“Legoland + Legoland Waterpark = Heaven and Hell”
Review of Legoland Malaysia

Ranked #1 of 68 things to do in Johor Bahru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Going to Legoland and the Legoland Waterpark is pretty much like being in heaven and hell at the same time. Heaven is of course for Lego fans, especially the kids, will absolutely love the rides, displays, etc. No need to explain how awesome this place is.

However, the place can be hell when the sun is up. It gets insanely hot, unless it's raining, which will not help either as there are not much shelters where you can seek refuge.

So here are some tips for Legoland in no particular order to make your visit pleasant =)

- Come early. My family (4 kids, Wifey and helper) reached there at around 10.30 am and it was already scorching hot. Also do not come during the weekends. We went there on a Tuesday during the Nov school holidays. There were quite a number of people. But we only had to wait 5-10 minutes for each ride so that's good enough for us.

- Parking. I have no idea where to park, so I parked at the Medini Mall area where they charge RM$9 for the whole day. Try to park nearer to the entrance if possible.

- Make sure you have a hearty breakfast/meal before you come in as food is very expensive in there. We had a huge breakfast at our hotel (Traders, awesome hotel! Stay there!) before we left for Legoland. The good thing is that they do not check your bags at the entrance so you can bring your own food and drinks. The day before I bought tons of biscuits, snacks, drinks, etc from the local supermarket cos I know the kids will be thirsty and hungry so that saved me some money haha! Oh make sure the kids bring their own water bottles filled with plain water!

- Attire. I guess the best attire would be dri-fit t-shirts, bermudas and slippers due to the heat. There is one particular ride that will leave you soaking wet so the above mentioned outfit would come in handy. Also bring a poncho for the wet rides and also a small umbrella. Trust me, the umbrella would be your best friend in both the heat and rain.

- Height limit. There is a height limit for most of the rides, so my 3 year old son was unable to ride some of the rides. Therefore it would be good if your kids are slightly older when they visit Legoland. Preferably 4 or 5 years and above.

We bought the combo tickets so we were able to visit the waterpark on the same day. We ended visiting the theme park at around 2pm. But it rained so we had to wait at a small restaurant near the Lego Technic ride. We entered the water park at around 3pm. Here are some pointers to take note.

- Bring your own towels! You have to buy a towel there for RM$20 with an additional refundable deposit of RM$20. So total is RM$40 for a towel. I forgot about the towels, so I ended up buying only 1 towel at the gift shop and everyone shared that 1 towel LOL!

- We did not use their locker system as my wife did not swim so she took care of our belongings. I think you have to pay for their lockers, not sure how much though.

- Make sure you get your kids, especially young girls, to change IN THE CHANGING ROOM/TOILET and not in the locker area! I saw many irresponsible parents asking their kids to change at the locker area in the presence of other people.

- Pray for clear skies. We only spent about an hour and a half when the skies turned dark. Then the thunders came and that long whistle blow from the lifeguards means that is the end of your visit there. If it was not raining, the park would be equally awesome. The kids and adults alike would really love it! Infact we're going to come back next year just for the water park and maybe stay at the Legoland Hotel during the March school holidays.

- Bring your sunscreen for obvious reasons. Leave your floats and what not at home. The water park is awesome enough. Oh and don't forget your goggles!

So remember to drink lots of water and pray for good weather and your trip to Legoland theme/water park would be a blast!

20  Thank Matno_Rohdiansteien
Write a ReviewReviews (5,391)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"an umbrella"
in 73 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

We had lower expectation on the theme park since we heard there wasn't much things to do. However, it was wrong! We were travelling with kids, aged 2 & 5yrs. Double / Single strollers are available for rent. Imagination (Duplo) area are more suitable for younger kids, while most of the other rides are suitable for my elder kid. There are both outdoor and indoor activities for each area. Queue was short (almost no queue) so it was great. But there is a ride with just four cars working, so was wondering if the crowd picked up, how can it handle? Since it's Christmas period, there are a few stage shows (but no Live Santa?) We also visited the water theme park which was also the plus point to our visit. The water playground was fun for both of my kids. Overall, 1.5 days wasn't enough for us since the kids need to recharge their energy from noon nap.. Wish we could be there for one more day or the park can consider to extend the rides / water play to 1-2hrs.. Apart from that, we do hope that there are a few more stage shows or live bands around the park which could make the environment livelier. Do expect unpredictable weather (scorching heat / heavy thunderstorm) and plan your trip accordingly. Some rides & waterpark is closed during heavy rain and tickets are not refundable. Food in the park is acceptable (not great) but do expect higher pricing. a bottle of mineral water (500ml) cost at RM3.

5  Thank ReneeMsia
Reviewed December 7, 2014

Me and my sisters went there from KL. We spent around 4 hours in legoland and the rest of the time for the waterpark!. I will go there again!. We took many pictures and I think people should spend two days if they wanna go to waterpark. One day is definitely not enough as you will take a lot of pictures in legoland. We went there on weekday and there were not many people.

1  Thank G C
Reviewed December 6, 2014

Fun, and very very well designed for kids aged 4-12. The rides will cater to most kids taller than 110cm. Only 3-4 rides require your kid to be taller than 120cm.
My favourites were the dragon roller coaster ride, and the juniour driving school.

The brickshop is most certainly the most interesting to an adult Lego Enthusiast. The wet park is quite small, but the activities there are fun for the whole family.

My kid w

2  Thank Kelvin_penang
See more reviews
Reviewed December 6, 2014

The park size and the plays/rides that it offer was rather limited compared to other theme park, especially if compared to the 'nearby' Universal Studio Singapore, but it was quite adequate for a day visit and it does cater for young kids and few attraction for big kids. For avid lego and Star Wars fan, the visit to the Star Wars Miniland is a must.

Been in equatorial area, expect the place to be hot and humid. One could be drenching sweating under the direct hot sun. So perhaps alternating between indoor and outdoor (and also with some water sport game) will help to get away, for awhile, from the burning sun.

When we were there, there wasn't that many visitor. So there were hardly any queue for the ride/game. We were even able to have a continouos ride on the roller coster (without need to re queue). And that really an experience that couldn't be found in other theme park, but of cause it was not a school holiday that time.

1  Thank Nik71