“Below Expectation With a 5-Star Rated Resort”

Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Below Expectation With a 5-Star Rated Resort”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We checked-in to a 2 Bedrooms Apartment with an additional payment of extra guest since there are 5 of us in the group. With the 5-star rated resort, you would expect much more than an average service, but in Pulai Spring, you would be receiving a below average service.
- As the reservation and payment were made way in advance, I would expect the apartment to be ready with the extra bed that we have paid and requested for. However, this is not the case as we have to call the room service numerous times before it is sent.
- As the payment is made for 5 pax, I would expect the amenities provided, i.e. indoor slippers, bath towels and etc are prepared for 5. However, only 2 sets were given. Upon requesting for additional 3 bath towels, we were made to wait for 3 hours!!! Again after making numerous calls.
- Room condition is acceptable with just an average cleanliness.
- Lift lobby on room floors needs further improvements in terms of cleanliness and presentation.

Apart from that, hotel staff are rather friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TanyaTan
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking some time to rate / review us on Tripadvisor.

From your comments, I am disappointed and would like to apologize that we have failed to live up to your expectations. Let me also apologize on behalf of my Housekeeping team on the shortage of room amenities and the delayed response in ensuring the items are sent to your room. Please be informed that I have highlighted the issue with the team here and necessary actions will be taken to ensure the re-occurrence of such incident.

However, I am pleased to know that our hotel staffs were friendly to our guests.

It is with sincerity that I apologize for not meeting the expectations, but we are also genuinely grateful for the feedback. This has certainly helped us to improve our services to meet the expectations of our guests in the future.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort. I assure you that time time, it will be worth it!

Yours truly,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We bought the Legoland package at the hotel. Legoland was a feast, Pulai Springs Resort was a shocker. We asked to be moved to a clean room as the one they put us in was disgusting, mouldy and had a leak in the bathroom. The tablecloths were filthy dirty and so was the dining room floor. The only good place to eat was at Glen Eagles. We went for the couples massage at the spa. The towels were worn and even had holes in them. I met other travellors there that were also not happy with the false advertising on the internet. Really, what you see is NOT what you get. The Wifi was dodgy and we were frequently disconnected. Beware....

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room that looks like the ones on the internet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Elke M
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and purchasing your Legoland Holiday Package. I also thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor from your recent stay.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on the services and facilities are highly appreciated as we value and take every comment seriously for us to further improve in various areas.

From your comments, I am disappointed that we have failed to meet your expectations. Without trying to make excuses, please be informed that we are aware of our immediate shortcomings and will take immediate actions to rectify these issues. With regards to the WiFi connection, let me also apologize as our telecommunication provider was undergoing some routine maintenance at that point of time, hence you have encountered intermittent internet connection.

On the other hand, I am glad that you had a good experience at Gleneagles Terrace Restaurant. I will surely disseminate the information to the personnel manning the restaurant.

Yours truly,

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

How this hotel obtained 4 stars I will never know. Room quality was 2 star at best, service the same. The Internet was atrocious when it actually worked.

On a positive note, the Chinese restaurant was good, and also Legoland. Just stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Phil G
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Pulai Springs Resort!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking some time to rate / review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback / comments as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guest’s expectation.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

In the mean time, I am really glad that you enjoyed the food at our award-winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant. We have been voted for 17 consecutive years as one of Malaysia's Best Restaurant by Malaysia Tatler.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

For someone who stays in Singapore, city life can sometimes become a routine and stressful. Pulai Springs offers a close vicinity to escape from city life.

Though location is not very convenient but amenities and seclution is welcomed by any stress singaporean or resident.

Food wise is not very good but space and pace can give u the needed relaxing time you have been looking for.

Though I only stayed here for a short time and also for a conference, I was able to appreciate what pulai springs can offer.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank shinobi007
Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from all of us at Pulai Springs Resort!

Thank you for taking some time off to review / rate us on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you had a good time here at the resort. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests providing our guests with only the best service.

However, with regards to the food, I will disseminate the information to our culinary team and will take immediate actions to see how we can further improve in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

With Best Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being a Singaporean I frequent hotels in JB when its a long weekend. In fact, I am now writing my review in my hotel room using the superfast wifi which is FREE. This is among the many reasons why this hotel will always be my no. 1 choice. One thing about JB hotels are they are only good when they are new. Maintenance is NOT their priority. This hotel has been around for some time and I must give them top marks for making VISIBLE effort to maintain what they have and their attention to detail.Even the night lamps are free of dust! Rooms are spotlessly clean and I can see that it has been repainted. They have even installed a stove and hob for long stays. Staff are friendly and ever obliging. Ive booked a 3 bedroom apartment and it is TRULY very hard for me to leave. Breakfast spread is good and the pool is really well maintained. The only bad thing is I cant book another night since its already fully booked for this long weekend :( Oh, they also have a cinema and a spa! I dont want to leave!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank number1mummy
Dear Madam,

Warm Greetings from all of us at Pulai Springs Resort!

I am taking this opportunity to thank you for taking some time off to rate and review us on Tripadvisor from your recent trip to our resort.

Through your comments, I believe you had a love lovely time here. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you like the fast WiFi, dust free lamps, overall maintenance of the resort and most importantly, our friendly associates who are our main asset of the company.

With Best Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Pulai Springs is essentially a golf destination, with whole infrastructure geared towards it. The rooms are plenty with day room, bedroom and bathroom.
Wifi is poor and very unstable/ unreliable. Breakfast was good choice of predominantly Malaysian and western choice.
This is great place to hold conference, team building etc. the gold course is pristine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank R_K_Rana
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Sunny Soo
Director of Operations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just reviewed a competitor hotel and thought I should prob put down a review for this one as well, since they're quite similar. Stayed here for a weekend while driving back from Singapore with an eye on doing some Outlet shopping as well. If you need a place to stay while your primary goals are to get to the Outlet malls or to visit Legoland, then I think this place should fill your needs. It's location is quite strategic for both these destinations and the hotel provides shuttle bus for the OUtlet mall at least. Grounds are pleasant, as expected of a hotel built around a golf resort. But the physical infrastructure is aging. The rooms in particular could do with an upgrade. While we didn't pay all that much, still there was some disatisfaction due to the disconnect between the perception the hotel is trying to sell (5 Star) versus the reality (3 Star experience).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Sunny Soo