Before I booked this hotel, I must say that I was half afraid as the reviews were mixed, some ranging of horrible to commendable. But I felt that if I went there with an open mind, it might not be so bad. And so it was!
I booked a 3-bedroom, (Room 0340), and it had a max capacity of 6 pple, though we have only 4 of us. Hence, it was comfy for all of us, as there were 4 beds: 1 king, 1 queen, 2 singles. Very comfy.
Contrary to what others have [negatively] commented, these were what I experienced which was commendable!
1) we had complimentary wifi right at check-in. We didnt have to ask. Though the wifi strength was not very strong, it was enough to check facebook, download some emails, and use whatapps. So thumbs up for me! :)
2) Front desk staff were very friendly, and willing to answer some of our queries on food/malls in vicinity. Bell-boy / staff at foyer was very friendly too.
3) Gym and pool was AWESOME! I will give the gym a 5 star rating. Really! Equipment was clean, new and a good range! Drinking water available. Complimentary for guests. Swimming pool too was great!
4) Room itself, yeah.. was kind old furniture. BUT, everything is clean. Beds, linen, bathroom, sink area etc. VERY CLEAN. Very satisfied indeed.
5) Parking space...plentiful. Whole area, very spacious.
6) Lifts security was good. Had to use access card key to get to own level. And it work flawlessly. Very good. No glitches. Only two lifts though, so peak period can be tough on the waiting.
7) Security guards... can be tighter but no complaints. Friendly and 24h surveillance.
8) Water from tap was not yellow. Refrigerator was working in good condition. Aircon was very good and temperature an be adjusted. No insects. No mosquitoes.
What can be improved?
At SGD180/night (because it was a 3-bedroom suite meant for 6 pple), it was considered very cheap and worth the price. [oops, breakfast not included, but if you drive....PLEASE! lots of good local eating areas nearby at low low cost!]
Ahem, so as I was saying... what to improve? If you want to pay such reasonable rates, PLEASE dont expect too much nor complain.
Pray for a good experience, that's all. :D
So, the verdict. 4 stars. And Yes, I do not mind coming back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pulai Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pulai Springs Hotel Johor Bahru
- Pulai Springs Johor Bahru