“In bad need of refreshing”

The Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Australia
“In bad need of refreshing”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Depends on what you are looking for...I was here for work, so not spending much time in the hotel. The hotel has 2 non smoking floors...however, this does not mean that people will not smoke...there is an ashtray near the 'non smoking' sign...
Sheets were clean, housekeeping was good. The bathrooms are very poor..the shower is over the bath and leaks..very little hot water & pressure.
This hotel is in bad need of refurbishment and upgrading.
The service however, is very good. Nice staff, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DockoAustralia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Same as previous reviewers who stayed in Sep. Renovations taking place. Thought we'll get some peace at night, but the music started blasting late at night. I was on 11th floor, but could hear the beat of the music.

Decor is dated. Water heater is faulty, we can only bath in really hot water, can't tune it down. No ventilation in bathroom, so it was very hot and stuffy.

Only plus point is the location. But we won't stay there again as we want to be able to fall asleep - isn't that what a hotel is for?

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bloom_Richie

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our last stay at this hotel was in Dec 2011.....and at that time, check in was fast and smooth when a male receptionist attended to us...
This time round, we waited for more than an hour! We arrived at around 3pm....The first staff (a female) said the room was not ready and asked us to wait for half an hour.... After half an hour, my hubby approached another female staff (cos the earlier one was gone) and still the room was not ready!
We saw other people checking in later and got their rooms.... Finally, at around 4pm, I saw a male receptionist was available and I asked hubby to approach him instead (I vaguely remember that he was the one who attended to us the last time)... Guess what, we got our room in minutes and was even upgraded... I guess next time, we will just go to the male receptionist right away...... I really wondered what those two female staff were doing...
No complaints about the room though furniture etc are dated.... It's still a comfortable stay....
The location of this hotel is of course the deciding factor for our stay....
After experiencing the horrible service at check in, I will be thinking twice whether to stay here again on our next trip.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GinaL_1312
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last weekend with my family and friends. taken up 2 rooms connection.

This hotel really needs a makeover. 5 star is definitely overrated. The bed was lousy. pillow case was yellowish and old. The bathtub and the basin were gross with plaster all over. Nothing to shout about hotel breakfast. They were slow in replenish foods. Not enough tables and the waitresses were not trained properly. Dropped whole stack of plates on my table without apologising.

No ventilation system in the toilet.

Asked for an executive room and was told it is currently under renovation. Maybe after renovation, they will be better? Let's wait and see.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel was undergoing a renovation so it look really messy. I stayed on the 10th floor and yet I could still hear music blasting from the club/disco. Breakfast buffet was disappointing in terms of choice and food presentation. Most food was served cold. For the price paid, I was expecting a better service.

A thorough toilet check-up should be carried out. Because two boxes of shower caps with no shower caps were found in the room. It was quite troublesome especially when you really need it. Room was really clean though.

Location is very good too. Just about 15 minutes walk from City Square or about RM8 for a taxi ride.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked to spend my birthday at Puteri Pacific from 6-7 Sep after reading mostly good reviews about the hotel. I drove to the hotel and parked at the hotel carpark which was can be scary if you're a new driver. Anyway, the lift to the lobby was not working but we had to discover that ourselves as there were no signs indicating so. Signages to the lobby was poor so we ended up going out of the hotel carpark to get to the lobby. It was 4 flights of long staircases but luckily we did not have heavy luggage. At check-in I was told that they did not have any non-smoking room although I did make a request when I booked almost 2 weeks ago. When I told the staff at the lobby about the lift to the carpark problem, they offered no solution. Upon entering our room, we discovered that it reeked of cigarette smell, bath tub was peeling, no room slippers and TV was also old CRT type (non flat panel) which was surprising for a 5-star hotel. Many places in the hotel was underging renovations and breakfast was confined to the Chinese restaurant and the corridor outside it. The disappontment did not end even when I as I left the hotel after check out. The card issued by the staff for us to leave the carpark was faulty and as a result we got stuck at the gantry with a string of cars behind us. The intercom did not work either or maybe nobody botherd to answer. When we went up to level 4 of the carpark (the lifts were still not working), we discovered to our horror that the staircase reeked of human waste. When told that the card did not work, the staff simply issues a new card with no attempt for service recovery let alone apology. The saving grace are the bed is comfortable and the staff at breakfast were efficient and courteous. Final verdict: I won't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple