“Lost money”

Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Malaysia
“Lost money”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I've stayed in this hotel together with my boyfriend (now ex) last 2004. It was my first morning cause my bf went to work. I hear the doorbell and saw room service asking to clean the room. I let them in while I watch the tv . After 10minutes they're finished and went outside w/o anywords. So sudden I remember that I have SGD400 and RM100 at the side table inside the master bedroom. I rush inside the room and found them cleaning the room. To my surprise, I found SGD300 and RM50 left in the table. Grrr!! I asked these cleaners who tooked the money but they dont seem to understand english. I called the reception and ask for help. After few minutes, this guy came and ask some question's. The result, They cannot help me because i am not registered in their hotel. For goodness sake, my bf paid for this room not me so I think it should be under his name. And besides the issue is your cleaners took my money.
Result: my money hasn't return.Well, it's a great experience Msuites. I have told to my friends and colleages about this situation. Its been a while but I cannot foget it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tubbychic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 20, 2010

What to say... Price was good at RM160 per night... Room was spacious and had a big free underground car park but it stops there...

Room very dusty and the bathroom very dirty tiles and smelly. The bedding was old and smelly. It is no excuse that the hotel is old because it just lacks basic cleaning such as a duster, scrubbing the bathroom, etc.

Would find it hard to recommend this hotel even at this cheap price due to the dust and smell in the room.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

KL, Malaysia
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights at the M-Suites. The 2 bedroom suite is very worn out, tired, with wooden furniture all scratched up everywhere. Doesn't appear to be a standardized furniture at the hotel so it appears to be 'extra' furniture the owner didn't want at their house.

When we got into our room it smelled like it had not been used for a long time. Sheets smelled like it was washed a few months earlier. Given 2 towels in each bathroom (There were 2), but after the cleaners came on Day 2 we were given a bath mat (Not sure why).

Breakfast was poor - we went out and skipped the breakfast on Day 3.

Overall, I didn't get the impression the hotel actually tried.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Price of rooms were reasonable. They were also spacious. However, the staff were not friendly and warm and the breakfast buffet was a disappointment. Food was running out even an hour before breakfast time's up and it took them quite a while to replenish the food. Price of the food menu for room service was horrendously expensive. Cleanliness of the place can be worked on and overall, its time for refurbishment as the room does look tired.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Me and my babe enjoyed our stay in this hotel. She loves the spacious room and goes "honey we got lot of space"! We spend some precious time in the room =) before we head back home on the 3rd day.

I'm truly happy because she enjoyed it (normally it is hard for her to agree as she is very picky tho lol), gonna recommend my aussies friends to stay in M Suites when they're in Malaysia and Johore especially when they're there for the holidays ..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed at M Suites after changing from another unsuitable hotel. My first impressions of the staff were great, extremely friendly and helpful.

We stayed in Studio Suites room which was the standard room. Surprisingly it is more to Deluxe Room I must say. The room was spacious it had a living room with sofa & television, a dining area, a kitchen but no cooking for RM160nett with two person breakfast. It is very clean and well equipped. We could not fault the room and we are pretty fussy on cleanliness.

Free internet usage is available in the foyer and we just love the food at Ming Court Chinese restaurant.
We woud definitely stay again. It is great value for money and very hygienic and clean with all the amenities. It is directly across the Strait of Johor and a short 5 minute drive to the city.

Well worth staying. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 28, 2010

1. Friendly and courteous staff.

2. Spacious rooms.

3. It is an apartment concept good for family.

4. Free Wi-Fi at the lobby and restaurant.

5. Good Ming Court Chinese restaurant serves Szechuan and Cantonese cuisines.

6. Ideal for long stay business travellers.

7. Spectacular room view facing the Straits of Johor overlooking Singapore.

8. Well equipped banquet facilities.

9. Newly furnish rooms.