“A hot though fun day”

Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A hot though fun day”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My son is a huge Lego fan so this is our third legoland visit. One in California then Orlando then this. So we knew what to expect in terms of the rides, shops and activities but we didn't expect the heat. We're from Manila so we are used to the heat but the day we went it was like we were being baked ! If only they could put a canopy ( like the one in universal studios Singapore ) even just over the minivans it will be a great help. For now my tip is put on non sticky sunscreen, bring your shades, bring umbrellas, misting spray, fans and lots of shirts for your kids so they can change. Oh before that let me mention that if youre coming from singapore it would be good to book your bus tickets and park tickets online . We went to the WTS tour service at the Singapore flyer area at 7 am as we were advised by friends but the only available bus ride was at 1030 am so tip is book online so you get the earlier bus . We were lucky though slots opened at 9 am. Don't forget your passports as well and get arrival cards from the WTS office . The travel time from Singapore is 1.5 hours only because you have to go through Singapore and Malaysia immigration. The lines could be long depending on the time of day. At legoland, the rides are all ok depending on your child's age. There's something for each age group. The shops are well stocked . My husband said though that they don't have the latest Lego . The restaurants are ok. Food is not so expensive . Average cost is 10 RM roughly 3 USD per meal. If you have kids above 7 they will surely enjoy the activities at the Lego Mindstorms Academy . Book this as soon as you get to the park as the slots are limited. Basically robot programming activities which my 9 year old enjoyed immensely. It's aircon too so it was a good rest from the heat as well. The restaurants are cold and cold drinks and fruits available in most areas . It would be good to bring your water bottles that can keep cold water. Scout the restaurants as they serve different kinds of food . ( the map indicates this ) my son also enjoyed the driving academy . He even got a license after :) . Legoland Malaysia is similar to the others we've been to if only they can find a way to make it more comfortable , cooler that is.
One day is enough to enjoy the attractions. Oh and they have a legoland hotel coming in 2014.

2 Thank JVGermar_MD

• Vietnamese first
Batangas City, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“This Attraction Is Sooo Hot!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

And I mean that in the most literal sense of the word! Prepare to sweat it out or get drenched supposing a rain shower comes and believe me they do. We lived in Malaysia for a time and there are really two distinct weather patterns, hot and rainy. The park sprawls through a huge area and there aren't any trees or covered walkways to give shade or shelter. They should really consider this as a priority item to correct. As it stands, people have to go to either the air-conditioned food outlets, shops or the few attractions that are indoors, to get away from the stifling heat and humidity.

My family and I went last Sunday, May 12th and from previous reviews apparently we got lucky and missed the power outage on May 10th and the crowds on the 11th. The crowds were manageable on the day we went and we rarely had to queue longer than 5 minutes, if at all, for any of the attractions. I must say though that generally the park is more appropriate for kids 10 years old and below. Older kids would have very little to keep them interested.

The food, drinks and souvenir items are all quite expensive. I would say Western level pricing rather than South East Asian. A combo meal at the Market Restaurant for an adult costs 25 or so ringgit for soup, pasta or pizza and a cold drink. The quality certainly does not justify the price. I would say this type of pricing is quite common in such theme parks but somehow given the location, I would have thought they would temper the prices a little bit since operating costs I would expect would be lower. I was wrong so just be aware.

We went to Legoland via Singapore and took the WTS bus from the Singapore Flyer mainly for convenience. The return fare was pricey at 25 SGD each, compared to 20 SGD as mentioned in the Legoland website, which I was told was the price for off peak (i.e. weekdays) days. Compared to the alternative however of going to Jurong East or Boon Lay to catch public transport using the Causeway Link buses, we still felt much more at ease to pay the higher price. We departed Singapore on the 9 AM departure and arrived at Legoland around 10:30 AM. We thought we would stay all the way until the park closed at 8 PM but by 6 PM we were all hot and tired and there wasn't much we had not covered. We thought we would take the chance to ride on the 6:15 PM bus back to Singapore but though we caught the bus in time and there was still space, somehow we weren't let on and had to wait another hour for the next bus. I suppose better transport options is another key item to address.

I don't think we'll be back to Legoland Malaysia anytime soon. My kids are already above the age level the park caters to and to be honest even if they were still within that 10 year and younger age group, I still would not come back given all the hassles mentioned above.

6 Thank RRGT
Singapore, Singapore
“very fun”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

so much fun i enjoy exploring legoland malaysia specially my family,we play and enjoy all the rides,1 day is not enough,but we will come back there again...we enjoy our holiday....

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Legoland - A Work In Progress”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Yes Legoland is a worldwide brand name but in Malaysia it is still a work in progress. After a recent visit it seemed pretty obvious that it was opened with a planned expansion in mind & this is evident with lots of building works ongoing around its periphery.

However this is not to degenerate what is already open because some of it is pretty awesome, especially Miniland which I really appreciated.

As has been said numerous times in previous reviews here there is a distinct lack of shaded areas & I cannot make my mind up whether this is an oversight or it was neglected to expediate opening to satisfy investors/banks seeking a return on their investment.

There are so many opinions mentioning the lack of shaded areas that I find it inconceivable that Legoland management will not address this at some time in the future.

Ok, as theme parks go Legoland is not a world beater yet, but it does have a large expansion space to utilise & it will be how Legoland uses this space that will eventually define Legoland's status as a fantastic leisure experience or another also ran theme park.

Using my first visit as a basis I enjoyed many of the rides including the project X roller coaster & I would recommend Legoland as a good family day out, not brilliant yet but it could be.

I also found this interesting about legoland

bandung
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Queue”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Basically the attractions were great except for 2 things:
1. the queue took almost 10 times longer than the actual play time (you have to wait for 60 mins to enjoy a 6 mins ride)
2. the very annoying thing is when it's your turn on the queue and the operator told you that you have to wait for another 30 mins due to technical issue with the ride (which happened to us). I think some kind of compensation should be given, considering most visitors are travelling with little children.

We also saw how some of the staffs working outdoors were overloaded and losing their service attitude.

With the hot weather one day and heavy rainfall in the other day, I think Legoland should provide more trees for shading, more roofed path to connect one place to another, and more place for visitors to take shelter.

Visited March 2013