All reviewsstudio roomdining tablenoisy at nightbig roombreakfast buffetpleasant stayfree shuttlecity square malljbmicrowavelautciqcustomsdeposit
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I always travel with a big family- parents, young children and helpers so the spacious rooms togetherwith the living room & kitchenette were a big draw. Clean bathtubs. Bidets at toilets. Lots of storage/drawers. Sufficient and convenient power points. Free broadband. The big minus was the lack of pool chairs at the pool. Else, I am happy to come back for more

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shahida s
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was the Chinese New Year holidays. My wife and I just thought that we would bring the kids to Johor Bahru and check into a hotel and spend the night. We booked for a night stay at the Grand BlueWave Hotel 2-3 days prior to the actual day.
From the day we checked in until the day we checked out, my whole family was happy. From the front desk, to the room, to the restaurant, to the checking out time, we were no where near any grim experience. They served us with smiles all the way and the suite that we got was very welcoming.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wish to recharge themselves.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fareight
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Except for the strategic location i.e if you are planning a trip to Singapore, the rest about the hotel is average for that price. The hotel is tired looking and could do with some kind of refurbishment. We booked 3 executive suites and one of the rooms has a terrible smell from a clogged drain/broken pipe or something. The smell was so overpowering that we requested for a change of room. However, we only managed to get another room the next day and I must mention that the staff at the reception handling our complaint was very nice and corteous. Average hotel but excellent staff.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Badaria
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hotel is okay.
Taxi drivers know this hotel which is a plus as it is a little out of the centre and the road system makes it a little difficult to get to.
Our room was just about a sea view. The room was massive. The bedroom dark as no windows so you could sleep without light coming in. Complimentry tea was in short supply.
Overall the hotel felt drab and the pool area was rather uninviting and not as it appeared on the photos. Its a short walk into the centre but not easy to navigate as you have to cross some major roads.
I would have preferred to have been out at the Zon area with the night life and a few decents restaurants around.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

very average hotel. Not handicap friendly. The beds are so hard I had to check out and move to a new hotel after 2 nights of a 4 night stay. Rooms are big but very old and the menus is limited. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business