“Not too bad ”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2d1n at Cinta Ayu apartment. As we went to legoland, water theme park first, the check in time of 3pm was not an issue for us. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The cleanliness was acceptable. Just that, maybe the floor can be mopped? But it was not an issue. Food was great at gleneagles. As it was raining, there was buggy service to and fro. The staff at gleneagles was nice to help us call for buggy to bring us back. There wasn't anyone at the pool for us to sign out the pool towels, but they did bring us the towels after request. I would say that they did provide a good service. One thing I Realised is be good to people and polite in your request, the staff would be willing to help you.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank San33sg
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Short weekend getaway from Singapore with family. Booked for one night at Cinta Ayu 2 bedroom suite on 22nd Feb 2014. It took us a while to get there. Location of the resorts is not convenient. Having difficulty finding the resort as some of the road signs are misleading. We checked in late and welcome by the staff warmly but there's no welcome drinks. Given free wifi. Spacious rooms but lack few basic room amenities. Slightly musty smell in the rooms. 1 common bathroom with no bath-tub, only a shower stand, but it's good enough. The buffet spread for breakfast is good as they provide variety of foods. 3 swimming pools to use at 2 locations within the compound, spa and gym facilities. There is nothing much to do. Overall, we had a pleasant stay at the resort. Great place for relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Azeah

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Check-in time at 3pm is quite late compare to other standard hotel - plus the jammed at receptionist counter and the super-super SLOW services delay our check-in for more than hour we only got our room at 4.14pm. no welcome drink, no apologies but sucles. totally wasting our time only.
Room is spacious but lack of maintenance and feel musky & desserted like it hasn't been living by ppl for quite a time. the floor at living room is really dirtyly with dirt as clearly shown in our sole foot.
even though this hotel got a beautiful landscape but I woke up in morning seeing ppls hurdle out and in with cars coming in and out, we plan to extand our stay but nope, definitely no!
before I'm placing a booking, when I'm calling up the hotel- since we when there to celebrate my sis birthday and the hotel says will give complimentary bday cake and aks me to put remark at their site when I make the booking but again nope.
dissapoitment is overrated for this hotel, all I can say.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank m216sage
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor after your stay with us recently.

I understand from your feedback that you were not quite satisfied with the services provided by the resort during your stay. Please be informed that these are not the usual standards that we always strive to provide to all our guests. I would like to apologize on the delay at the reception counter that has resulted in the lateness in obtaining your key card to access your room.

As for the room you stayed in, please accept my sincere apologies for the overall cleanliness. Please be assured that we take every feedback seriously and we will ensure that this issue will definitely be rectified immediately by our Housekeeping department.

As for the birthday cake, I understand that you have made a remark when making your reservations, however, we have overlooked on your comments and have failed to make the arrangements. Please be assured that this incident would not be repeated again and we will ensure that we take all necessary actions to rectify it.

I sincerely hope that the experiences you had will not deter you from supporting us again. We do hope to see you again and to be able to serve you. This time, we assure you that it will be worth it!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Have stayed here maybe 4 times over the years and always found it to be a pleasant respite from busy bustling congested JB. Whilst a 30 minute taxi ride out of town, the resort is reasonably close to Danga Bay providing an alternative dining option in a hawker style environment.

The rooms are spacious and clean, but are very spartan. Golf is the main attraction here and the course is reportedly one of the better courses in the southern Malay peninsula.

JB taxi drivers often have trouble finding this venue. Take a map to avoid getting lost... and ripped off!

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking the golf course is probably best option.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us at Tripadvisor after your many visits to the Resort.

I would like to thank you for always supporting us over the years. From your feedback, I understand that you have always had pleasant experiences during your stay with us and is also quite happy with the location and our spacious and clean rooms.

As for our golf courses, yes, I would like to share with you that the resort boasts 2 USGA standard golf courses; Pulai Course and Melana Course. If you do play golf, please feel free to contact me while you are here again visiting us and we can always go for a round of golf.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Have a chance to stay during Bioeconomy 2014 for 4D3N. Overall the hotel is not up to standard. Im even send my complaint letter to front desk upon check out.
Check in/out: quite good and fast
Food: need improvement
Housekeeping: very bad. I even found a towel left over under the bed upon check in
Maintenance: need improvement. Main door for room 527 didnt automatically lock.
Safety: excellent
I will never bring my family again in this hotel but for 1 day business trip, will consider to stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor after your 4 Days 3 Night stay with us during the Bioeconomy 2014 event.

From your comments and feedback, I believe you are quite satisfied with the services provided by our reception counter (check in and check out) and the safety and security around the resort.

However, we do take note on your comments made on the food throughout the event. Our Food & Beverage department is fully aware of your feedback and please be assured that we will do all we can to improve in that area.

As for Housekeeping and Maintenace services, please accept my sincere apologies as it was not up to standard. Please also be assured that both departments are also aware of this issue and the main door for room 527 has already been repaired.

I do hope that what you have experienced at the resort will not deter you from supporting us again. We assure that on your next trip, either business or leisure with family or friends, you will see the difference and it will be worth it. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel was in a secluded area which was fine for a restful stay away from the crowds, however, my room was not up to standards. 3 of 4 light bulbs were burnt out. 2 towel given for three people staying in the room. No washcloths in the room. Stayed in a one bedroom. Door are opaque glass, so if your children need darkness to sleep, like mine, then it was difficult to do anything once they were in bed.

Purchased a Legoland package, which at first glance seemed like a great deal, but when I arrived at Legoland, I realized that the Waterpark was not included. It was not a combo ticket. Perhaps this was my false assumption, but nowhere on their website did it state that it was excluded. Not so much a negative on their part, but certainly want to be aware of this is you purchase the Legoland package.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

U could realise that it was a great hotel once.but not any more.bad location.nothing around the hotel.can not go anywhere without a taxi.,bad maintainance,non co-operative staff.bad buffet breakfast.good room though.

Room Tip: It was meant to be for the rich.but doesn't provide enough that the rich expects from a hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mahmudrazzaque

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.