I hope this helps. :)
And to feedback on the ferry to and fro. We hope in the future, please do nt overload passengers. We had to stand 30 mins and its unpleasent. And dangerous too. Tank u!

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank Musliha
Reviewed January 6, 2013

1) When the time I make booking – Sales and Marketing Poor services on Duty and Sales responsibility.

Thanks for the mail.
I would like to check with you about the price for the package 3D2N, I read from the website your got " December Promotion " booking is from 29th Nov 2012 - 31st Dec 2012 but why you still billing me for the RM560 ?
Note: I called direct to their Sales Office to make the booking on 30th November 2012.

Sorry for the hassle. Actually, the promotion comes out after you book your package. But nevertheless, you can still change the package to ‘December Promo’ as we still honor the changes. I will get help from Reservation Dept to change it and email the revised one to you for your next action.

2) Shutter Services Arrangement – Give Wrong timing and No responsibility after Sales.

Ms. Aisha doesn’t know her job & irresponsible when things went wrong.
She reminded us to at Puteri Pacific Hotel lobby between 6:15 to 6:30 am, when pick up is at 6:45am as printed on Shutter Services Arrangement. We took taxi arrived hotel at 6:20am , No show of driver at 6:45am, we ask the Hotel staff to help us call Ms. Aisha of Sibu Island but she say wrong person and wrong no we called, Hotel staff reconfirmed it’s right !
We are no others choice we decided to request hotel staff help us to call direct to the Shutter Service person in-charge Mr. Nordin he answer up the pick-up time is 8:00am (pick-up time is 8:00am not 6:45am) and he ask us wait till 8:00am and give us the drive mobile contact no. Just in case we not able to look for the driver.

3) The amenities in the room;
1. Staircase steps was corrupted before enter to the room not well maintenance.(dangerous especially during raining day) during my staying days it was raining day.
2. Two Single bed join together and cover by 1 bed sheet become double bed, we called to Reception counter request to change other room, they call us back and say sorry for no others room available, but they can ask room services come to separate it to two single bed for us.
3. There was shoes mark on bed sheet, and the Towel with yellow dirty mark.
4. The lighting inside the room is not all function.
5. The room floor was dusty at the corner, under the chair and bed, and when I move the chair I saw a big piece broken glass on the floor..

4) The Lumba-Lumba Restaurant serve Breakfast lunch and dinners

The buffet breakfast, Lunch and dinner are below standard, I want to highlights here... all foods serve in cold not hot enough!!!
I want to emphasize: I really can not stand flies everywhere in the restaurant. And what is happening to us, during we have lunch, flies accidents dropped to my cousin's plate, and I went to get a salad vegetable, I saw a dead fly the inside the cucumber slices disk. This is really felt uncomfortable and unsanitary.

I was wonder why the Management never ever takes any action and said a single word!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dolphinjac
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Poor food, lazy service and dirty rooms. The location is picturesque: wonderful beaches, use of sea kayaks and great views. The 'resort' is poorly maintained - rotten stairs to cabin, moudly bathroom, smelly rooms, dirty common toilets. Ok but not great. You can do better if you book ahead

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family