“Good value for money and nice place”
Review of Embassy Hotel

Embassy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Mersing
Paris, France
“Good value for money and nice place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I had only one night to spend in Mersing, before heading towards Tioman, and we choosed this place following the recommendations of our guides.

Perfect value for money, large and comfortable bed, correct bathroom, and closeby the city centre & the bus station. However, 10 minutes to reach the jetty by foot, but not difficult at all or you can book a cab from the hotel if you want it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
london
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is in a good central location in town, close to the bus station and ferry - both 5 or 10 mins walk. Taxis available for flat rate of 10 ringits. We were given a room on 3rd floor of old block (60R per night) which looked clean but a bit small but no lift so I asked to change rooms as we were carrying heavy dive bags. Got changed to the new wing, 1st floor for 90R (room 104), this was much easier access, larger room with twin beds and air con, very clean. The bathroom was modern with a very good hot water shower and also very clean. TV and tea/coffee facilities. No breakfast but facilities close by. Very good aircon. The reception were very helpful regarding booking ferry and onward bus travel.

Room Tip: The new block were better than the old but a little more expensive.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am generally not the sort of person to complain and understand that, when travelling, you take the good with the bad, but my experience, or lack thereof, with the Embassy hotel in Mersing caused me to write this review.

Having read the good reviews about this hotel last weekend I called a week ahead and made a reservation for the following Friday night. I knew that Mersing was busy on Friday with people heading to Tioman for the weekend (as I was myself).

I arrived at the Embassy hotel at about 9.45 p.m. looking forward to resting in the room I’d booked but when I arrived and advised that I had made a reservation the person in charge told me that there was no reservation under my name. I was told “there are many Hotel Embassy’s in Malaysia, maybe you booked the wrong one”. I then showed the person in charge my notebook along with the phone number I had called to make the booking, he accepted the it was the correct number and then said “Malays don’t speak good English, maybe this is why we don’t have your booking.” When I booked it was clear that there was no misunderstanding, I had spelled my name out and made the date of the reservation very clear.

I was also informed that the hotel was full because someone had booked 10 rooms. I can only guess that my booking was “lost” to accommodate the larger group. The person in charge made no effort to help me find alternative accommodation and the only available room at that time on a Friday evening was less than average.

Beware when booking this hotel. Record the name of the person you speak to, triple check that they have recorded your booking correctly and call again the day before to confirm. You don’t want to end up in the only other alternatives on a busy Friday night.

Shane

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank shanegrosser
Montpellier, France
Reviewed June 19, 2013

For 55 Ringgit you will appreciate a clean and spacious room and bathroom (hot shower, good pressure, towels), cozy bed, AC, tv, and wifi. No breakfast but it's easy to find somewhere else.
Anyway the perfect place before or after rustic and dirty bungalows of Tioman Island.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a stop over en route to Tioman. I was surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms, especially the en suite. To access out room, we had to leave the main reception and go up a flight if stairs that wasn't locked (however there was security on overnight). We only stayed one night but would stay here again if we were ever back. There is also a little cafe downstairs which serves cheap beer!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank VesperLynd007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stay en route to Sibu Island. As there were 4 of us, I insisted for the room with 2 double beds. The only room with this arrangemnt is at the old wing. Located at 3rd floor. No elevator. Room was clean. Aircond was not cold but since we arrived about midnight I didnt bother to go downstairs to the reception at ground floor to request for a room change. The place is quiet.
What would I have done different ? Request for a room at the new wing
Will I visit this place again ? Yes. For a stop over - clean, safe & super value for money

Room Tip: Request for rooms at new wing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kortrijk, Belgium
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've stayed here twice, once on our way to Pulau Tioman, once on our way back. The hotel does the job. Nothing special or fancy but clean, big rooms close to bus terminal and ferry. Everything you want for a cheap night before/after going to Pulau Tioman.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thibaut T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mersing
Mersing Hotel
Muara Inn Hotel
Muara Inn Hotel
#6 of 14 in Mersing
Felda Residence Tanjung Leman

Been to Embassy Hotel? Share your experiences!