“Can do better for the $$$”
Review of Bayu Marina Resort

Bayu Marina Resort
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Vancouver, Canada
“Can do better for the $$$”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I found out I could have stayed at a better hotel for the money I paid. the rooms are big but not very suitable for a business traveller, okay for families perhaps. Had to get a cab to this location. the service is okay. Breakfast is not what you would expect. Definitely not for tourist or business travellers.

Room Tip: Not for business travellers or tourist
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Estate555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sweden
Reviewed May 31, 2013

During check in was efficient but trauma begin when we went to our room. The room is so called okay but cleanliness is poor, toilet not functioning and such a terrible smell coming thru the kitchen sink. So I called the front desk to sent someone up here to check, I actually don't understand her English because this lady is a Filipino and she doesn't really understand what I am trying to tell her. My curiosity is, "Why the Management can put such an idiot to be at the front desk?" Well, i have waited for almost one hour but no one came, either this Filipino lady doesn't understand or she did not follow up my request at all
....is that very hard just to sent someone to fix it. I am puzzled here. The worst was this hotel got to training to their service staffs, they don't really understand English and even the whole hotel staffs are foreigner,Especially Filipinos. Read some others review about this hotel,talking about how great it was, it's all craps
And the waterfront view which cost another RM30, is everyone blinded by those floating garbages. If your resort is not ready to sell, do not open at all. please be more considerate about those loud drilling, knocking and many other unbearable noise. let me know, is this is what you call a RESORT?? Shame on you guy.

Your location was isolated from everything else. Travellers please beware and reconsider before checking in to this hotel.

Room Tip: If traveller coming here to relax and enjoying with family, this will not be the ideal one. You will...
7 Thank Rebkastel

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedrooms apartment.The unit is clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. Has a good variety of Malaysian food every morning for buffet breakfast. The location has no public transport convenient; need to call cab. I'd requested for a high floor, quiet, non smoking area. And gosh.. I realized the next early morning, my unit was a floor up beside the open air restaurant and every 6 am, I get the noises from the food preparation,pushing of gas /cooking stove... followed with fork fighting events. When I reaches out for some fresh air from the balcony, the hotels staff are puffing cigarettes at the open air! The receptionist really need to be tactful and anticipate these when allocating room. My hubby tried for another room on the 1st.day but only has a different quad type of room apartment.

Room Tip: Ask and check of ur rooms request.
2 Thank simmei
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 28, 2013

had a short mini getaway with my family over at bayu marina resort. just 15minutes drive from the woodlands checkpoint.
Quite easy to locate the resort with the signboards at the side of the road.

Check in was a breeze. We got a free upgrade from 2 room apartment to 3 room. Living & dining area was spacious enough for my little nephews to roam around. all 3 rooms was modernly decorated with a super comfy bed & the view from our level 21 storey apartment was simply superb. We get to see the beautiful sunrise from our room.

minus point - wet lifts at level 9. Breakfast area & the swimming pool same level. almost slipped and fall due to the slippery floor due to wet guests from the pool going to their rooms in their wet suits.

Room Tip: 5mins drive / 10 mins walk to a nearby 24 hours coffeeshop for the hungry night owl :)
1 Thank heartflakes07
Johor
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Spent three days in Marina Bayu Resort with my English husband and 14 years old daughter. We have been so many hotels around the world for holidays, from budget to luxury ones. I think this hotel is one of our favourites. The staff are kind, polite and friendly, especially Miss Sugar. She is an asset to the hotel. We will come again, for sure.

1 Thank JamilaJackson
Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After viewing so many negative reviews about this hotel before reaching my destination. To be frank, it got me worried that I will have a bad experience with my stay there. I didn't choose this hotel as my stay as I bought deal from Groupon so I don't have a choice. Luckily, it was a nice stay! Most of the people complain about the service but it was fine. In fact, the service personnel are very friendly. They answered all my queries with a smile. The room is spacious and clean. The only downside of it is the wifi, it doesn't work at all or very low bandwidth.

I also want to compliment their food as it was so worth it! Their portion is not small and it's delicious. My boyfriend and I ordered soup, crab meat Yee mee and XO fried rice. The amount of crab meat they put in is really worth the price! Soup is enough for both of us and the XO fried rice is good too. Breakfast was good as well!

Check-out process we're smooth and we headed to Legoland. Overall we both have a great time! Totally worth the stay.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, you might want to request to have sea facing or the golf course facing. It...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kyandi-ong
Bangkok
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is pretty new and the rooms are ok, cleanliness very good, pool ok. In general the facilities are not too bad. Unfortunately the service is one of the worst I ever experienced anywhere in the world. The front office staff is busy with little chit chats amongst each other and they basically spend 90% of their working time with some "private business" like watching TV, facebook, etc. WIFI internet was included in the room rate but it never worked except the first few hours after check in. We reported the problem each single day of our 2 weeks stay but the only reply was "our maintenance team is checking" or "somebody from the local telecom will come today". Nothing happened and internet was not working until we finally checked out. All charges were guaranteed and settled by my company.......the first few days it worked well, all of a sudden the front office staff kept bothering me to pay my roomservice, laundry, etc. by cash. Why ??? Overall the hotel could be very nice but unfortunately the lack of service attitude amongst the team is letting the whole place down.............we had the feeling that the management is not there permanently and the staff is taking advantage of that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business