“Good hotel”

Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Veenendaal, The Netherlands
“Good hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I like this hotel for the price the rooms are clean and big,the hotel is easy to find and the staff is very helpfull

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank belanda1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Checking in and out is a slow affair. Not the high tech hotel that you'd find in actual New York.

Its an old hotel, so there's this musky smell in the air. Old carpets, and old slow lift. Took me ages to hit to 19th floor. Wifi is not free, and its expensive - MYR 10 for 1 hour or MYR 20 for 24 hours. Need i choose?

Good thing about this place is that its clean. Comfortable bed. Enough lighting in the room for reading. Peaceful place to stay.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed there as a transit for the night while driving up to Sibu Island the next morning as I didn't want to get stuck in the mad rush at checkpoint. Was a good move I should say.

Location is central, just minutes away from checkpoint. There is also complimentary car parking for guests. No crowd when I checked in so was a breeze. My booking was done through the DIRECTWITHHOTELS website which I belive is a tie-up with the hotel. When I checked in, I was told that i made a duplicate booking for 2 rooms (which I did not and I also only receive a one-time confirmation email for only one room) This was promptly resolve with the reservation manager cancelling the duplicate booking.

However, do not take this cancellation at face value as I learnt from my mistake. When I returned home and checked my bank account, there was indeed a 2nd duplicate charge on me and an email was sent to me indicating a no-show and hence the 100% deduction. I made a call to the hotel and they told me that there is nothing they can do and I should contact the website directly, which at this time, I am still waiting for a response. Not sure if I can ever get my money back.....

Ok, coming back to the room at the hotel. First thing first.... to go up to the room, you need to take the lifts which to my standard, it is extremely sloooooooowwwww...... waited long time for lifts to come to your level. Ok next, room is spacious and clean. Hot showers worked fine so no complains. Pillow a tad too small and soft but bed is decent and had a pretty good night sleep.

Checkout next day is quick too and breakfast is simple and decent.

So overall, I will defintely use this hotel again as a transit as it is defintely value for money. But beware of the website / dbl booking issue if you do not want to go through the hassle of getting refunded

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Overall hotel is ok. Breakfast was good. But during my stay the lift was out of order. Check-in was a pain and slow. Require load of document. Could use some up-lift to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business