“No good buffet in JB”

Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: International
Description: This all-day dining restaurant's casual and creative menu serves up international cuisine with a local touch, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Johor Bahru. Our live cooking stations provide guests with a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant is now open for a la carte dine-in for fully vaccinated guests. All set up will adhere to hygiene SOPs and social distancing as outlined by the local authorities. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Despite some review stated that this is one of the best hotel buffet, the variety of food is bad, Low quality buffet food with high price tag, BBQ item is sub par, cheap ingredients, repetitive dishes.

Good for hotel guest that attend seminar or workshop kinda quality.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank ScorchedSun
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear Sunshinefood,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback and we have fallen short this time of meeting your expectations for which i am very depressed as we pride ourselves in providing the best of both service and food quality in the Cafe BLD.

I would like to have more details and what areas of improvements we can do to ensure we maintain our reputation as the best buffet hotel in Johor Bahru.
Please do send me more details on my e-mail, mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com.

Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel

Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Not sure what the hype is all about! Tried the buffet. Was average. A lot of choice if you count the number of dishes served, but if you really looked at what really are in the dishes, it's pretty standard. Service was not that great either, probably because it was a busy weekend. I'm not sure if we will re-visit.

In summery, not worth a special trip, but if you are staying at the hotel, it's not bad.!

Date of visit: August 2019
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Dear www1960,

Thank you for your constructive feedback in which me and the team take seriously as an added vantage point to improve our shortfall in both food offered and service rendered which has no excuse what's so ever regardless of the peek periods.

To add on, We've taken immediate steps to upgrade the buffet and added some of the Chefs signature specialties while emphasizing on more training for our service crew regardless of the busy periods we're having.

We would love to have you back in the near future and to regain your loyalty once more. Please do contact me at mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com to further discuss your experience in more details and what you would like to see on our buffet.

Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2019

My wife and I come here every year for birthdays, so we have seen a lot of changes here. This year the new executive chef, Arnold, runs a great restaurant that catered to our every need. From remembering our drinks, main course favorites to desserts, It was just incredible. We look forward to returning next year!

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank TheBusboy
chef_Mahady, Director of Food & Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Dear TheBusboy,

Thank you for your fantastic review and feedback. Yes, Chef Arnold is also very pleased that we have met if not exceeded your expectation and remembering your drinks, main course favorites to desserts.

We're looking forward to your next visit in 2020!

Take care and best regards,

Renaissance hotel Johor Bahru

Reviewed August 6, 2019

we had an amzing breakfast here with deliciouse test and complately option. and the stuff here beat friendly we really have hight reccommended to visit here.

Date of visit: August 2019

Dear john333881,

Thank you for response and positive feedback. We're truly glad that you've had an 'Amazing' breakfast experience which is something we at Renaissance emphasize on and have gone through and are still making positive changes daily to meet if not exceed all our guest expectations and for those from far away, discover 'something wonderfully new'.

Looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

Take care and best regards,

Renaissance hotel Johor Bahru

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Stayed a week and had breakfast everyday. One morning I was showed to a table and hence placed my bag on the seat to go and get my food. When I return, I was told to move by some other guests and the same waitress that showed me the table, just stood there and watched. Didn't want to cause a scene, so I moved. However, this is really unacceptable service in a 5 or 4-star hotel. Service staff are pleasant enough but not very professional. Also, there was a hair in the cheese bowl at the omelette station, and when I pointed it out, instead of changing the bowl, the waitress simply took out the hair in front of me and left the bowl right there!!! Shocking.

Overall the food is just acceptable.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank ID196507
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear ID196507,

Firstly, please accept my sincere deepest apologies for the incident you have experienced as it's not our standards at all and for this, we are truly sorry and please ensure that we are focusing on more training and without any excuses to ensure we meet the required standards and meet if not exceed our guests expectations.

Please let us know when you're planning to come back to Johor Bahru for us to meet up and re-gain your loyalty and confidence with us. I can be also contacted on the e-mail below if you would like to share with me any further details and observations.

Best regards