My hubby and I were long term guests at Austin Hills for the year of 2009, we found the monthly rate to be most affordable amongst hotels in the area, and for the size of our suite, it was undeniably value for money. Though Austin Hills can't really be considered a hotel (only 70 rooms) and I don't think it positions itself as one (no star rating), but it has the necessary facilities that one would need and more.
Super spacious, 1500-1800sqft (this is definitely the selling point). Our suite was divided into 2 areas (living room+ small bathroom and bedroom+ big bathroom) Big bathroom has separate doors for the shower room and toilet, there is also a jacuzzi! From living area, nice view of the field.
– The pool is big, and especially popular with the kids as there is a slide. There is a games area at the lowest level. It houses an 8 lane bowling alley (RM 27 p/lane p/hour), 2 ping pong tables and carrom (free), pool table (RM 4 p/game), and foozball (RM2 p/game)
– Gym and sauna room is divided according to male and female locker rooms. Sauna and steam room is fine (fits about 4-5 ppl), but the gym is pretty sad, the equipment is old and there is only one threadmill.
– We're not golfers so can't comment here. But the place seems pretty popular with a healthy stream of golfers on the greens and in the driving range. There is a small golf shop which sells golf equipment and shirts and doubles as a convenient stall as well.
– The hotel also has a paintball game facility which is popular during the weekends. We played a game with friends once, super fun! : ) 10 ppl, about 35 p/person for a gun, protection gear and 100 bullets.
– We have Never used the ballroom or meeting rooms, but we have seen many weddings, camps, and company dinners throughout the year. And when decorated it looks really grand.
It's not too expensive after the 15% for room guest/club members. I enjoyed all the dishes I ordered here. The nasi lemak with beef rendang, chicken wings with fries, and fish and chips are pretty good. Generous portions. Not sure about room service, as we have never used it.
Everyone is friendly here and maintenance ppl have always been quick to fix. We've exchanged numerous smiles among the security guards on buggies (so uniquely Austin), the concierge, the locker room ladies, waiters, cleaners and house keeping.
We've moved on since this year, but do kinda miss the place, and will always have fond memories of it as our 1st home since marriage. Thanks Austin!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.