Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
$40
Agoda.com
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$30
$23
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$76
  • Restaurant
$87
$84
Agoda.com
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$34
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$26
$20
Agoda.com
J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$25
$23
1,083 results
All reviewsthe club loungewan lipasir gudangchinese restaurantaeon malldim sumbreakfast buffetwelcome drinkjunior suitefive star hotelmain restaurantbusiness tripservice levelspecial thankssataynight marketf b
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Location
It is located about 15 minutes drive to/from JB depending on the traffic. I like the fact that it is away from the busy town centre of JB. However due to the location, it is best if you drive your own car so that you can easily move around. Jusco Permas is nearby, about 15-20 minutes walking distance. There is also a McD around the corner.

Parking
Unlike certain hotels that has a rather cramped parking space, the parking here is quite spacious, easy for you to navigate your car around the bend/ramp. So if you drive a big car such as an SUV or something similar, you should not need to worry. The covered parking is free for guest, all you have to do is validate your ticket at the reception.

Check in
My check in was quick, I was greeted by Jessica who is very helpful and always smiling. A definite plus point for a front desk staff. My entire request; bedding, floor, room location are met with the help from Jessica. I was also given a complimentary drink while checking in which I find very nice and thoughtful of the hotel towards guest.

Room
It is a new hotel, so everything looks fresh and new. I like the fact that the concept of the hotel and the rooms are modern concept. The room is quite spacious compared to other business hotel. The room and bathroom are both clean, bedding and towels are stain free. Electrical appliances such as kettle, bedside clock, hair dryer are branded and of good quality. Toilet amenities also include toothbrush and shaver.

Facilities
Swimming pool is of 1.4m depth, good enough for average Asian like me. There is also a wading pool of 0.5m depth for the kids. The equipments inside the gym are state of the art with touch screen where you can watch TV program as you exercise. Better bring your own earphones as the headphones provided are used by many. However I did notice that every time a guest finished using any equipment the staff on duty there will wipe clean it afterwards, another plus point to ensure that is hygienic for the next user.

Breakfast
The buffet breakfast selection is great. I especially like the tosai. They provide a mix of local and western food. Table is also quickly cleared once you have finished your food. In fact on my 2nd day they cleared my table completely including the utensils while I was away at the food counter taking desserts. It is kind of annoying when you get back to your table only to find out they have cleared it completely. It almost feels like you are being ushered to finish your breakfast session. But they quickly rectify this by providing me with new utensils and tea, so it is okay.

Staff
Almost all the staff here is always smiling and eager to greet you. After my check in and as I was settling down in my room I received a call from the front desk asking if everything is OK. Have to say I am quite pleased by this proactive act by the hotel, two thumbs up. It really makes you feel welcomed and appreciated.

On the other hand, the key card for the lifts and my room is rather fiddly. It takes quite a number of times before you can make it work. I hope if there is truly a problem with the key card system, the management should do something about it because it can be quite frustrating, especially if there are many people inside the lifts, trying to get to diff floors yet having the same difficulty at the same time. Apart from this problem everything is good and I would not hesitate to choose this hotel again should I have business errands in Pasir Gudang area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your splendid experience with us and giving feedback on how to improve our hotel. I am delighted to know that our hotel has met your needs in many different aspects, such as the facilities, the parking, room and staff and so on. I will forward your positive comments to our ambassadors, and with your support, they will definitely be motivated to serve you better.

Regarding the key card, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will also pass this message to our Engineering team so that they can verify this problem and ensure it never happens again.

To read that you would be visiting us again on your next business trip to Pasir Gudang, is indeed very wonderful news! Henceforth, I wish you safe travels ahead and we look forward to seeing you again.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

As a Marriott Rewards member, I tend to try to stay in Marriott group hotels when I can. The Renaissance doesn't disappoint and is worthy of its 4 star rating. It is modern, clean and with very good service.

On the plus side, the breakfast was well presented and perfect to kick start the working day. The rooms are large in comparison to most similar hotels and very comfortable.

On the negative side, I took 2 hours to find it, as my GPS couldn't locate the address. My fault, as I hadn't uploaded the latest version, but as this is a new hotel in a new part of town, it doesn't appear in old GPS software. If you travel there by car, input the co-ordinates before you leave or upload the latest version of the software. Also, I had to pay a RM30 fine as I lost my parking ticket. I can see why this is necessary for non-staying guests, but I completely fail to see why this was necessary for someone staying in the hotel - parking is supposed to be free, and my losing my ticket caused the hotel no additional cost.

By the way, it is not in the centre of town and is better located for those doing business in the Pasir Gudang area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Sir,

It is such a pleasure to hear from our Marriott Rewards member and I would like to thank you for your time in writing such a great review about our hotel. It is wonderful to know that we have met your expectations as part of the Marriott group hotels.

As Permas Jaya is a small town not far from the city center, our Navigators could ease your journey here by directing you to the hotel. We would be happy to assist you.

It was also disappointing to hear that our staff charged you for the parking ticket. I believe it was a mistake and I truly apologize. However rest assured that I have forwarded your remark to the team to make sure such incident will not happen again in the future.

Our aim is to provide you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel is very clean and staff are nice as expected. The location of the hotel is not for an tourist. It take RM30 from the border and RM50+ to the Larkin bus terminal (heavy traffic).
Since we are not interested in LEGOLAND or shopping, we rested at the hotel.

The food in one of two restaurants is ok but price was RM68+10 % service charge + tax. Service was good but the taste was not for us. Chinese Restaurant Li was good in taste and price. Saw some tourist came in with bus load. It is very good hotel except the location.

Room Tip: We didn't look for it but there is some fast food chains around the corner. If I knew, I will look for it after the first meal at the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don B
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Don,

Thank you very much for writing a meaningful review about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our ambassadors and the environment in the hotel is to your liking,

Unfortunately, it was sad to hear that the taste of our food in Cafe BLD was not to your satisfaction. Please rest assured that I will forward this remark to our culinary team so that they can take necessary actions to improve.

I have to agree that our location is not the perfect place for tourist. However, I believe that Johor Bahru has the potential to develop into an exciting, bustling city in a few years. Maybe in the future, instead of Legoland, there would be more for you to see!

Lastly, I am grateful that you took time to give us feedback. With your support, we will definitely strive to improve our service is all aspects.

On that note, we look forward to see you again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

this hotel is modern clean and has all that you need for a business trip. rooms are nice and comfortable. this hotel is also a good local hangout in weekends thus little crowded on these days. staff is good and helpful. hotel has got plenty of food options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your supportive comments for our hotel. It is indeed wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am pleased to hear that our hotel, in every aspect, are to your expectations.

We look forward to your having you as our guests again and it will be our pleasure to serve you.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Excellent service and great value - glad to have found my favorite hotel in JB for business trips.

Impeccable service from the point of making a room reservation (Mr. Prakash and Ms Asniza), check-in (Mr. Sham) to the little extras that make your stay more comfortable. Thanks Johan and Faizal!

Comfy room, sufficient lighting and well appointed fit-outs.
Lookout for the croissants at BLD Cafe - one of the best I've had!

Room for improvement - I was bitten by mozzies (spotted just outside the R Bar area) early this morning just before check-out. All in all a great hotel.

Would stay here again and there's so much potential for this establishment to be the best of the best in JB!

1  Thank meltizzle

Dear Guest,

It has been a delight to hear that you have chosen us as your ideal hotel for your business trips in Johor Bahru. I am more than excited to be having you on board in the future, and I am certain that our ambassadors will be looking forward to your arrival once again.

Also, thank you for regarding our food in Cafe BLD as one of the best, we are very happy that our meals were able to satisfy your cravings. On that note, I would like to apologize for the mosquitos that you encountered. During this season, they seem to be unavoidable but rest assured we are trying our best to clear them out of the hotel with the necessary pest controls set in place.

Lastly, many thanks for taking time to write this great review about us, I truly appreciate it.

With warm regards and safe travels ahead,