“Legoland”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Legoland”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visited with my son, an 7-year-old.

We spent the day at Legoland on Wednesday 19/12/12, The drive from Melaka was about 2.30 hours.

We arrived at the park around 11.15am and there were still lots of parking lots reasonable close to the park entrance. Throughout the day, we did not wait more than 10-30 mins for any of the rides which was fantastic!

The rides were all age appropriate and fun for the entire family. Some popular ones for us were the Coastersaurus, Project X, the Flying School, the Nissan Driving School, boating, horse riding. The kids also liked being able to build their own lego building and race cars, test them out.

The only setup back is restroom not well maintain, the door lock either damage or lost.

Advise purchase entrance tickets via online or travel agents this will help you to beat the long queuing.

Overall Legoland park in all a pleasant day for the our family.

1 Thank quekkaiheng

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Disorganized
Unfinished
Expensive
Don't waste time or money. Stay in Singapore. They do things properly there.
For example: the sign by the ride says 'waiting time 5 minutes'. Real wait time 1 hour. Nobody is in charge of these things.

7 Thank Manfifty
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor Crowd Management”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went to Legoland with my in-laws and children on 19th Dec, Wednesday. Recommend to bring sun block and lots of water as the heat can be unbearable. Umbrella is good for hot or wet weather. Mall is just outside Legoland and we came out to have more lunch options and to escape from the heat. Staff are friendly.

The park is crowded as expected considering it is new and the visit was during school holidays. Ticketing queues were very long to begin with but fortunately we had bought our tickets in advance or else we have to spend longer time in the queue. Agree with other visitors that queue management is a big area for improvement. More staff could be deployed to help visitors to know where to queue as well as to prevent queue jumping, which is the common problem in the theme park which put people off. The staff are either oblivious to the queue jumping problem or not trained in this. More staff could be deployed at all stations, considering the big number of visitors everywhere. We saw people trying to beat the queues and taking as many rides as possible by getting in many queues and joining them after they have finished other rides, it is not fair to the people already in the queue, considering the long wait they already endured. People were also taking short cuts at the beginning of the queue by going under the rail to get in front of those following the zig zag flow. This problem alone is a deterrence to us making a return trip to Logoland. We have seen elsewhere where queues are better managed with more staff deployed to prevent queue cutting and to ensure all members in a group must be present before they can join the queue.

The toilets in the theme park are difficult to locate as some have signs at one side only. Toilet signs could be displayed on all sides as we had to walk big round to find the toilet. The toilet symbols are not clear from far as well.

2 Thank AlvinNew
Kuching, Malaysia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not worth going”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Not up to international standard. Need more shades and places for young or elderly to rest. Signage is poor. More like a park, not a theme park. Rides are lack of safety features. Toilets not clean, paper not refilled at all time.

6 Thank joanwcl
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Designed for European weather and income. Disappointed AFOL”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went to Legoland with my parents and my younger brother on the 10th of December 2012. It was a Monday yet it was packed with people as it was the school holidays and a day before the Selangor state holiday on the 11th of December. So it came to no surprise that many people from the Klang Valley took advantage of the long weekend to visit the park.

We arrived there at around 9.30pm and I can see that the area is not fully completed. The first impression of the large open air car park (3 o'clock at the roundabout) was a let down to say the least. In other theme parks I went to the car park is fully pre-mixed with proper lines, but the Legoland car park only the driveway is paved while the car park area is crusher run. Not a good start for an international theme park.

I was expecting a long queue to buy the tickets since we wanted to use a discount coupon for 4 adult tickets, but the queue was beyond what I had imaged. The line stretched from the ticket counter all the way to Medini Mall right opposite the entrance. It took an hour to actually buy the tickets. It does not help that there is little to no shade or staff assigned to keep the queue in order where a simple rope chain with a proper shelter from the sun is enough. Also encountered a tourist agent which somehow trying to sell the tickets at full price to those in the queue. I never expected a scalper before, especially in Legoland!

Inside the park is no different from the outside. Long lines, little shelter from the sun and even if there is shelter there is not much cooling fans nor mist sprayers to keep the heat down. I did not enjoy much as it was noon with clear sky and the sun above our heads. Even with an umbrella it is still very very hot.

My first impression is that while the open design of the park is good for places like Billund or Windsor, it is absolutely terrible for a hot humid country like Malaysia. I have been to Everland in South Korea, Disneyland in Tokyo, Universal Studios in Osaka and while those parks are using an open concept the weather there is cooling and enjoyable. It became worst when it rained around 3pm. Due to the lack of shelter the Big Shop was filled to the brim and many areas were soaked due to water blown by the wind.

As for rides, most of the rides are for kids and kids will definitely enjoy them. I think most of the other reviews from parents with kids can attest to that.

However from an AFOL standpoint (Adult fan of Lego) I am disappointed with the prices as well as the selection of Lego to buy. It was touted that the Big Shop has the largest selection in South East Asia which is a statement I highly disagree. When I was there the Big Shop didn't had much Ninjago, Star wars, City, Friends and most importantly Technic. Not a single 2012 Technic set. Also the selection of key chains and souvenirs were below my expectation.

Then there is the price of the items in the Big Shop. I was expecting the prices of the sets to be reasonable and not overpriced like the rest of country. But I was disappointed that the prices of stuff is no change from retail prices. At this rate there is practically no reason to go to Legoland to shop for sets. You would think after paying the high entry price there is some sort of discount on some stuff.

There is some good though. I loved the miniland models and how detailed they are. It makes me proud to see our national landmarks immortalized in Lego. I can look at it for hours had not it been so hot that I need to seek shelter and replenish my thirst. Also the pick a brick is a very big improvement from what I saw last time, so much so I bought more than a kg of bricks.

Speaking about thirst, THERE IS NO WATER COOLER/DRINKING FOUNTAIN in the park, so better bring large water bottles as the drinks inside are expensive.

So in summary:-
1) Very hot, open concept not suited for Malaysian weather
2) Overpriced ticket price, overpriced F&B
3) Pathetic Big Shop prices and selection
4) Lots of rides kids will love
5) Good but pricey pick a brick
6) Met some friendly staff and managed to exchanged a few minifigures with them!
7) Incomplete car park
8) When it rained it pours. Will get wet due to lack of shelter.

I heard they are increasing the annual pass prices which I think is a big mistake. The current state of the park does not warrant the price increase. I know I won't be visiting the park anytime soon.

5 Thank paanjang16