All reviewsholiday plazapolo loungenew wingdeluxe roomshopping mallroom servicechinese restaurantother hotelsparking spacecoffee houseclub floorpleasant staybig roomnasi lemaknon smoking roomhousekeeping stafffront office
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A very good hotel, newly touched up. Room is clean and big for the price paid. Buffet breakfast is acceptable but if possible, I think it would be better to explore food joint around the hotel vicinity for a true authentic Johor experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ericcpk
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Your kind comments regarding hotel’s services and amenities are much appreciated. We are happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and we shall certainly look forward to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I just came back from a 2N stay in a deluxe room at the Tebrau wing. The room even though is of old design is very spacious, well maintained and clean.

The hotel is really trying hard to impress and I've to compliment the Management for their efforts. It started with a pre-stay welcome mail and ended with a post-stay thank you mail.

The hotel offer complimentary shuttle service to and from airport and to several shopping centres nearby but make sure you make reservation in advance. The concierge staff is very friendly and polite.

I dine at The Capri and find its food and service to be reasonably good. The buffet breakfast is decent with an egg station making a variety of freshly prepared eggs.

The swimming pool is nothing to shout about and there's no children pool. It's ok for my stay as I spent my 2 first days at LEGOLAND and only wish to come back to a comfortable room and a good restaurant for dinner.

Holiday Plaza is just next door if you wish to do some shopping and opt for some fast food if you choose not to dine in the hotel.

On my last day they extended my check out time until 3pm which was highly appreciated as my flight was only at night.

Overall I think the hotel is good value for the rate they charge compare to some other hotels in JB.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floor with city view. Pay a little more for the Deluxe room
1  Thank SeasonTraveller17

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Thanks again, for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is another city hotel. Good value for money. Large room, and good sized bathroom, though not entirely clean.
Internet only available in the lobby, and not that great. Ethernet in the room, but I was only travelling with iPad.
Choose your room with care, as its backs onto a railway line. Trains go through early and late. Worst for this western traveler was the Muslim service on loudspeaker from 5 am on the two consecutive mornings I was there. It's not just the call to prayer, it's an entire 40 minute service, whilst still dark outside. This also sets off local dogs barking. It's such a relief when it's finished, and then followed by the 5.45 express train going through.
When in Rome..I know!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Majen1

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru. We appreciate your feedback and we have taken note on your comments on our room cleanliness and rest assured, measures have been put in place to prevent similar occurrence in future. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the deluxe room... Spacious with 2 queen beds! Great location.
Disappointed with the swimming pool, it looks so old & pool for kids was awful.
The breakfast were nice. Staff were nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe room double queen for family
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the deluxe room and booked directly with the hotel as the rate was slightly cheaper than other websites (such as agoda and booking.com). There were 5 of us, 2 adults, 2 children and a baby<1 year old.

The deluxe room was huge (2 queen beds with complimentary cot) and comfortable. I have no complaint as we all slept soundly, but be aware the A/C can be too cold). The reasons why I might not come back are the fact that they charge around RM25 for breakfast per child, as the room rate only comes with 2 adult breakfast. We were only told about this upon entering the restaurant.

The internet is chargeable (RM25/24hrs) and free-wifi is only available at the lobby. Room service menu was somewhat limited and very pricey (RM36 for fish and chips). Our room is facing the back area and you can hear the train every once in a while.

The staff was friendly and I wold like to specifically commend on the nice concierge staff. Overall I would come back as a business traveler but would find some other hotels with my family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We certainly look forward to your return trip to our hotel where we trust you will have a memorable experience.