“Rats crawling” 3 of 5 bubbles

M Suites Hotel
Ranked #21 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Rats crawling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Checking in was fast. Booked 2 bedroom facing the sea but the noise from moving vehicle on the main road was unbearable even when window was closely shut. Room condition was really in bad shape, stain carpet, leaked aircon vent, dirty curtains,old linen and bed cover,choke pipeline and there's a rat making noise on the ceiling.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here with my family and young kids, we had the best time and the rooms were spacious.
Enjoyed every bit, breakfast was awesome.
I have attached the pics that i have taken, hope it helps other travellers too.
I have had placed order with the restaurant, food for nice but was priced a bit steep.
Nevertheless we enjoyed the stay and the kids enjoyed their holiday

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We are group of company staff.
we can see how people are deterred It's a bit steep for a3 or 4 star hotel, but we never had any issue just change more brighter and saver energy lights in corridors especially 2nd flr area well not-so-pleasant start to your stay.
-when we arrived in room I called housekeeping to send a food menu in our room she don't understand and I called room service no one answrd and finally I called an operator a sweet warm greetings on the phone she is very polite and very helpful and efficient you should connect request calls to her I forgot to ask her name But absolutely disappointing
-the front desk could do MUCH better as far as hospitality (it IS their industry, no?!); when we arrived we got no more than "can I help you?" Where is the smile and "welcome to our hotel!"? Train your staff better. Honestly, we had friendlier interactions with housekeeping (who asked how we were and told us to have a wonderful day). They should definitely train/hire front people who do their jobs properly. Sort of leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, for being in the service industry,not attractive waitressand pregnant lady not polite to the guest on the phone requesting to extend his stay.
The swimming pool attendant like deaf.basement carpark needs one bellman to carry guest luggage .I like chinese food.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Angel0_UK
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed for 1 night at M Suites hotel on 21/10/13. Booked for Premier Suites. Check in very smooth. The reception staff already prepared with the booking list. Room are clean. high variety on breakfast spread. May consider to stay here again. Only Wifi is slow when in room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Norah888
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We love our 3bedroom suite. We are family travelling with four boys. The room is spacious, awesome breakfast buffet, excellent service - they are really accommodating. The kids love the pool. Value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for a 3D2N holiday at M-suites, with my wife and 2 children. Firstly the location is in a quiet area of johor, with nothing to see or do within the immediate walking distance of the hotel. If you need to get groceries, please get them before you arrive at the hotel. Nearby to the hotel is the Danga Bay marina area, where it is deserted by day, but quite pretty by night. The old-school carnival opens at night, with lots of kiddie rides for your children to play.

Next, amenities of the hotel.. We saw the photos of the swimming pool, here on tripadvisor, and we liked what we saw. but when we got there, however, I think the swimming pool was less impressive in person. I liked the fact that they spent money to do up 2 big slides for the children, but i felt it was poorly designed. the white slide works well for kids, but for heavy adults, you will slide down much faster than the kids. Also, the material of the slide was rather rough, and caused my trunks to show signs of wear and tear just after 3 attempts on it. (and yes, because I was heavy and it made me go fast, my butt heated up pretty quickly.) So do keep that in mind if adults want to play the white slide. Also, the final drop at the end of the slide is pretty steep, so young children who don' know how to swim, might get submerged and they may not like. The yellow slide is a nice and slow slide, like it, except for the fact that once again, the final drop at the end is into the adults swimming pool (1.2m deep), which simply means that the child MUST be able to swim, else it will be pretty dangerous. Otherwise, it's a nice addition to the pool.

The breakfast is pretty good for me, simply because I like nasi lemak-style breakfast buffets (I'm pretty easy to please). There is sufficient variety to please my whole family and my kids (who had free flow of coco crunch, corn flakes and the likes). When I was there the buffet selection consisted of: Porridge and condiments, nasi lemak, mee goreng, sambal sotong, egg station, sausages, scrambled eggs, bread and butter pudding, chicken rendang, laksa johor style, lontong, bread table selection, fruits table selection, salad table selection, cereal table selection. drinks were ice/warm water, fruit punch, guava, and Dutch Lady UHT Whole milk.

The room was nice and large, though extra towels were chargeable. I requested for a floor towel which was free though. Wife felt the floor was dusty, so I mopped the floor manually with the floor towel so that the kids can run around in the room. toilets are simple and functional, no problem. TV selection was decent with the usual local channels and one or 2 movie channels. Pillows were pretty flat though.

Sleeping at night, we also had the problem of hearing the street racers race down the road outside the hotel, disturbing our sleep. we had to endure about an hour of random loud race car noises before the roar of the engine noises stopped.

I feel pretty safe using the underground carpark of the hotel, so I believe security is not an issue here. One problem with the parking system is that you got to take the parking ticket to the lobby reception for a fee waiver everytime before you exit the carpark, else you gotta pay $RM3 for the parking.

We took the hello kitty package from the hotel, which had no problems, the tickets are open dated tickets, and we used them with no problems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank silverspear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Staff of M Suites made up for my misadventure. I fell outside the Hotel when my husband and I went for our morning walk. I fracture my left foot. When the M Suites staff were aware of my situation, their caring services made up for my pain and discomfort. Interestingly, we checked into a room where there were fixtures for the handicap. These have been a great help to me in my predicament. Thank you M Suite staff for the help and assistance rendered to me and my husband. God bless you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple