“The place was closed...till next 2013”

Ranked #49 of 74 things to do in Johor Bahru
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just to inform that this place has been closed for landscaping and upgrading...so, i went there for nothing. For those want to visit, come back again in 2013. Hope this info will help the visitor like myself.

4  Thank Milky99

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Allah peliharakan sultan...proud to be johore citizen

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Didn't get to go into the museum since it was close due to an upcoming ceremonial event. However, we did get to walk around the garden surrounding the palace, and it's beautiful. There were a lot of wedding photography taking advantage of the location. The entrance to the garden is free. You could just stroll around the garden, enjoy scenery of the waterfront or even go for a jog.

1  Thank syafiqa s
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We are so thankful that this garden is open to the public. Th old folk who suffer from sleep disorders find this a perfect place to start their day. The place is green, the air is fresh and above all it is really safe to walk in the garden even at 4 am. We really wish to thank our ruler for opening this park to the public. Allah Pelihara Sultan.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Visited this place last weekend because malls are boring after awhile. The museum is opened from 7am to 5pm (last tickets are sold at 4). We took a cab and arrived well before 4, but I guess the worker(s) decided to slack and go home earlier as no one would miss them. More of the Malaysian efficiency I've experienced the past few times visiting the country.
However, we were still able to walk about the gardens till 7pm. The gardens are nice and have potential, but nothing is upkept. Still pools of water at the zen garden have mosquito larve swimming in it. We found a nice turtle pond which I'm sure the SPCA would have a heart attack if they saw.
I can't tell you whether or not its worth your time as I didn't get to go in the museum, but if the inside looks anything like the outside, I would give it a miss. If I am reaaallly reaaallly bored one day, i might try to go back to view the whole thing once more.