Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$22
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$75
$96
$67
$254
  • Breakfast included
Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$26
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$34
$86
HotelJen.com
$62
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$20
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
Hotels.com
All reviewsstudio roomdining tablenoisy at nightbig roombreakfast buffetpleasant stayfree shuttlecity square malljbmicrowavelautciqcustomsdeposit
Reviewed July 19, 2011

It was a good stay especially since my mother is disabled. She is on a wheelchair but the room that was given to us, 1509 (corner room) was big enough for her to move around. It would have been better to have a disabilty room which is not carpeted. Usually most rooms in hotels, the toilet is the problem for OKU. They need a bigger space to move especially near the toilet bowl area. Also the drainage should be good as bathing will be done near the toilet bowl area where the person can seat on the toilet seat and be bathed there. Anyway it was a pleasant stay for us. We may come again. The staff too especially the pengawal keselamatan, bell boy, reception and cafe staff. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Hotel is quite clean. The way out from the room to the lobby is not that friendly coz you have to take 2 elevators. Also the banquet room for breakfast is quite small and not enough to fill up a large amount of people.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

hotel is currently on going final phase of upgrading. except for having to take a separate lift to get to the first lvl, I did nt experience any other forms of inconvenience.

location - was actually near to the causeway, abt 10mins drive. but I gave it an average bcos there wasn't any eateries nearby within walking distance.

room & cleanliness - was pleasantly surprised bcos the room was quite big and beds were comfortable. complimentary mineral water, coffee and tea, newspaper as well as cabled Internet, no wireless though.
I think bathroom has just undergone renovation, it's very spacious and clean and quite pretty, I like the size of the shower, although the water strength is abit weak.

Service - not bad, checking in was swift. requested for additional toothbrush (they only provided one in the room), it was delivered within 10mins.

there is a good-sized gym and swimming pool in the hotel at lvl 7. you cn actually lie on the benches on the pool deck to gaze stars at night - cool! got to be careful w ur steps though, it's dimly lit at night at the pool.

I will definitely come back to this hotel. good job to the team.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Stayed here on 14th May with a few friends down from KL for just the one night, was enough. JB is a scruffy place at the best of times, but we were just there for cheap beer and seafood (we live in Singapore).
Hotel staff were polite and corteous enough, tho the entire place is in major need of refit and refurb, is v dated, late 80's feel. Entrance is confusing and not welcoming, you need to take a lift after walking through a deserted seating area up to the lobby, which is better fitted out, but still, a bit shabby. Room we had was upgraded and apparently an Executive Suite, so we had loads of room, decent sized bathroom, big bedroom and lounge etc, but everything was just generally shabby, and just 'doing the job' as oppose to looking or feeling good.
Overall, the Grandbluewave is fine for a night or two, but certainly not much longer.

Room Tip: Always ask for upgrade - they always have room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Checked in to this hotel on May 4th with my family. Arrived at the hotel but couldn't find the lobby...reason is hotel under renovation. I guess when I made the booking, the hotel need to inform the guest about this to avoid any inconvenient caused BUT not with this hotel.

Just booked 1 night...wish to extend one night for my parents' room but was told I need to book thru internet to get special rate. Expect all guest to have PC on their travel. I mentioned that I am in-house now and I do not have any internet access. I asked for business center and was told that it is under renovation and I can't use it. After that explanations, it seems like it's your business not mine so I can't help you.....reaction from staff and Duty Manager.

To tell the truth....it was lucky that I didn't extend the stay. To my horror...I saw COCKCROACHES running along the buffet line. That is the sign that tell me I am in a wrong hotel and I need to checked out immediately. Hygiene is not attended to at all.

Brought my kids to the swimming pool...no towels...so need to bring own towels from room. Guess what....the towels from the room were very smelly......don't even dare to think why after the incident at coffee house.

Final words...DON'T STAY HERE......email to the management to get some answers but till now no reply.....guess Business Center is under renovation so GM has no access to emails.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family