“Best Service”

Grand BlueWave Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Beautiful place, good service, staff very helpful. I will come again to this place for my anniversary this october... I will suggest to all my friends to try having lunch or dinner at bluewave hotel...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Hansolo95

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a night. Checking into the hotel quite late at night. The frontline staff do my checking in quite fast without much hassle. The room was spacious but fittings is a bit outdated. The television provided is small and still the old tube type. The hotel need some upgrades to maintain the hotel standard. The location wasn't convenient. Need transportation to go to any nearest shopping/food area. The breakfast spread was quite good. Overall, quite a good stay and will consider to stay again if go to Johor Bahru again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lokh
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We loved our "executive suite" here - it was huge and very good value. however, the location looks central on a map, but it really isnt, as no direct way here and its not pedestrian friendly, so you need to take cabs. We would wait up to 30 minutes for a taxi and this got very annoying as a central location is very important to us. The service could have been better - we were just watched as we struggled with all our luggage and a baby and a toddler. Breakfast is great,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The only good thing is that the big is spacious.

The Hotel management really need to upgrade their services:
- receptionist is too slow when servicing, even though we are line up, he takes more than 10 minute to settle and when it's our turn he just jump to another rich Indonesian couple who is not line up.
-same goes when servicing egg at breakfast, this crew simply pass the egg to singaporean who is not line up.
-when I asking for housekeeping, new towel and so on the receptionist said they only provided for those who stay more than 1 day.

this hotel really surprised me with their bad attitude and servicing. They are not deserve for 4 stars. Only 2 stars. That's where they belong.

I Surely will spread this bad servicing to my families and friends and make sure they wont choose this hotel for their destination.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank 1worldtravellers
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed over one night and my whole family loved it. Spacious room. Friendly staff. The night view of JB is great. Very close to Danga Bay. Recomend it for family. Appreciate so much for Miss Syafiqah who help us a lot during our stay and Miss Baby that recommend the connecting room that suit our need. Will come here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank syafriyal
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night, my husband booked hotel earlier.. he complained about the stinky smell in the toilet, the cleaner did not cleaned it enough..smell was like in public toilet ad if pee is all over . Complimentary breakfast was served cold despite of having it at 7:15am . Room was spacious. Location was good.
Overall experience not good. Would choose some other hotel next trip to JB.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The room is quite big, though the fittings were a little worn. The bathroom is clean, but I guess that's the illusion black tiles can give. I had to ask for a change of towels as there were stains on the first set. The hotel has a massage parlor on the 5th floor, but it looked like it catered more to men, if you know what I mean.

I liked the view the room had. I had never seen Johor Bahru in such an angle, so it was refreshing. The pool (on the 7th floor if I recall correctly) also had a good view of the causeway as well as Singapore. The breakfast spread was decent, and staff were all very courteous. The next day I had huge bug bites on my arm, but it might be mosquitos from when I was walking to and from City Square Shopping Mall. It's very close by!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors. You'll get better views!