“Good for stop-over in JB; rooms cater for 3-4”
Review of Naza Johor Bahru

Naza Johor Bahru
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Johor Bahru
Naza Johor Bahru
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Overall acceptable in terms of value, cleanliness, food, service etc, so a good stop-over in JB. Central location. Our rooms had a great design for extra beds - a long sleeper/couch along the window which we used for an extra adult but can be used for two children.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KarinL65
There are newer reviews for Naza Johor Bahru

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel is actually OK for short stay. Location is good for those who travel to Singapore. 5 mins to JB CIQ. But away from foodstalls.
Swimming pool is clean. My family enjoyed it.
Staffs were friendly and courteous but they need to have more KNOWLEDGE about the packages that the hotel is offering. I asked about Universal Studio Singapore package that the hotel provide, whether the transport included from Kotaraya Terminal is direct to Resort World or is it the same TS8 Resort World Bus that will stopover at certain pick up point. And SHE SAID it is DIRECT bus from Kotaraya STRAIGHT to Resort World. And that is actually the reason why I consider to buy the package and also because the other hotel was fully booked.
Guess what, when we board the bus, I noticed that IT IS actually the same TS8 Resort World bus operated by the same agent. And it is NOT DIRECT to Resort World Sentosa. SO, the NINE of us had to go through all the hassles stopping over at various station and worse part, the bus was not waiting for us at Woodlands after immigration clearance so we have to wait for another bus that came an hour later. AND THE BUS WAS FULL. My sister had to stand through out the journey. We wasted our time with all the hassles because the Naza Hotel staff was not equipped with knowledge about the packages they provide.

Housekeeping, failed. Enough said. No bathroom mat, sticky floor, smelly pillows. Worse part, housekeeping line was engaged all the time.

Besides good food, (mostly Malaysian style) and good price, the one thing that I appreciate about this hotel is that the security who let us park our MPV at the VIP spot infront of the lobby and reserved the spot for us. The parking spots are very limited. We were very pleased about that matter and I can consider it made our stay a little better.

But, I'm not sure to return to this hotel again for my next trip to JB or Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel has pool for kids and that's the reason why I chose the hotel at the first place. The price also is very reasonable. Our check in went smoothly and the receptionist was friendly with great smile. The king bed was comfortable and my family could sleep nicely. The room is spacious and quite clean. Just that the toilet is a bit small and the shower glass sliding door was missing.
The breakfast was great. I love the food esp. the otak-otak. It's extra tasty. But maybe for western, they don't like the food because most of them are Malaysian cuisine but for me, I really love it.
For the price I paid, I think it's more than worth it and for sure I would return to the hotel again

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ShaJohor
Reviewed October 25, 2011

They have very limited covered carparks. So be prepared to park outside along the road.

I booked online and made a request for a king/queen size bed. Upon check in, my request was not fulfilled. The guy manning the reception didn't even bothered to apologize or inform me about it. When I enquired, he said no more rooms. Not a very pleasant first hand impression.

Rooms were very basic even though it was recently refurbished. Kettle was rusty in both rooms!! So please check before using it.

There are no shopping complexes within walking distance so unless you are there for a sleepover, this might not be the best choice. Furthermore, getting to the hotel is quite stressful with the traffic jams and etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed one night on our way to Tioman Island.
Hotel is very basic, and claimed a cash security of Ringit 100, which we did not receive back when we checked out next morning. The hotel promised us that we could get breakfast from 6.45 am next morning butbreakfast was not ready at that time so we had to leave without it, so we can´t really recommend this hotel, and will choose another hotel if we go to Johor Bahru again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Thodin
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel really bad!! The problems i faced is from the time i checking in...the guy at the reception don't bother to look at me when i approching the counter, his face like shxt during the whole checking in process until one of the indian staff taking over....he should go for re-training on what is customer service!

The hotel seem like not well maintained, the 1st room given to me having an abnormal sound from the air con, seem like the whole aircon going to drop down. The indian staff at the counter immediately change another room to me once i reported the problem, but unfortunately the whole hotel aircon compressor broke down, the room was like a sauna room since afternoon 3pm till about 8pm then they said the aircon resumed back to normal, but there is still only cool fan instead of saying as aircon, suffer for the whole night and never get a good sleep!

Will never stay at this hotel again, the surrounding also nothing..no shop no restaurant except for the next hotel grand bluewave at next door...really regret to waste the money to stay here!!

Room Tip: The whole hotel not worth to stay!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alfred T
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Friendly staff upon our arrival. Check in was quick. Our room was comfortable with the normal amenities one would expect from a hotel of this status. Clean and pleasant overall. Good for a night's stopover.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends