1,100 results
All reviewsthe club loungewan lipasir gudangchinese restaurantaeon malldim sumbreakfast buffetjunior suitewelcome drinkfive star hotelmain restaurantbusiness tripservice levelspecial thanksbirthday cakenight marketsatay
Reviewed February 21, 2014

this hotel is modern clean and has all that you need for a business trip. rooms are nice and comfortable. this hotel is also a good local hangout in weekends thus little crowded on these days. staff is good and helpful. hotel has got plenty of food options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your supportive comments for our hotel. It is indeed wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am pleased to hear that our hotel, in every aspect, are to your expectations.

We look forward to your having you as our guests again and it will be our pleasure to serve you.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Excellent service and great value - glad to have found my favorite hotel in JB for business trips.

Impeccable service from the point of making a room reservation (Mr. Prakash and Ms Asniza), check-in (Mr. Sham) to the little extras that make your stay more comfortable. Thanks Johan and Faizal!

Comfy room, sufficient lighting and well appointed fit-outs.
Lookout for the croissants at BLD Cafe - one of the best I've had!

Room for improvement - I was bitten by mozzies (spotted just outside the R Bar area) early this morning just before check-out. All in all a great hotel.

Would stay here again and there's so much potential for this establishment to be the best of the best in JB!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank meltizzle

Dear Guest,

It has been a delight to hear that you have chosen us as your ideal hotel for your business trips in Johor Bahru. I am more than excited to be having you on board in the future, and I am certain that our ambassadors will be looking forward to your arrival once again.

Also, thank you for regarding our food in Cafe BLD as one of the best, we are very happy that our meals were able to satisfy your cravings. On that note, I would like to apologize for the mosquitos that you encountered. During this season, they seem to be unavoidable but rest assured we are trying our best to clear them out of the hotel with the necessary pest controls set in place.

Lastly, many thanks for taking time to write this great review about us, I truly appreciate it.

With warm regards and safe travels ahead,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a relatively new hotel and though not a super star hotel but certain a super star service by staff from top floor club Lounge to bottom/ground floor reservations, check in counter and BLD Restaurant. Foods were comprehensive and good at both club lounge and BLD Restaurants, More importantly, the services provided by the club lounge staff were meticulous, went extra miles to fulfill guests' needs and served with a passion. This was done possible through the Club Manager who manages an "A" Team.This also included the Assistant Reservation Manager and Duty Manager who ensure our checking in and different needs were being fulfilled.
Well Done. I will never hesitate to recommend to any readers, friends and colleagues and will sure to make a comeback.
To the hotel and staff, you are simply the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review of your time spent at Renaissance Johor Bahru. On behalf of the Management and all the Ambassadors, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and to take care of you and your friends. I am happy to know that our property in many aspects fit perfectly to accommodate your needs. So to know that our team were able to provide a genuine service in a gracious way during your stay with us, is also wonderful to read.

Your comment regarding our staff’s hospitality is very essential to help us in developing our people, indeed it is really appreciated. With your support and encouragements, I am certain they will serve better in the future.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for recommending our hotel to your friends and colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back home and to have the opportunity to offer you the same level of personalized and distinctive service that you so clearly enjoyed.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have had the pleasure to stay at this hotel on 3 different trips to JB and have enjoyed each stay. The staff is wonderful and professional. The rooms are clean, beds are new.

It is located just a short distance off of the expressway... very easy to access, near shopping and food/entertainment. Golf course right across the road.

I can only say one thing about this hotel that I don't care for... that is the breakfast buffet. There is a huge variety of very average food. It is cheap so perhaps that is the problem. For a Sunday morning breakfast buffet i would gladly pay a lot more to get top quality meats, fresh made fried eggs (they do this but the queue is way too long), .....etc. The indian food selection was pitiful, fresh prata but nothing to go with it.

Room Tip: Take a room at club level.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this rave review of our property. We are delighted that your stay with the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel was enjoyable. Thank you for particularly marking about our staff, our room and our location.

I am sorry to hear that our buffet was not able to meet your expectation. I will forward your remark to the Chef so he can look into the improvement of the buffet. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Live Life to Discover.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a new hotel in excellent condition, it is very typical of a modern 4 star hotel. The staff are very helpful. It is a way out of town but the roads are good and generally fast except at rush hour. The things to watch out for are the expensive parking, when there is ample free parking around the hotel and the extortionate internet fees of 20 ringit for 1 hour or 50 per day. A tip here is to join marriot rewards and then the internet is free

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review of our property. I am particularly thank you for marking our staff’s hospitality and our location.

Guests who stay in our property are entitled for a complimentary in-house parking. Internet usage is chargeable for guest who book with our benchmark rate. If you are our corporate or our Marriot member, the internet will be complimentary for the rooms. However our internet is complimentary basis in the Lobby area, all you need to do is switch on your wifi and login to get to start surfing.

I would like to encourage you to join our Marriott Reward Member for free. By becoming our member, you will enjoy member benefits and exclusive offers in more than 3600 Marriott properties around the world. If you are interested to join our Marriott Reward Member, I would like to invite you on your next visit to our property to meet our Front Office agent, who will be delighted to assist you on the application.

Thank you again for staying with us and for recommending it to our future travelers on TripAdvisor. It is really appreciated. I look forward to warmly welcoming you back soon on board.

Live Life to Discover.