“Mixed feelings”

Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I reached the hotel at 4pm. The check in was done in like 10mins but i was told to wait awhile as they are checking on my room. I waited for about 5mins before going over to the reception to ask if my room is ready. The CS said she's checking on it. Meanwhile, she ushered me to the lounge, told me and my family to order some drinks and snacks and my room will be ready in a few minutes. I don't believe a few minutes is all they need so i asked her if it is going to take long, she said no.

We went ahead to order some tea and the CS came back after 5-10minutes time to pass me the key card and told me that the room is ready.

Asked for the bill but was told it was complimentary.

I went up to the room and to my surprise, the housekeeper was still in the room tidying up. For a moment i thought i went to the wrong room so i asked her if that was Room 2326. She said yes and she went on to call i don't know who to find out why was the room release. I waited for a few minutes before i told her i will just go down to the reception to clarify it.

I went to the CS who did my check in and told her i don't know why she gave me that room when the housekeeper was not even done. It seems like it was some kind of miscommunication cos she looked kind of stunned upon hearing what i say. Same thing, she says she will check on it.

I was quite frustrated by then. Cos it was about 430pm and my room was not ready. Check in time supposed to be 2pm isnt it ? My son wasn't feeling well also and we have to loiter around the lobby.

Meanwhile, the CS offered free access to the Club Lounge for cocktail that evening and buffet breakfast for the next morning. I accepted it but i told her i would like to speak to the duty manager as well.

She came back 10minutes later and assured me that my room is ready this time and the duty manager will see me in my room. I said ok and made my way up. Indeed it was done but it was close to 5pm.

Duty manager(Faruk) came shortly. I told him it was disappointing that this has to happen. Traders is more expensive as to compare to the rest of the hotels in JB and I have never experience this in other hotels around Central JB although they are much cheaper. So it does not make sense that i only get my room close to 5pm at Traders. He apologized. Explained that they were fully booked till Sunday(if i remembered correctly) but he added it was of course not a good reason or excuse and it was still their fault.

Faruk offered to buy us dinner that night but i declined as my son wasn't feeling well, so most likely we'll just be in our room ordering room service. He said not a problem, he will make it complimentary for whatever we ordered for room service and told me that if i need any special diet/request for my son, he will try to fulfill it. He also asked if i would like to have late check out tomorrow, he will arrange it for me.

Around 8pm, another DM called to check on my son, to see if he is ok and if there is anything we need. He apologized again for our encounter.

Let's talk about the hotel now.

Room - 2326 (Deluxe Harbour View - SGD223(Room only) from Agoda) View from the room is not bad. Everything that you need from toothbrush, shaver, cotton buds are provided. I think the sound proofing wasn't very good cos i can hear the voices quite clearly if guests are talking outside my room.

Room service - I ordered Penang fried kway tiao to share with my husband and it was actually quite delicious. My son slept all the way till morning.

Breakfast at Club lounge - It was ok. The usually congee, fried rice and so on. It wasn't very crowded at the club lounge. A wide range of tea to choose from (Lychee with rose and almond, Rose with Vanilla, Deejarling and etc). They don't have a live station for eggs but you can order it from the staff(scrambled, hard boil and etc).

Swimming pool - I quite like the pool. There were 3. 1 for kids, 1 is like a jacuzzi pool and the last one is an infinity pool with sunbeds. There's a bar there was well so i guess you can order some snacks and drinks while lazing by the pool.

When i was back in the room, there was a note on the table, from the Manager of Housekeeping(Thanabalan), apologizing again for our experience the day before. Also, they have sent a fruit platter, a box of chocolates and a bottle of red wine to me...... I called Thanabalan to thank him.

That is why i say i have mixed feelings about this hotel.... The delay in getting our room was frustrating but it seems like they are very sincere in salvaging the situation and compensate us as much as they could.

Most likely i will be back cos i like the feeling of the whole place... But i hope i won't have to encounter this again.......

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,707)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My daughter vomited and soiled the beddings(bedsheet & comforter). We ended up changing the bedsheet on our own. Requested for comforter 3 times in 2hrs but never come. Called service center to collect back their in-room dining wares but never come as well. Turned up the aircon to 29deg because we have no comforter but the aircon seem to be at 25deg. We had a cold that night.

1  Thank BreYong
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stay at this hotel with my family during our last trip to LegoLand.

Excellent Service and Facilities, Friendly and helpful staff! Best value for money!

Just next to Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club. Free shuttle to and from LegoLand.

p.s. much better that the LegoLand Hotel XD

Room Tip: Book your shuttle to LegoLand earlier!
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went with my families on 10 April 2014 to celebrates our triple occasions...first step to hotel,we were welcomed by your staff with their warm smile...the check in went smoothly...and once step to room I was surprised with the chic interior looks...really love the ambience and I was surprised too with lovely decorated swans by Liz and Pasha together with chocolates and birthday cake...so sweet...
breakfast was totally superb...same goes to the buffet spread that available only on Friday...five star!! All I can say that I was totally happy and satisfied with the service and the rooms...definitely will return to Traders....

1  Thank Alisya972
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Went with my families on 10 April 2014 to celebrate our triples occasions...2 birthday celebration and anniversary...first step to the hotel,we were welcomed by your friendly staffs with their warm smile.....the check in went smoothly and i was suprised to see the modern chic look interior design room,its totaly awesome!!...all i can say is thumbs up and five stars to you guys...really hope to return back to Traders johor bahru soon!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Noorliza D
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited JB on good friday. After a very unpleasant experience at the tuas link immigration( took 3-4 hrs to clear customs due to the crowd), we finally reached puteri harbour trader hotel at 4pm. To my horror, the room was not ready even though we have indicated that we are expected to reach the hotel around 12noon. To compensate us, the receptionist then invited gave us an early check in card ( is that a joke?) and invited us to go to the lobby lounge for drinks and food at our expense. What a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Joanna L
Reviewed April 16, 2014

good location, excellent service….free shuttle to legoland , very nice location with the harbour view , nice place to go for a walk ,good breakfast lots of food choices, close to Hello kitty but nothing special to see,