“From a fine resort to bad and now worse” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pulai Springs Resort

Ranked #12 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, null, Singapore
“From a fine resort to bad and now worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd or 4th time here... used to find this place very relaxing. My recent stay has been worse. Lift is not working, swimming pool near anugraha area is very very dirty. The pool bar I wonder what happened to that place. Everything seems so dead. Breakfast was ok only. My 2nd day breakfast i received a shock when their restaurant staff demanded me to pay for my younger son. I had booked family affair package for 2 bedroom apartment that comes with 4 breakfast for adult and maximun 2 kids (aged up to 12 yrs) free. She could tell me that there was a mistake in the online booking hence I have to pay. I told her it is your system glitch.. hence it is not my problem. So these are the things that I felt that Pulai lack of. That is customer service. Not to say resort need a big time refurbishment.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SabiraG
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to rate and review us on Tripadvisor. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit this time.

We are very sorry that the lift was not functioning during your stay with us as we were doing our routine maintenance. We also apologize that the swimming pool water was dirty while you were here. Please be assured that your comments have been brought up to our Sports & Recreations Manager.

I also apologize for the inconveniences you have faced during breakfast at our coffee house.

We hope this will not deter you from supporting us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you and your family here and this time, we assure you that it will be worth it!

Warm Regards,
Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

It is suppossed to be a 5 star resort but the service i received was totally dissapointed! The environment and the locatioan were excellent but the staff was not efficient enough to deliver the services as expected. The slow process during check out, the cashier system broke down most of the time and the repeated toilet not functioning. However the room service was excellet!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank haslinarusdi
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking some time to review and rate us on Tripadvisor.

We understand that the situation you have experienced was really unfortunate; however, to provide explanations to your points raised is not my intention. I would like to inform you that we have highlighted this issue with our training and development personnel who will aggresively handle all training from the departments concerned. Therefore, we are scheduled to carry out additional and intensive trainings on weekly basis for all the staff particularly in the housekeeping and operations department. This is to equip our staff with proper skills and knowledge in handling our customers and to ensure our other guest would not experience what you have experienced.

We are very sorry that the cashier system and toilet did not function very well during your stay with us. Please be assured that your comments have been brought up to our Maintenance Department and they will be doing regular checks to ensure that all are functioning as it is supposed to be.

It is with sincerity that I apologize for not meeting the expectations, but we are also genuinely grateful for the feedback. This has certainly helped us to improve our services to meet the expectations of our guests in the future.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Yours truly,

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

About 45 minutes' drive from Singapore - provided you dont get lost (which is not unlikely). Hotel should consider providing clearer driving directions from Singapore on their website. Beautiful setting, adequate facilities, reasonably helpful staff. Big rooms - not luxurious, but cannot complain given the price. Bed, linen, bathroom reasonably clean. Hot water and shower pressure ok.... though the WC flush needed a bit of persuasion and the shower head kept drooping. Lobby and corridor played a Clayderman song on an endless loop - annoying. TV reception disgraceful. Either get rid of the TV or provide decent reception. Free water bottles in room were appreciated, but limit to two bath towels (no floor nor face towels) not. Breakfast included - nothing to write home about. Poor cereal & fruit selection. Nasi Lemak not bad. Lousy fruit juices. Coffee & tea awful. Good hawker food 10 minutes' drive away though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank EYeo
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Pulai Springs Resort. Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedbacks as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guest’s expectations.

Based on your feedback, you have highlighted about the driving directions in our website. I apologize on this; however, I am delighted to inform you that we are doing a revamp on our official website. We will make sure that the content, maps and any other information in the website are interesting and easy for our visitors. In addition, the new webpage will be launched by early November. Please look out for it.

Regarding other facilities that you have mentioned, we take note and we will improve in the songs selection and also fix the TV reception. To provide explanations to your points raised is not my intention, only to inform you that your comments have been discussed with the relevant team responsible & actions have been taken to ensure similar examples do not occur again in the future. The food served during breakfast, especially the juices and cereal were also highlighted to our chefs and we will do all we can to make improvement.

Please bear with us as we are striving to provide the best for all our guests at the Resort. Once again, I would like to thank you for your useful comments. This will certainly help us to improve our services from time to time.

We look forward to see you here at the Resort and we assure you, it will be worth it!

Yours Truly,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Proximity to Singapore for a quick getaway, Affordable, Decent ammenities and facilities available

Cons: Location, Food

Generally, a good decent place that is value for money for a short quick getaway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review and rate us on Tripadvisor.

Through your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

the place quite far from town.. need around 20 minutes from 1 place to another place. But the surrounding so calm.. I got the suite room golf view.. I loved the view. the room big enough for 2.. the bed also big. they serve the continental breakfast.. just same to others hotel.. the swimming pool beside their bar.. the staff are nicely to us..

Room Tip: if you love to eat at night.. better you buy all food before reach there.. because its quite far for...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amoy_fender
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. I glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests providing our guests with only the best service.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Clean and comfortable room.Very nice view from the room.We stayed in a apartment based room.The place was very peace and calm.A highly recommended place for peace of mind and relaxation. Pulai Spring Resort is highly recommended since it is a 5 star resort which have the good ammenities. Pulai spring also provide gold playing services.The staff are very friendly and good customer service

Room Tip: I choose Family suite room at the the corner.it was clean and nice view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RajeeRose

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had my wedding there this January - a truly big fat Indian wedding, glad it all went well in such a nice location! A little difficult organising initially but went through in the end! clean, rooms are spacious and clean as well and layout very pretty of the entire resort!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pulai Springs Resort!

On behalf of Pulai Springs Resort, I would like to thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor after celebrating your wedding here recently.

I am glad that everything went well and you were happy with the entire set up, the location, our spacious rooms and the services overall. I will surely disseminate this information to our team here.

The entire team here at Pulai Springs Resort also had a lot of fun making all the preparations before your big day.

We hope to see you again and we will you all the best.

Kind Regards,