All reviewsstudio roomdining tablenoisy at nightbig roombreakfast buffetpleasant stayfree shuttlecity square malljbmicrowavelautciqcustomsdeposit
Reviewed January 5, 2011

recently stayed here ..the only good thing about this place is the accesibility to the causeway from singapore to JB. Nothing else good about this place.
this was my second stay here and I can see the hotel has not improved at all despite its refurbishment. service very bad. check in delayed , extra cot delivery delay, baby cot delivery delay..housekeeping delay in cleaning room..breakfast buffet very poor quality. truck stop outside awakens everyone with their early morning activity!!

all in all you get a 1 star hotel for 3 star hotel prices

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ilive4holss
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I normally travel to Singapore for meetings but decided not to spend too much in hotel stays on the island thus heading across the causeway to Johor Bahru. Grand Bluewave is now my first choice in JB.
It is very near the checkpoint as I normally drive, clearing customs it's just a 5 minutes drive depending on traffic. For me to go back to Singapore the next day is again a short drive and I reach the checkpoint without the need to negotiate thru the city's traffic.

I've stayed there more than 5 times now, and every time I check in if they are running full they'll upgrade my rooms. I travel alone and request queen size bed for a comfortable sleep.

Morning breakfast is local and western, a lot of varieties.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Check-in and check-out is always a breeze. Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Pan8a
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I needed a 3 week, lower-cost accommodation option, compared to money-greedy neighbor Singapore and chose this property, as it was located fairly well and agoda reviews seemed to be ok. Initially, I booked a Studio Room with Sea View for 70 Singapore Dollars a night, but it was so small, smelly and 'yucky', I walked out of it backwards and opted to pay 30 SGD more per night for much larger Executive Sea View Suite. Whilst there was enough space, I soon learned about all these extremely negative issues: COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE, seriously, first day I spotted a fully grown x-large one hanging from the bedroom curtains, which was taken away by staff immediately. The next ones I spotted in the bathroom crawling around the sink, the bathtub and even inside the toilet. It continued all over the rooms, in the kitchen, INSIDE THE FRIDGE!, behind the bed, wall-mirrors, inside the cupboards and closets, etc., literally everywhere, all sizes and shapes, it never ended, bought and used up a liter worth of bug spray, which of course did not help at all. Must have killed about 40+ of them during my stay. As I was pretty busy, I ended up living with them for 20 days... Otherwise: Calling itself a 5-star property is an insult. I would give it 2 stars. The food is mediocre & unattractive. Room service orders frequently got mixed up due to staff's lack of proper English and coordination. Housekeeping keeps knocking, ringing and calling, besides Do Not Disturb sign on, some staff very nice, other asking me for cigarettes (?!), reception quick but semi-engaged and overall you can feel they do not much care about conditions in the hotel. Old, run-down furniture, carpets, I tip-toed around all the time, towels and linens always had spots. Internet was free but super slow. Container-truck checkpoint in front of hotel, constant honking and noise 24/7. Eventually moved out into Thistle Hotel, which is much, MUCH better for the same price. Terrible experience and will never visit again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel is a value for money. It is nearby Singapore and the breakfast buffet was quite good too.

The primary reason why I like this hotel was due to the size of the hotel. You will get a very spacious room at the rate that is cheaper that any other hotel around it.

If will be going to Johor again, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The hotel is very close to Check point so just you might see the traffic of Causeway bridge. Room was not so modernly decorated, there were furniture looked like resort hotel of 80's in Hawaii. Balcony had lots of bird's messes.

Breakfast was buffet style, mainly Malay food in Malaysian standard, so I did not like it so much.

Swimming pool was not so clean, the water was not clear.

I had no good memory to stay in this hotel though we stayed in their sweet.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends