1,098 results
All reviewsthe club loungewan lipasir gudangchinese restaurantaeon malldim sumbreakfast buffetjunior suitewelcome drinkfive star hotelmain restaurantbusiness tripservice levelspecial thanksbirthday cakenight marketsatay
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a new hotel in excellent condition, it is very typical of a modern 4 star hotel. The staff are very helpful. It is a way out of town but the roads are good and generally fast except at rush hour. The things to watch out for are the expensive parking, when there is ample free parking around the hotel and the extortionate internet fees of 20 ringit for 1 hour or 50 per day. A tip here is to join marriot rewards and then the internet is free

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review of our property. I am particularly thank you for marking our staff’s hospitality and our location.

Guests who stay in our property are entitled for a complimentary in-house parking. Internet usage is chargeable for guest who book with our benchmark rate. If you are our corporate or our Marriot member, the internet will be complimentary for the rooms. However our internet is complimentary basis in the Lobby area, all you need to do is switch on your wifi and login to get to start surfing.

I would like to encourage you to join our Marriott Reward Member for free. By becoming our member, you will enjoy member benefits and exclusive offers in more than 3600 Marriott properties around the world. If you are interested to join our Marriott Reward Member, I would like to invite you on your next visit to our property to meet our Front Office agent, who will be delighted to assist you on the application.

Thank you again for staying with us and for recommending it to our future travelers on TripAdvisor. It is really appreciated. I look forward to warmly welcoming you back soon on board.

Live Life to Discover.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My reservations,check-ins,were all smooth.
The rooms are ok,though I would like some additional charging points.Bed and pillows were clean and comfortable.
Had to call housekeeping for some missing toletories and would have liked to have a quicker service.Had to call twice.
Food was good.Breakfast buffet was wholesome.
All in all,it's been a pleasant experience.Staff were courteous.Some improvements for sure .
Noticed two staff kinda arguing during breakfast.A senior staff telling the junior one that it's her job and stuff.Well,guests were all over.
They do have enough counters,but sadly,during the peak cheak out time only 2 were operational.There were delays,which could have been avoided.
Location wise,it's very close to the highway.Close to local food joints,pubs,massage parlours,McD's,karoake etc.just be a little careful at the back alley access to these places,since it's dark and not lit.

Room Tip: There aint much a view.You would get to see the jetty and the sea from top floors.Room# 917-921 had good views,I believe.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your kind and generous review of Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel. I am happy to know that our property in many aspects fit perfectly to accommodate your needs. Your comments regarding our staffs and our hotel in general were greatly appreciated. Thank you for particularly marking about our bedroom and our breakfast buffet and for recommending it to our future travelers on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear about the missing toiletries and our staff behavior in the BLD. I will forwarded your remark to the Heads of department to make sure the things won’t happen again in the future. Do apologize for the inconveniences.

As our guest, we expect you to enjoy familiar comforts and having the opportunity to explore something new that will turn your holiday into a wonderful experience. I am glad that you found our location convenient to meet the local discoveries. I would like to invite you on your next visit to our property to experienced our Navigator who will be delighted to introduce you to find more of delightful discoveries around Johor Bahru city.

I hope your travel back was a good one and I look forward to welcoming you back soon on board.

Live Life to Discover.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

To the Management,

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service which I received during my stay at the Renaissance hotel Johor on 1st February 2014.

We had a long drive from the massive traffic at the causeway from Singapore to Johor and by the time we arrived for the check-in at the hotel at noon, We had to wait for almost 3 hours for our rooms. To make the matter worst, our daughter is unwell and still in the state of recovering from her fever and we are tired from waiting at the lobby with our sick child together with our elderly parents.

"Mr Prakash" the duty manager were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for his excellent customer service. Knowing that we had a long wait, he was kind enough of bringing us to the club lounge while waiting for our rooms to be ready and indeed it helps so much as for our daughter to have a proper rest there.

As for "Miss Nabila Huda" (Bell), was kind enough to find out from Mr Prakash for us to extend our check-out time the next day after she learned that we had to wait for almost 3 hours to get our rooms.

Kudos to you and your staff for making our stay a great one - we will definitely be staying with the Renaissance hotel again and would definitely recommend the hotel to my friends and relatives.

Regards,
Maya Singapore

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear such positive comments about our hotel ambassadors, in which I need to thank you for taking the time to compliment them . With your generous feedback, I am certain they would be encouraged to serve better in the future.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the long wait. It must have been frustrating to go through a traffic jam and yet having to wait for your rooms to be ready. I am glad that Prakash and his team were able to provide assistance, after recognizing that your daughter was not feeling well. I do hope she’s feeling better now.

We are very much thankful for your kind comments and we would be delighted to have you as our guests again.

Until then, have a lovely evening.

With warm regards,

Marc Cosyns

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Brought friends from HK for 2day 1night trip. All enjoyed! Club Lounge service staff were was so warm & helpful. Food have improved over the past 1yr with more variety & much tasty too. Nice, quiet place for a short getaway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessie T

Dear Ms. Jessie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. I am, indeed pleased to hear that our hotel ambassadors have taken good care of you and your friends and the food at our hotel have significantly improved.

Once again, I am grateful for your kind words and we look forward to providing you with another unique experience when you visit again.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Cosyns “

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Duty manager - Ms. Liana which on duty on 1st February 2014 is very rude. Late to provide room for 2 hours yet refuse to apologise. Just explaining rooms are full on previous day which are not our problems.
When we ask her to write to us for apologising but she just walked away without any answer. This is how A Manager works in your hotel?

• Stayed: February 2014
11  Thank chliew
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Mr. Liew,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback during your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel. It has definately came to my attention that the service level we strive for was not delivered to you and your family.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of ambassadors are always ready to assist to ensure your stay with us is a pleasant and memorable one.

Please rest assured that we have taken the necessaries measures and had spoken to the ambassador which handled your situation.

Once again, we like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

With warm regards and safe travels ahead,

Marc Cosyns