“Beautiful Hotel.Too bad about the service.”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed here over the weekend with a big group to attend a wedding. We took 2 units of the 3 bedroom apartment, a 2 bedroom apartment and a suite.

My family stayed at the 2 bedroom apartment. Our unit was nice. Not exactly spotless but bearable.

Housekeeping was very protective of their towels. Refused to give us 2 extra towels! That's a first for me. When I requested for an extra blanket, they curtly said, that they don't provide one and they will only give me a bedsheet to use instead. Odd.

Breakfast buffet spread was okay. But watch out for a chinese staff named Mr. Brehme. He is an insolent person and should not be in the hospitality line at all. He was rude and shouted at my husband for not having an extra breakfast voucher. He even refused to let my domestic maid into the restaurant. We did not understand the fuss and told him to either charge it to our room or we will pay cash. But no, he was on a roll and raised his voice. He wanted my husband to sign for the payment on the spot! But we explained that we would sign it once we went in and got a table. Being a Sunday, it was crowded. Meanwhile, my 3 kids(who were all under 12years old) were already inside the restaurant and had to look for a table themselves!! I was worried as I could not see them. And my maid was standing outside and not allowed in!

Lesson: make sure you have enough breakfast vouchers!! I did not understand the fuss this staff made. We had extra breakfast vouchers in fact!

After a while the Hotel Manager, Mr. Kumar came to our aid and apologised. He was very nice about the whole thing. Kudos to Mr. Kumar for his kindness. And as for Mr. Brehme..well he dared us to call the Manager and I know he was reprimanded after that. He half-heartedly said sorry. But we knew he did not mean it.

I was going to write a favourable review but after that 5 minutes of being humiliated by the restaurant staff, I find it so difficult to do so.

Pulai Springs Resort is generally a nice place. The service staff need to be retrained and learn some manners. Not worth the supposedly 5* rating(or even 4* in fact!)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cumi
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

There are newer reviews for Pulai Springs Resort

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Nice place for short getaway. Quiet environment. Food is good.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JYing

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed July 2, 2009

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed June 28, 2009

we stayed for 12 nights and had great experience.,having never been to Malaysia we were very impressed by the friendliness of the staff. the quality of the hotel was great,4star level. we enjoyed the food in the various restaurants and the round of golf we played were great value on good quality courses.
Johor Bahru was about £5 away in a taxi and was mainly for shopping and the night market for food. at no stage did we feel un safe or where anxious about any aspect of security.
in fact after this experience i felt misled by some of the comments that i had previously read on trip advisor

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 9, 2009

me and family (2 daugters, 3years and 6 months old) went there early this month ..
my friend from johor and i honestly don't know about this place and just found out while searching for good place for quick gateway ....
based from the review here ..decided to go there ..price not that cheap ...there was a promotion for around rm600 for 2 nights for 2 bedrooms ..above average for malaysian ...

upon arriving ..room was not ready and they offered another room at higher level instead of nearby pool which at level 2 ...luckly, they upgraded us to 3 rooms instead just next to pool ..
went to the room ..very very nice!!!!! especially for family and young kids ...kitchen are was big and so do fridge ...very clean ..and the swimmping pool just outside the room ...
it's like a dream for my daughter to be able to play for hours next to us ...
overall facilities was great ..breakfast OK ...sport center also good ...

for sure ..this is the best hidden place in JB ..no other hotel i will choose in JB .....

very recommened ..