“The ONLY hotel I would stay in.”

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being a Singaporean I frequent hotels in JB when its a long weekend. In fact, I am now writing my review in my hotel room using the superfast wifi which is FREE. This is among the many reasons why this hotel will always be my no. 1 choice. One thing about JB hotels are they are only good when they are new. Maintenance is NOT their priority. This hotel has been around for some time and I must give them top marks for making VISIBLE effort to maintain what they have and their attention to detail.Even the night lamps are free of dust! Rooms are spotlessly clean and I can see that it has been repainted. They have even installed a stove and hob for long stays. Staff are friendly and ever obliging. Ive booked a 3 bedroom apartment and it is TRULY very hard for me to leave. Breakfast spread is good and the pool is really well maintained. The only bad thing is I cant book another night since its already fully booked for this long weekend :( Oh, they also have a cinema and a spa! I dont want to leave!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank number1mummy
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Madam,

Warm Greetings from all of us at Pulai Springs Resort!

I am taking this opportunity to thank you for taking some time off to rate and review us on Tripadvisor from your recent trip to our resort.

Through your comments, I believe you had a love lovely time here. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you like the fast WiFi, dust free lamps, overall maintenance of the resort and most importantly, our friendly associates who are our main asset of the company.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Pulai Springs is essentially a golf destination, with whole infrastructure geared towards it. The rooms are plenty with day room, bedroom and bathroom.
Wifi is poor and very unstable/ unreliable. Breakfast was good choice of predominantly Malaysian and western choice.
This is great place to hold conference, team building etc. the gold course is pristine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank R_K_Rana
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just reviewed a competitor hotel and thought I should prob put down a review for this one as well, since they're quite similar. Stayed here for a weekend while driving back from Singapore with an eye on doing some Outlet shopping as well. If you need a place to stay while your primary goals are to get to the Outlet malls or to visit Legoland, then I think this place should fill your needs. It's location is quite strategic for both these destinations and the hotel provides shuttle bus for the OUtlet mall at least. Grounds are pleasant, as expected of a hotel built around a golf resort. But the physical infrastructure is aging. The rooms in particular could do with an upgrade. While we didn't pay all that much, still there was some disatisfaction due to the disconnect between the perception the hotel is trying to sell (5 Star) versus the reality (3 Star experience).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our department had a teambuilding session at the Resort for four days in January. Since we had wanted to combine it with a departmental family get-together session where the kids can be taken to Legoland, we thought that the Resort was a good choice based on it's proximity to Legoland and the facilities in the Resort itself.

The facilities offered at the Resort was not lacking however, generally, the maintenance and level of service by categories of staff were severely undesireable. The rooms were mostly "ageing" and in much need of a makeover. Our room even had a tell-tale sign of repair and patchwork done on the ceiling where there seemed to be once, a leakage. Floors and furniture are worn out while sheets and linens were almost greying or stained. It's a shame as the Resort had so much potential if only attention were paid to maintenance. As for the latter, the staff particularly housekeeping and restaurant (except for the Chinese restaurant - the food was good there, by the way) were sub-standard in terms of owning their areas of responsibilities. Case in point, at the egg station, I had asked for a cheese omelette. The reply was, "egg here, cheese there." Perplexed and after getting the same response twice, another guest explained that while he can do the eggs, I had to get the cheese myself and bring it to him at the buffet line. I was lucky he didn't ask me to bring the eggs to him too!

The good news is the golf range was quite well kept and so are the swimming pools. The security personnel at the front entrance were also friendly, helpful, informative and quite attentive and performed their tasks beyond our expectations. On the other hand, maintenance-wise again one can almost detect musky smells in places such as the children's play area (with worn out toys), the movie theater (imagine if it were in excellent condition - people would perhaps give better reviews for it!) and again, the rooms! It gives us the impression that staff responsible have a lackadaisal approach in keeping things in good order.

Worse still, I had a bad experience where I had suspected the housekeeping staff trying out all the cosmetic products I had brought with me in the bathroom.  Two days in a row the incident was monitored and on the third day, I could safely confirm it with some proof and brought the case up to the duty manager. I was attended to professionally and the duty manager did not put up an immediate defense but instead sought more clarification with a promise to escalate the matter to his Management and conduct an investigation. Of course, upon investigation, the staff denied having used any of the items. I was left with rashes and more than RM600 odd poorer as i had to replace my products.

Overall, if you're looking for a place to just crash and not care for other things mentioned, then by all means do stay here, but you'll not be paying a way cheaper rate as you would in a boarding house. This is supposed to be a higher end Resort! Otherwise, you're better off staying at the Thistle or some lower starred hotels that are newer with more attentive staff who really care about their job and guests' welfare and bear the additional 30 minute trip from city center to Legoland. Nett nett, our suggestion, wait till they decide to fully refurbish and ramp up service levels before you try them out.

Room Tip: Anugraha Boutique rooms are much newer and better... for now. Our review is for the Cinta Ayu. You...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I visited Pulai Spring Resort. Still fresh, still friendly, still comfortable and nice. Though I did not play, their golf course look in very inviting condition.
Food quality is reasonable at their Chinese Restaurant. Breakfast spread is generous and qulity is good.
Room is clean with good facilities (suite). Bed is comfortable with good sleep quality and clean bedsheet.
Bathroom is up-to-date though wear-and-tear begins to show.

Room Tip: Suite when there's a deal on.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lyefei
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Pulai Springs Resort!

I would like to thank you for being our returning guest and taking some time to review and rate us on Tripadvisor. Through your feedback and comments, I believe you have had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you especially the food quality at our award-winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant, comfortable bed, clean bedsheets and the overall outlook of the Resort.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I was on a meditation course in Pulai Springs for 4days and 4 nights sharing a one-bedroom apartment with a friend. The room is clean, comfortable and very spacious for two people. The resort is surrounded by lots of beautiful trees and I especially love the greenery view at the golf course. The staff are very friendly, helpful and responsive. The first night we entered the room around 9pm and my friend wanted to keep all her valuables in the mini safe but couldn't open it. Called the reception and within minutes a staff came to check. Then we called again to request for slippers in the room, the receptionist remembered our problem with the safe and asked whether their staff had attended to the matter! Thumbs up for that! The housekeeping also got us the slippers in less than 10 minutes.
For the few days, all the participants were supposed to have vegetarian food so not really sure how good their non-vegetarian food is. Hope the hotel can put in a little more effort on improving their vegetarian menu, sometimes the food is too oily. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We took the Legoland package as it includes tickets, transfer and also daily breakfast. Prior to arriving at the hotel, I had made a few calls to the hotel. Sadly, the courtesy of the staffs over the phone is not up to expectation. They should make more attempt to answer the phone courteously.

The check in was a breeze and we got our tickets for the Legoland upon check in. I booked a 2 bedroom apartment and although the living room was very spacious, the bedrooms are too small. I guess they designed it with the idea that most of the time people would spend their time in the living room.

The bathroom was good enough although I was expecting 2 bathrooms to come with a 2 bedroom apartment instead of one. Hence we had to start our morning ritual very early to ensure that everyone has their fair share of time in the bathroom.

Breakfast was good, with decent selections. The dining area became a bit crowded starting 9 am, so try to be there early during weekends.

We tried the swimming pool at the sports centre and the facilities is quite dated.

The housekeeping is very attentive, thus should be appraised. We received our extra towels and prayer mats within minutes of calling. I am very impressed.

Overall, I would give this hotel 3.5 star

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Haelin

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you reviewing and rating us on Tripadvisor. I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience here.

Based on your feedback, I believe that you had quite a pleasant stay with us. However, I would like to apologize on behalf on our associate who picked up your call when you called in several times. I have raised your concerns with the Front Office department and immediate actions will be been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

On the other hand, I am glad that you are quite satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you such as the rooms, breakfast and also the associates from the Housekeeping department. It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests providing our guests with only the best service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Resort will be delighted to hear from you again soon.