“well maintained”

and up
Private Tour: Malaysia Johor Bahru Tour from Singapore
Ranked #2 of 66 things to do in Johor Bahru
More attraction details
Owner description: Strategically located in the heart of the city and only a stone's throw from the customs and immigration checkpoint, Johor Bahru City Square stands out as a central landmark in JB. With its more than 200 retailers, it offers a host of fashion, entertainment and restaurants. All catered to wow the senses and satisfy the needs. Rush in when the doors open at 10am for breakfast, then head out and start your shopping adventure of clothes, shoes, bags, trinklets, toiletries, electronic toys. Everything the heart desires. Unique to Johor Bahru City Square is the Inner City, an eclectic mix of smallish fashion and accessory shops plus restaurants housed in a tight, quaint setting. Always a firm favorite of the "NOW" generation. After many hours of shopping, rest the feet in one of the numerous restaurants and cafes or indulge in a soothing foot massage, then go on to treat the rest of the body at a salon.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

maintained by Singapore company every few years some major renovating. Good place to walkabout but bad traffic outside. Might need very long time to find carpark slot during weekend.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Facade looks run down, but once inside everything is very shiny. Some well-known shops alongside smaller retailers. Read some reviews here and thieves were mentioned. We exchange a few hundred Aus dollars, but there were no personal security issues. I liked the variety of shops, except there was no supermarket. We were told there was a small grocery store, but chose not to go. We had dinner at Dragon-i and did leave with some shopping bags.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I were in JB for half a day and of course I had to stop by this place when I saw the huge City Square sign outside. I cant compare this mall to others in the area, but on its own I would say we had a good time. The cinema inside is massive! Just the way we like it. And with five floors of stores and eateries, it was a good place to pass an afternoon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

City Square is not new to me and I frequent this mall very often.

Lately, the mall has completed its renovation and I visited it 2 days back, the layout of the shops looks better and more F&B varieties than before and the mall seems more spacious than before too.

It will still be one of my top choice for shopping mall in JB.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

It is best to arrive earlier if you are driving as they have a lot of parking lots but it is still insufficient.

Also, if you arrive earlier, shorter queue for the movie tickets. Please note that you have to purchase your snacks at counter 1 (movie tickets counters) then redeem it at the snack counter.

I was there at 5 pm on wesak day and I gave up after 30 mins looking for parking. On day I went at 10.15 am and there were still loads of parking. Bought my movie tickets and the were about 25 people ahead of me but when I went past the counter again at 12.45 pm and the queue was literally snaking.

Overall, a typical mall without supermarket or departmental stores as Anchor tenants but there is a small super market if you need to get some basic groceries.

Tip: there is another counter on level 6 and queue is manageable.

We had noodles at AK Noodle shop (next to Sedap Corner). Tasty but a little too salty for me. The good news is thatu dint think they use too much msg as I was not anywhere near thirsty after 2 hours.