Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
$40
Agoda.com
J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$18
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$78
$56
$73
$71
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
$87
$72
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$26
$25
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$34
$30
Priceline
$441
  • Breakfast included
1,077 results
All reviewsthe club loungewan lipasir gudangchinese restaurantaeon malldim sumbreakfast buffetwelcome drinkjunior suitefive star hotelmain restaurantbusiness tripservice levelspecial thankssataynight marketf b
Reviewed March 17, 2014

A nice and quiet getaway spot outside of Johor Bahru city. Hotel is well maintained and the staff are just exceptional especially those in the Club Lounge led by Navigator Mohammad Faizal. Two excellent restaurants - one international and one Chinese - with reasonably priced menus. Well-equipped gym with an inviting pool. Not much to do in the vicinity so transport will be needed for decent shopping in the bigger malls.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chrispstan
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

It cannot be more happier for me to read such a kind review of yours regarding your recent stay with Renaissance Johor Bahru. I am delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable. Our Club Lounge and the team has been dedicated to bring up the excellence spirit to serve. I am glad to know that our services and facilities was up to your expectations and that we were able to amazed you with a wonderful experience of living life to discover.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it’s appreciated. Until we meet again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a great hotel. Staff can not do enough for you. From the time you check in you fell you are the most inportant person to them. After your first breakfast they all know your name and also what you want for breakfast the next day from that day on there is no need to order any think as it is there for you as you need it.. hotel is clean and very well lay out.. Modern room with a nice TV. Nice swimming pool which is not to busy. 24hr gym. Can not state enough how friendly and genuine the staff are.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason B

Dear Guest,

Your happiness is our pleasure. I am glad that your stay with us was enjoyable and knowing that our team were able to provide a genuine service in a gracious way is also delightful to read. Thank you for marking our bedroom, our swimming pool and our hotel in general, it is good to know that our property in many aspects fit perfertly to accommodate your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and also welcoming more guests as a result of reading your review of Renaissance Johor Bahru.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Given that my trips are frequent to Johor it has been a joy to regularly stay at the Renaissance. The service is exceptional and the rooms are modern and clean. The staff is courteous and eager to serve your every need. For those who have access to the club lounge you will be especially pleased. Zayed and his staff are very attentive and treat you like family. The area surrounding the hotel has a variety of restaurants to choose from in addition to the AEON shopping center - all within walking distance. For those who start their day early, breakfast is served beginning at 6AM and the well-equipped fitness room is open 24/7.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Johor Bahru.

Room Tip: For those who desire club access I would recommend a room on the 16th floor which is where it is located. The pool side terrance rooms are tailored for swimmers (tile and large bathroom) but do not have an office desk. If you wish to have one you will need a standard room and I would recommend the building side that faces Singapore.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a WOW experience every time you stay with us. I am pleased that you choose our property as your second “home” in Johor Bahru and that you enjoyed our staff’s hospitality that treat you like a family. I will pass your comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for marking our bedroom and our location and to recommending it to our future travelers on TripAdvisor. It is truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent and wonderful moments at Renaissance Johor Bahru.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just returned from legoland and a short hotel stay at renaissance. My second time with this hotel. Booked this hotel as it's relatively new although it's about a 45 mins drive to legoland.

Good:
1. Staff are friendly and efficient.
2. Carpark is manned by security guards all the time (at least until 1am) so you feel safe parking your car.
3. Breakfast is nice. A lot of variety and I love the juice station. It really saves the hassle of searching for breakfast with kids (2 and 5 yo) early in the morning. My son loves the idea of filling up juice in his lego water bottle for his legoland trip.
4. Surrounding area has many massage parlor within walking distance so you can have a nice massage after a long day. Also there is a BR coffee shop that sells a wide variety of local delicacies. Recommended food to try: roast pork and char siew, herbal soup, satay.

Lack:
1. Bath-tub
2. Pool is too small
3. Somehow after my first visit, they removed the need to insert your room card in the lift to access your room floor. Felt a bit unsafe.
4. Some parts of the hotel exterior are dimly lit or very dark. I thought they can add some lighting outside to make walking back from supper a bit safer.

Overall my family enjoyed the stay and we are looking forward to another stay at renaissance.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property as your preferred accommodation in Johor Bahru. We are pleased that you coming back to stay with us for the second time and hopefully we will be your permanent ‘house’ every time you visiting Johor Bahru.

I am glad knowing that our team were able to wow you and family during your stay with us, even to go with details to provide you with a warm service like home. Thank you for marking our security service, our breakfast and our location. In regards of your remark on the bath tub, we would like to inform that our Deluxe Room is provided with standing shower, however bath tub is provided in other type of room above it. The concern to apply guest room key to access the lift is brought up to provide security to every of our in house guest. This has been implemented since the past six months and it proven to give safety in the mind of our value guests. Thank you for your suggestion on the pool size and hotel exterior. I will surely forward this to the team so they can take the necessary to improve those areas in the future.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Look forward to host you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had a one week excellent stay in the hotel, but I was surprised that there is a hair dryer in the bathroom but no power (110/220V) outlet for your electric shaver or tooth brush. There was also some "noise problems" because having a shower (perhaps only room 915) caused some incredible sounds from the drains. In the next room the alarm clock went ON twice at 04:40 and did wake up to the sound, as there was a connecting door (poor insulation?) to room 916. After 10 minutes I did call the reception and alarm went OFF in 5 minutes. A problem for me in Malaysia is the thick pillows they have, so believe it or not, I had my own pillow with me, as the hotel does not have a selection of pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Tom,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, it is also rather sad to know that there were so many issues during your stay.

Depending on all the different problems, from the sounds of the drains to the poor insulation between the connecting rooms that waken you up on your sleep the early morning. I can understand your disappointment on this issues therefore please accept our since apology for those inconveniences you encountered. Rest assured that I will forward all these remarks to the respective departments, so they can resolve these issues before your next visit.

As for pillows selection, we do provide a firmer pillow as optional upon request. I would suggest you to put this option as a special remark on your next booking so we can prepare one that comfortable for you.

We hope to see you soon and until then, have a lovely weekend.

Best regards,