All reviewsholiday plazapolo loungenew wingdeluxe roomshopping mallroom servicechinese restaurantother hotelsparking spacecoffee houseclub floorpleasant staybig roomnasi lemaknon smoking roomhousekeeping stafffront office
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

cozy room with spacious built up..very friendly staff and welcoming attitude. Good retreat after hectic working day. The only reservation that i have only the bfast buffet which i think could be improved.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mshahom
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We are delighted to have you stayed with us recently. We have taken note of your comments and will continue to improve on our services to meet guest’s expectations. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for 3 days with big family in 4 deluxe rooms. Big rooms with well kept furnishings and packed of toiletries, including detergent! Staff were nice and helpful. Location is walking distance to KSL City. Lot of food near by.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jsf2013

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We certainly look forward to your return trip to our hotel where we trust you will have a memorable experience.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good value for money hotel. More appropriate for families compared to surrounding hotels. Spacious rooms with well kept furnishings. Parking space is safe as the security there is diligent. Mutiara is located next to an old mall which sells a lot of gadget accessories at really cheap prices! Anything that you wish from iPhone to Samsung accessories.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PillowBook
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Your kind comments regarding hotel’s services and amenities are much appreciated. We are happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and we shall certainly look forward to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel I am informed is one of the best in JB, well it isn't. It is in a run down area, the staff are inefficient, sullen and not very friendly with Westerners. I was the only white female in the hotel on my business stay and I was constantly being stared at. I had to call the reception to get them to vacuum my room properly as there was rubbish at the back of the chair.

The internet is charged at $M25 per day and it is the slowest and most difficult internet I have ever had to connect and use. The member of staff who helped me connect was very helpful though. One or two of the main restaurant staff were also quite helpful as was the doorment, and the staff and food in the Chinese restaurant was very good,( the only reason to visit this hotel is the Chinese restaurant.) My weeks stay was miserable as I was told not to go out at night on my own. It was Ramadam, so couldn't get a seat in the main restaurant at night, so I didn't eat much except when I went to the Chinese restaurant there. There is a new hotel not far from there called KSL, that is where I will be staying next time for sure.

Breakfast was below average

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank minxy110
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

We understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Rest assured, we will address the issue as it is our goal to restore your confidence in our hotel. We believe nothing is more important than regaining the trust and all of us hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome and serve you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 9 days, the staff were absolutely first class, friendly helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble.

My room was fine, although it was frustrating not to have wifi and then their server had an aversion to allowing Australian BigPond accounts to send mail. However the IT people tried their best to help.

The shower was slow to warm up and one had to run the water for a while before it came through.

The most annoying aspect of my whole stay was that with my room facing the swimming pool I was awoken every morning by the music being piped into the pool area. Surely this does not have to be played first thing in the morning? Having worked late every night this became incredibly annoying.

Amazingly this was more annoying than the fact that my air conditioner leaked twice during my stay and wet the carpet. The technical guys came and fixed it and were superb.

The Mutiara is a family hotel, everything about it is good but I found the staff to be the ones who made the stay special, their smiles, their willingness to help and they all seemed happy in their work, which is rare to see these days.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be woken up early ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We truly appreciate the chance to offer you our services, and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your continued patronage is a vital part of our growth and for that, we are most grateful.